DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Because we're going to keep a certain number of WRs on the roster. He would cost another WR a roster spot.
Well dammit Jerry I don't want him, ok. Stop pushing him on me man, he might get hurt since he's so fragile :LOL: ......nah but in all seriousness, guess we'll see what the Rams do. Guessing once the CAP is set and the Rams restructure, we'll see what their plan is.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am sure. Not interested in further debates about our former qb, and of course you are entitled to your opinion, but imo your characterization is simply wrong.
Everyone is entitled to be wrong...both of us.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Just because you could doesn’t mean you should
-crack
-meth
-DeSean

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I gave you 20 seconds of Not Sure. Now have a beer...

But Not Sure is the smartest guy in the world!!!

tenor.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If the price is right, absofuckinglutely. For all of the reasons @jrry32 mentioned.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's going to cost a lot more than DeSean. There are plenty of teams that could use a 6'4" deep threat on a reasonable deal. Outside of this year, Williams had generally managed to stay on the field and produce decently.

DeSean is a low risk signing. If he gets injured, we were paying him next to nothing anyways and not counting on him. If he stays healthy, we have a dangerous #4 WR. I don't see much point in passing if DeSean is willing to play for close to the veteran minimum.

That's what I expect a "prove it" deal to cost for Williams. The Raiders handed him a 4 year $44 million deal a couple years ago. I'm thinking a "prove it" deal for him will be somewhere in the range of $7 million (give or take $2 million) for that single year.

My point is Williams is much more likely to produce. Jackson has really faded. If they are thinking its a Superbowl roster, then what is Jackson going to bring to it in comparison to Williams? But, I concede that if the tweet is accurate then they know what they are looking for. Maybe they hope being on a goid team without the controversy will recharge DeSean, but that's hard to do over 16-20 games with a player showing his age. I guess its likely a bit role.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is Williams is much more likely to produce. Jackson has really faded. If they are thinking its a Superbowl roster, then what is Jackson going to bring to it in comparison to Williams? But, I concede that if the tweet is accurate then they know what they are looking for. Maybe they hope being on a goid team without the controversy will recharge DeSean, but that's hard to do over 16-20 games with a player showing his age. I guess its likely a bit role.

Williams isn't an option if we're keeping Kupp and Woods (assuming they're not already looking to give up on Van Jefferson). He's not going to take a "prove it" contract to be the #4 WR here. He's going to want an opportunity to produce in hopes of earning a final payday. If we trade Kupp or Woods, we'll be looking for a guy like Williams instead of D-Jax. D-Jax only makes sense in a small role. Williams only makes sense in a big role.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, and I can see DJax doing well as a platoon with Jefferson.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, and I can see DJax doing well as a platoon with Jefferson.

If limiting his reps keeps him active on game days, it appears he still has “some gas left”.

I don’t necessarily dislike the idea, as I think we need to come to grips that compromise is necessary every year when roster building.

Can‘t do everything you want, so it’s about the best combo of pieces.

If we view oline as a target area, we need to save resources for that, etc.