DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Hate to say it , but have to.

That’s B Funny
Man I'd be angry as hell but more so because it took forever for me to get Kupp's bone jersey. Might have just run duct tape on the back of it and write Jackson on it or something lol

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Regarding injuries... maybe it's a good thing the injuries have been "spread out" (ankle, hamstring, abdominal, Achilles) rather than just one chronic body part (knee, for example).

Desean might have been the victim of some recent bad luck.

And the Rams have been good about giving older guys some extra rest... Jackson might get Wednesdays off with Big Whit...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man I'd be angry as hell but more so because it took forever for me to get Kupp's bone jersey. Might have just run duct tape on the back of it and write Jackson on it or something lol

Right on !! Let’s just hope he takes a couple PR/KR to the House!! As The Rams say WHOSE HOUSE!!!

I believe he takes the #1 Jersey??
#18 is still open though.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Mixed feelings. Love the speed, but not so much the age and injuries. Not expecting him to contribute big and be on the field a lot.

Btw I'm betting Kupp will retain his #10. He had switched out jersey #18 to get that # and won't be giving it up to the new guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn look away from this board for a few hours and shit goes crazy lol. I miss all the good stuff. Really gonna enjoy reading the previous ten pages of you guys disemboweling each other with witty repartees but for now before I get all distracted...

What I like: this is a nice push for Jefferson. Outside guy crashes in, vet with an aggressive mindset. It's a good mix with Jefferson who could use it IMO. Competition is always good.

What I don't like: the injury history and I've always thought he was a dick tbh. But I don't know much about him so yeah.

What I think: McVay will get the most from Jackson. It will be a pride thing for him to show well we're gonna get his all.
Speaking of people who attempt to be witty how you doing?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sounds like he's super pumped to meet his boys again.

I hope there's a condition in the contract that he can't go to gang meetings.

TexasRam

Legend
We just need Jackson healthy come playoffs. I mean let’s get real here.

At 34 we need a few big plays at critical moments.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's with this clown's snide remark about Van Jefferson amounting to little as a rookie. He was a ROOKIE that had to compete with three veterans for playing time. What did this moron expect?

While I am cautiously optimistic about the D. Jax signing I see no reason to dump on Van Jefferson in the process, and I hope V. Jeff breaks out this year and shoves the Bozo's comments where they belong.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Remember anything you see from rotoworld is their opinion. The bolded is the factual part and everything below is an opinion from the nimrods that work there.

Rotoworld has become nbc sports edge. And we all know what kind of Fuckwits work there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Low risk, high reward. I believe someone said it also doesn't affect comp picks. Gives us more draft flexibility.

Kind of thing a winning organization does.
Can't help but think McVay has a plan to use him as a VERY successful scheme specific player.
Also worth emphasizing again the McVay connection from three years together in Washington:
Our offense has also been lacking swagger lately, this will help.

This summarizes my take.

Low risk.

Sets plays up for Kupp and Woods, and can play right away.

Adds swagger, which is going to be interesting with Stafford doing the same.

Only downside appears injury risk. Anyone we sign comes with that concern, particularly over 30. The other risk could be his influence on Jefferson, but could just as equally be a positive.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This summarizes my take.

Low risk.

Sets plays up for Kupp and Woods, and can play right away.

Adds swagger, which is going to be interesting with Stafford doing the same.

Only downside appears injury risk. Anyone we sign comes with that concern, particularly over 30. The other risk could be his influence on Jefferson, but could just as equally be a positive.

what about as a PR/KR man ?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
What is he, a hundred? He better be cheap. This is a bandaid—of which he usually needs many.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We still draft a deep threat if one falls to us in any round, but now its slightly less of a need. Most teams carry 6 WRs anyway.

Plus what this does is allow the deep threat we draft to get up to speed while we keep Jackson healthy for five games.

There is literally no downside to this signing