DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Other teams make draft picks, so it's never a great idea to rely on a position in the draft. Were most likely going to sign a FA WR.

The next question becomes how much to spend? Whoever we sign, it'll have to be for peanuts.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He's going to cost a lot more than DeSean. There are plenty of teams that could use a 6'4" deep threat on a reasonable deal. Outside of this year, Williams had generally managed to stay on the field and produce decently.

DeSean is a low risk signing. If he gets injured, we were paying him next to nothing anyways and not counting on him. If he stays healthy, we have a dangerous #4 WR. I don't see much point in passing if DeSean is willing to play for close to the veteran minimum.

That's what I expect a "prove it" deal to cost for Williams. The Raiders handed him a 4 year $44 million deal a couple years ago. I'm thinking a "prove it" deal for him will be somewhere in the range of $7 million (give or take $2 million) for that single year.

Still rather put money towards a WR that is less injury prone. If one of our current WRs gets hurt, counting on DJ as any kind of depth is scary regardless of cost. Sucks that he's so injury prone lately.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Donnie Avery. Every time.

Please dont bring this shit up :ROFLMAO:. It scarred my soul too.

Tbh I forgot about the Washington connection between McVay and DJax. If he is healthy and can serve as our deep threat WR4, there's no reason why he cant get 500yards+ 4-5 TDs at least. He's one of the best deep threat WRs in the history of the NFL. We could get him super cheap too, just wonder what his health situation is.

The only deep WRs in our price range I think are DJax, Perriman, and Agholar. And Agholar might be too expensive.

1614298556542.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still rather put money towards a WR that is less injury prone. If one of our current WRs gets hurt, counting on DJ as any kind of depth is scary regardless of cost. Sucks that he's so injury prone lately.

We'd still have a draft pick behind him. I'm not sure what WR we're going to land in FA on the cheap who will be better depth. It would be a poor use of resources to throw a good amount of money into the #4 WR slot considering the lack of money we have and the holes on defense.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Please dont bring this shit up :ROFLMAO:. It scarred my soul too.

Tbh I forgot about the Washington connection between McVay and DJax. If he is healthy and can serve as our deep threat WR4, there's no reason why he cant get 500yards+ 4-5 TDs at least. He's one of the best deep threat WRs in the history of the NFL. We could get him super cheap too, just wonder what his health situation is.

The only deep WRs in our price range I think are DJax, Perriman, and Agholar. And Agholar might be too expensive.

View attachment 43968

D-Jax was the Bobby Wagner of that coaching cycle. However not as obvious at that time. So see D-Jax in a Ram uniform would give me a bit of closure in that regard. Lol

I remember picking the Eagles as my default online team. Vick to run. Vick to Jackson (and Maclin.) It wasn't fair at times.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We'd still have a draft pick behind him. I'm not sure what WR we're going to land in FA on the cheap who will be better depth. It would be a poor use of resources to throw a good amount of money into the #4 WR slot considering the lack of money we have and the holes on defense.

I wouldn't even target a WR in FA due to our CAP restraints. Plus putting DJ on the roster is a waste of a roster spot. That's guys body is done, no way he makes it thru a whole season or even half they way he's been lately. He played in only 3 games last year and 5 the year before due to injuries. That's the reason he's more than willing to play for the vet minimum.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was sort of thinking Jackson might make sense, but I don’t know.

35 years old and 8 games last 2 years... why do we see this getting better?

MachS

Hall of Fame
D-Jax was the Bobby Wagner of that coaching cycle. However not as obvious at that time. So see D-Jax in a Ram uniform would give me a bit of closure in that regard. Lol

I remember picking the Eagles as my default online team. Vick to run. Vick to Jackson (and Maclin.) It wasn't fair at times.

Yea man some of our drafts back then were so bad. I love drafting WRs and that one hurt . Also drafting Tavon Austin over DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen still pisses me off. His college tape was great but after seeing how it played out just sucks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was sort of thinking Jackson might make sense, but I don’t know.

35 years old and 8 games last 2 years... why do we see this getting better?

Because he won't be asked to be our #1 WR.

I wouldn't even target a WR in FA due to our CAP restraints. Plus putting DJ on the roster is a waste of a roster spot. That's guys body is done, no way he makes it thru a whole season or even half they way he's been lately. He played in only 3 games last year and 5 the year before due to injuries. That's the reason he's more than willing to play for the vet minimum.

I don't see it as a waste of a roster spot. We gave a roster spot to Nsimba Webster and Trishton Jackson this past year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Because he won't be asked to be our #1 WR.

I don't see it as a waste of a roster spot. We gave a roster spot to Nsimba Webster and Trishton Jackson this past year.

Yeah but you're only looking at WR vs WR in regards to a roster spot. I'm talking about the team in general. Rather use that roster spot elsewhere. I get giving someone with an injury history a chance to see if their luck will change, but I say no when that WR is old as hell in NFL years.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I'd like to take a look a Zay Jones, ... approaching 26 y.o., deep threat potential, runs a 4.45-40, he might be crazy, but he should also be cheap. jmo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I will however say this in support of our team. Whoever the Rams bring in, even if I don't think it's a smart move, I hope they prove me wrong and make us better. Enjoying the back and forth views by the way. I'm sure the Rams are hinging their decisions based on the conversations in this forum

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Tracy Morgan was as good in that movie as Bruce Willis was bad... which is saying VERY, VERY

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but you're only looking at WR vs WR in regards to a roster spot. I'm talking about the team in general. Rather use that roster spot elsewhere. I get giving someone with an injury history a chance to see if their luck will change, but I say no when that WR is old as hell in NFL years.

Because we're going to keep a certain number of WRs on the roster. He would cost another WR a roster spot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go with the guys we have. We know our guys run great routes and their numbers were hurt by a QB that didn't want to throw long distances....and wasn't that accurate the few times that he did.
@jrry32 and @FarNorth , you need to be sure!