DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
BTW, the last two yrs were the biggest problem... before that the previous 3 yrs he played a min of 12 gms each yr.

I will take that.

Screenshot_20210322-094602.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude got total cheap shot by the Giants last year, stupid of Eagles to have put him in that spot. Alas....
McVay's worked with him before, I'd imagine has spoken with him during the off season, so if he's good with this move, we should be pumped

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Noting the career stats above, McVay was Jackson’s OC from 2014-2016.

Jackson was productive and played 15 games in ‘14 and ‘16. Had 1,000 receiving yards both years and averaged 19-plus per reception.

Of course, five years is a long time in the NFL.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well....let's get this man some stem cells and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, and see what the old bugger has got left in the tank!

Welcome to LA DeSean

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DJax is healthy right now
Which will based on recent history last about 30 snaps. The guy played 160 snaps in a full NFL season last year. We all know he has caught long touchdowns. He unfortunately prefers the trainers table and the tub to the playing field.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
A lot of people wanted John Ross who has shown literally nothing at the NFL level. Just a collosal bust. I'd much rather take a flier on DJax and hope McVay + coming back home to Cali keeps him healthy. DJax is healthy right now, the 81yard TD below was week 16 only a few months ago.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsBrothers/status/1373797500755263495?s=19

Now I agree with you there, I most definitely was not on the John Ross bandwagon. He hasn't show enough plus Jackson does have 2 major things over him, he knows the offense and also McVay.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm not saying he doesn't. But it's not going to be the Desean of old. I still believe he CAN make a big play here and there, but he's long gone as a game changer.

I guess I'm just going into this with low and maybe "realistic" expectations based on last few years, his age, and injury history.

I'm obviously hoping for the absolute best!
My guy still has the juice. Should have torched the Rams for 200 early in the year. Pumped about this signing.

View: https://youtu.be/HGvewgvqDJ4

I know this is a bit off topic but seeing this makes me wonder if we have tape like this of Goff not seeing open WRs. Would also better display McVays play designs too.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Have we seen the contract yet?
I wish. Waiting for that number to see how I feel about this. Small vet type $2M or less is great for a guy to provide an occasional deep threat/decoy. But $3-4M+ is a horrible deal.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t know that many posters were pushing for either Ross or Jackson as much as they realized a deep speed option could be a real asset, while accepting that the Rams cap limitations and minimal premium draft choices resulted in just a few realistic options.

Other than Ross and Jackson, who were realistic options?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don’t know that many posters were pushing for either Ross or Jackson as much as they realized a deep speed option could be a real asset, while accepting that the Rams cap limitations and minimal premium draft choices resulted in just a few realistic options.

Oh, depending on who you ask, we should have somehow been able to sign Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Davonte Adams, etc...all the people.

Stupid Rams and their lame ass offseason.....

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We should have traded Kupp then. Played in 2 of the Rams 6 playoff games due to injury. With that history why pay him $16M per yr?

Actually that is a bigger risk than DJ, assuming this is a $2M or less deal for ONE yr.
No way am I worried about Kupp. He's an upper echelon slot WR in this league right now. He's recovered nicely from his injury in our SB year. He was simply unlucky with his injuries and is much younger too.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

I think we were all praying someone would come play for much cheaper due to wanting to compete for a SB. Reality kicked in that these guys want to get paid in the process, not that I blame em.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think we were all praying someone would come play for much cheaper due to wanting to compete for a SB. Reality kicked in that these guys want to get paid in the process, not that I blame em.
I think that does happen. Just not in the first week of free agency.