DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Was just about to post...that makes it a lot better though. I can live with that. Meet the incentives and we will all be happy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was just about to post...that makes it a lot better though. I can live with that. Meet the incentives and we will all be happy.
Fortunately it's safe to assume he'll never see the vast majority of those game bonuses and that puts the 50% snaps out of reach. But the base pay is still too much. Nothing we can do about it now though other than hope we draft a guy to fill that role when DJax goes down. Eight years since he played a full season and he's 34 now.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

dang

Legend
I really don’t care how much he gets paid. I hope he gets paid $7m because that means he was a major contributor. What’s important is his cap hit. Which at $3.26m is about $.76m more than I was hoping. It certainly doesn’t break the bank.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

yep, i hope he earns every cent of that $6.25m incentive laden contract.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow has this fan base become cynical, haha. Haters are everywhere hating on almost anything they can hate on..... While this team is in literally its best 4 year stretch since the 80s...maybe even the 70s. Comical.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seems like pretty good risk. If he earns, we will all be happy. I especially like the 50% and better result as a TEAM.

When I heard the original amount, I too was thinking whaaaaat? But this structure sounds like REAL win if he earns the incentives.

I was a big Cooks fan dating back to his days at the ORIGINAL OSU, but it was apparent we couldn't rely on that threat. Since he went away, I've wanted a take off the cap guy. Maybe DJ is that guy. Maybe he's not. He's at least well rested.

Let's all hope he earns every penny of that contract and more. He's coming home. I doubt he wants to go out on a shitty note in front of his friends and family.

Positive vibes.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If he's playing in the playoffs, he probably played most the year and will help post season. Hopefully he'll be worth 5 or 6 mil but I have to laugh and shake my head at the comment about him injuring himself last year while celebrating. Just shows you he's still that immature showboater. There should be a clause in the contract that voids any game salary where he spikes the ball prematurely.,

btfd16

Rookie
I
Wow has this fan base become cynical, haha. Haters are everywhere hating on almost anything they can hate on..... While this team is in literally its best 4 year stretch since the 80s...maybe even the 70s. Comical.
I mean... does 4 year success equate to accepting continuous poor contracts? Are we supposed to just roll over and let them pet our bellies because we won a couple games?

No need to comment boys! Happiness only we’ve had a good four years! Shut the forum down we’re good here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's way too much.
Unless he earns out. Were we going to draft a NFL ready speedster? I'd guess no.

You watch the draft classes much more than I. Is there someone that would crack the line up at our draft positions?

Seems like a fairly low risk, high reward kind of contract.

You have a risk of injury - certainly. But you also have a guy that knows the position, is coming home to play in front of HIS city, wasn't really in a good situation in Philly, and has a QB with an absolute rifle of an arm. He also may not be a real injury risk as most might be from training staff, the situation he was in... It may make a difference and it may mean nothing.

I personally think it's a decent risk.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I

I mean... does 4 year success equate to accepting continuous poor contracts? Are we supposed to just roll over and let them pet our bellies because we won a couple games?

No need to comment boys! Happiness only we’ve had a good four years! Shut the forum down we’re good here.
By all means, piss, moan, repeat. Whatever makes you feel good. I am not saying that I agree with every move they make, I am just old enough to remember all of the years of putrid Rams football and FO management. Forgive me if I want to enjoy a good stretch like this while I can. Cheers!!

btfd16

Rookie
The issues people are having aren’t about the player. It’s about the injury history and the money. There are proven NFL speedsters who actually play that have been going for less. $1-2m could absolutely be the difference for an OL, LB, EDGE in a bidding war.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I

Kind of couched to elicit a response so....

Roll over? No. Think the sky is falling? No.

But denying the success does boggle my mind. With very few exceptions, every team has bad moves.

But I appreciate your flippant attitude.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The issues people are having aren’t about the player. It’s about the injury history and the money. There are proven NFL speedsters who actually play that have been going for less. $1-2m could absolutely be the difference for an OL, LB, EDGE in a bidding war.
Care to name a few that were available?