DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't need him to start,. He just needs to be a deep threat when he's on the field. I'm sure Coach Mac will draw up some special packages in addition to having him play a decoy role.
No doubt the Rams have a plan for him or they wouldn't have signed him.

~ArkyRamsFan~

I wasn’t talk
We don't need him to start,. He just needs to be a deep threat when he's on the field. I'm sure Coach Mac will draw up some special packages in addition to having him play a decoy role.
No doubt the Rams have a plan for him or they wouldn't have signed him.

~ArkyRamsFan~

I wasn’t talking about starting.
He only healthy enough to play 8 games in the past 2 seasons. Can’t be a decoy in street clothes.
Hoping for the best though.

Shuie3225

Starter
Plus what this does is allow the deep threat we draft to get up to speed while we keep Jackson healthy for five games.

There is literally no downside to this signing

Exactly. I think we draft a speed type WR 100% and DJax can help him and Jefferson develop their deep game. I dont think DJax will be returning kicks or punts, so the rookie we draft will likely be a versatile speed guy with return ability.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Gay wears the #1 and I think WR cant wear single digits anyways....
I'm thinking the #11 will be on his back

let's hope that works out better than tavon.

you know towards the end of his rookie year, my dick literally got hard every time he touched the ball. i thought he was gonna be an explosive weapon for the rams for many years.

then his second season rolled around and he was utterly useless. couldn't do shit. how does a player regress so badly?

third year he was back to his explosive best. wasn't much of a wr but boy could he make plays and score tds.

gets his big pay day before his fourth season and then after that he was utterly useless again until the rams kicked him to the kerb. so many times on outside runs you could see space there if he made a move but he always chose the sideline. used to drive me batty. mcvay couldn't wait to trade him away for a packet of chips.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Can we stop posting if highlights from 4+ years ago. This isn't the same player.

Older, injured and at this point more of just a name. Still have to respect his speed because of his history, but I'm still hoping for a vets min. deal. Anything more than 2mil+ a year will be a joke.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Older, injured and at this point more of just a name. Still have to respect his speed because of his history, but I'm still hoping for a vets min. deal. Anything more than 2mil+ a year will be a joke.

IDK @ottoman89 I believe Jackson has a few big plays left in him and playing at home could be a rejuvenation.
1616415726936.png

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
IDK @ottoman89 I believe Jackson has a few big plays left in him and playing at home could be a rejuvenation.
View attachment 44471
I'm not saying he doesn't. But it's not going to be the Desean of old. I still believe he CAN make a big play here and there, but he's long gone as a game changer.

I guess I'm just going into this with low and maybe "realistic" expectations based on last few years, his age, and injury history.

I'm obviously hoping for the absolute best!

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
2021/2022 NFL COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!

DeSean Jackson will stay healthy and prove to be the Deep Threat that the Rams and Matt Stafford sorely need!!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nobody knows the details of the contract so you can't say it's low risk. Everybody is saying this guy has a very slim chance based on his very very long history of being hurt to actually contribute in a big way. A 13 year vet who's played 16 games just twice in his entire career isn't a victim of just bad luck injuries the last two years.
Well, the little genius was all for it so he must know... We seem to trust him with even bigger decisions than this so not sure why all the angst.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
A deep threat on our IR doesn't lessen the need to draft one sorry.
We should have traded Kupp then. Played in 2 of the Rams 6 playoff games due to injury. With that history why pay him $16M per yr?

Actually that is a bigger risk than DJ, assuming this is a $2M or less deal for ONE yr.

MachS

Hall of Fame
My guy still has the juice. Should have torched the Rams for 200 early in the year. Pumped about this signing.

View: https://youtu.be/HGvewgvqDJ4

Man this is great stuff. That first release on Ramsey was nassssssty. And of course Wentz missed him wide open like 5 times, a few of those for TDs. He's playing pretty much every snap in this game which of course we wont ask him to do. That should help him stay healthy...and man if he does him and Stafford will connect on some big TDs this year. His speed is still unstoppable. Such a natural athlete and strider, he doesn't even seem like he's running hard yet he just runs right by people.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
then his second season rolled around and he was utterly useless. couldn't do shit. how does a player regress so badly?

I have said it before and I will say it again, when this happens to a player that does not have mental health issues or drugs and alcohol is not the problem, he 99% of the time got involved with a stripper.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Another weapon for the offense, how can you not like this move. Yea, I know he has been hurt some and it has probably been killing him not being able to get on the field. I'm stoked and I would bet that McVay, Jackson, and Stafford are too.

Tano

Legend
He was injured in Philly left to Washington was injured there went back to Philly was even more injured and is now 34+ with chronic injury problems. It is who he is. What he gives us is somebody who spends more time in the tub than the huddle. This signing from his history has very little chance to move the needle in 2021 unfortunately.
Washington's field is possibly one of the worst fields for getting hurt.

I keep teasing my co-workers that their favorite player on Washington is just going to get hurt

And more often than not - that's just what happens lol

That field is a mine field for injuries.

I was scared to death when the Rams play there that we were going to get 4 or more injuries on that field.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beyond everything else, this was one of the few leaks the front office has really had of late ... this was the least surprising signing in my memory. Someone here (@jrry32 ?) called this happening a long time ago. So if not a leak, there were just too many connections for this not to happen.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Sweet we have our burner now! We got Darious Williams for another year signed Stafford Floyd and Jackson. Everett Brown and Ebukam are all gone. Even though we lost JJ Brockers and Hill im feeling a lot better about the team than I did in January. Anyways go DeSean! GO Rams!