DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A pittance! We have several threads and a couple hundred pages going about another teams QB and will have many more of each :D
rRjyCMb.gif

TexasRam

Legend
I personally like the contract. The incentives are framed well.

He can be an impact player if on the field and that's what the incentives drive at.

I just really like it. He has maybe lost a step but he still is an impact burner and that fits well with what Stafford brings.

Beggers can't be choosers. Some of you were calling for Golladay or something. C'mon man.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2.5 plus incentives is plenty good. If jackson plays 17 games he'll be a 700 plus yard reciever.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Folks are clamoring for a deep threat, the Rams sign one, then its complaining about how much it cost.
Good grief. Golladay is getting 18 mill and he played in the same number of games as Djax last season.
Yeah and what I find really entertaining is that IF Jackson had not been hurt even the past two years we would have paid out the ass for him. So yes he is a dickhead to some extent at least he used to be, and he also can't be counted on to stay healthy. But he also has some talent which is why he's making a couple million more than expected.

This definitely looks like the real value is kicking Jefferson in the ass because Jackson is coming for his job. And IMO that does have a lot of value if that competition helps Van raise his game. Not knocking Van here. But he is young and competition is always good.

Eight years since he played a full season and he's 34 now.
That's a crazy fucking stat man. Jesus.

Wow has this fan base become cynical, haha. Haters are everywhere hating on almost anything they can hate on..... While this team is in literally its best 4 year stretch since the 80s...maybe even the 70s. Comical.
Yeah we have a lot of entitlement. But all winning teams have the same thing it's human nature IMO.

yep, i hope stafford going deep to jackson for a td happens often.
Same here my man. He's a Ram now and I'm gonna root for him. Also I will say this for the guy... I don't doubt his competitive streak. So however many games he plays here's hoping we feel him in some TDs and stretched fields.

I personally like the contract. The incentives are framed well.

He can be an impact player if on the field and that's what the incentives drive at.

I just really like it. He has maybe lost a step but he still is an impact burner and that fits well with what Stafford brings.

Beggers can't be choosers. Some of you were calling for Golladay or something. C'mon man.
I think he is poised to pick up the incentives on the team improving and in the playoffs. This team is going deep this year. In a good way. :cheers2:

Last edited:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the guy we should have taken over Donnie Avery.
That means, he is OLD.
Thank goodness we at least got Chris Long in that draft! That front office and scouts couldn't smell a fish at a seafood store. "Good morning ladies" said the blind man.

MachS

Hall of Fame
2.5 plus incentives is plenty good. If jackson plays 17 games he'll be a 700 plus yard reciever.

Lol dude if Jackson plays a full 17, hes going over 1,000 yards in this offense with Stafford. No doubt about that. He wont do that but we dont need him to. Stay healthy, play 30 snaps a game and he will have at least 6 long TDs this year.

I think many on this board haven't watched him play much and dont really understand how good he is.

TexasRam

Legend
This is the guy we should have taken over Donnie Avery.
That means, he is OLD.
Hehe yea. That’s a weird thought there. Avery seems like a lifetime ago and he we are trying to find the last piece to the puzzle with his contemporary. Crazy.

TexasRam

Legend
Lol dude if Jackson plays a full 17, hes going over 1,000 yards in this offense with Stafford. No doubt about that. He wont do that but we dont need him to. Stay healthy, play 30 snaps a game and he will have at least 6 long TDs this year.

I think many on this board haven't watched him play much and dont really understand how good he is.
Yea he still can get deep and score TD’s, but the impact of the deep threat, itself, as others have stated, is also valuable.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a good contract. 4.5 M base would've been too much, but it's actually a 2.75M base with a ton of per-game incentives.

Lotta ppl gonna regret hating on this contract after DJax hauls in a few bombs

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I just like to temper my own excitement but yeah I'm drinking your Kool-Aid for sure lol