DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Anybody know if his injuries have been of the "various nagging" type or serious stuff like knees or back?

MachS

Hall of Fame
Really like this signing with a limited role in mind. Those hamstrings will respond better in the warmer climate and he'll be monitored by one of the best trainers in the league, Reggie Scott.

Bingo. Soft tissue injuries hate the freezing cold. Do people realize he's from LA and went to Long Beach Poly HS before going to Cal? He's coming home. He's going to be rejuvenated mentally, physically, and we know how great our training staff is. We also know how amazing McVay is at taking care of veteran players with days off, limited snaps, rest, recovery, etc. The pessimistic tone around this is very surprising. He is arguably the greatest deep threat WR ever and still fast as ever.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Anybody know if his injuries have been of the "various nagging" type or serious stuff like knees or back?

It been mostly hamstring if I remember correctly and an ankle last year. A few years back he had a core or abdominal injury. But nothing with his knees. He came back week 16 last year vs Dallas and caught an 81yrd TD. So its not like he's hurt at this very moment, he's fully healthy and ready to roll.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Doesn't really move the needle but I'll be surprised if he's healthy for even half the season.
Well, the Eagles have been hard hit with soft tissue injuries for the last several yrs. In Philly there has been questions about their medical staff.

The Rams have been pretty good at preventing those type of injuries. So maybe they can do a better job of keeping him on the field.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Bingo. Soft tissue injuries hate the freezing cold. Do people realize he's from LA and went to Long Beach Poly HS before going to Cal? He's coming home. He's going to be rejuvenated mentally, physically, and we know how great our training staff is. We also know how amazing McVay is at taking care of veteran players with days off, limited snaps, rest, recovery, etc. The pessimistic tone around this is very surprising. He is arguably the greatest deep threat WR ever and still fast as ever.
I guess us skeptical ones wanna see him play a majority of the season injury free because of his injury history the last 2 years are concerning. There is no guarantees one way or the other. He is not arguably the greatest deep threat ever. He's not better than say Randy Moss, but he's definitely a very good one so don't think I'm dismissing him because I'm not.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the Eagles have been hard hit with soft tissue injuries for the last several yrs. In Philly there has been questions about their medical staff.

The Rams have been pretty good at preventing those type of injuries. So maybe they can do a better job of keeping him on the field.
So the city will change the injury prone player got it.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
[QUOTE="wolfdogg, post: 1445473, member:

Sportsinjurypredictor.com has Jackson at a 99% chance of injury and missing 12.6 games this season.

[/QUOTE]
Wow, somebody better tell McVay to rescind the signing asap (unless Nostradamus has a more favorable prediction.)

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So the city will change the injury prone player got it.
No, but a training staff could possibly implement a better training regiment to prevent non contact soft tissue injuries that have plagued him.

I mean that is not out of the question especially comparing the history of both teams medical/ injury issues.

And I realize he is succeptible, but this is a low risk high reward move. They will still draft a speed guy who will be very raw, which is why a speed type WR will be available in round 4. However, DJ gives you a vet that can fill that role maybe until a rookie can step up by mid season or late in the yr.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, but a training staff could possibly implement a better training regiment to prevent non contact soft tissue injuries that have plagued him.

I mean that is not out of the question especially comparing the history of both teams medical/ injury issues.

And I realize he is succeptible, but this is a low risk high reward move. They will still draft a speed guy who will be very raw, which is why a speed type WR will be available in round 4. However, DJ gives you a vet that can fill that role maybe until a rookie can step up by mid season or late in the yr.
He was injured in Philly left to Washington was injured there went back to Philly was even more injured and is now 34+ with chronic injury problems. It is who he is. What he gives us is somebody who spends more time in the tub than the huddle. This signing from his history has very little chance to move the needle in 2021 unfortunately.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He was injured in Philly left to Washington was injured there went back to Philly was even more injured and is now 34+ with chronic injury problems. It is who he is. What he gives us is somebody who spends more time in the tub than the huddle. This signing from his history has very little chance to move the needle in 2021 unfortunately.
Just say'in the last two yrs were where he had the worst issues. And no one is saying he is Lou Gehrig, but his recent issues may have been preventable. Again it is low risk...not sure what the problem is or downside risk is on a one yr cheap deal.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

We still draft a deep threat if one falls to us in any round, but now its slightly less of a need. Most teams carry 6 WRs anyway.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I guess us skeptical ones wanna see him play a majority of the season injury free because of his injury history the last 2 years are concerning. There is no guarantees one way or the other. He is not arguably the greatest deep threat ever. He's not better than say Randy Moss, but he's definitely a very good one so don't think I'm dismissing him because I'm not.

Nah you're just a negative Nancy it's easy to see. You've already posted 20 times in this thread about how you don't like the move. Trust me we get it. I look forward to seeing DJax on the field for the Rams this year. It's a no-brainer low risk move for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just say'in the last two yrs were where he had the worst issues. And no one is saying he is Lou Gehrig, but his recent issues may have been preventable. Again it is low risk...not sure what the problem is or downside risk is on a one yr cheap deal.

Nobody knows the details of the contract so you can't say it's low risk. Everybody is saying this guy has a very slim chance based on his very very long history of being hurt to actually contribute in a big way. A 13 year vet who's played 16 games just twice in his entire career isn't a victim of just bad luck injuries the last two years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kupp better not give that up, I just bought his jersey last year too :shock:

Hate to say it , but have to.

That’s B Funny

A deep threat on our IR doesn't lessen the need to draft one sorry.

Didn’t mean to post this,but again have to say it.

LBC BABY!!!! Ganster !! ThatbS””T be real.DJ taken it 2THE-crib baby!! Yo Yo
— Got Wood baby!! IngleWOOD Homies!! Yo WHO’s wearin #1 . WE#1

DJ is The Man!! CALI BABY — Go Bears-F” The Bruins. SC baby!! You know it.
This S””T Be Tight Mo Fo’s!! DJ is serious he Ain’t playin.

Followed DJ from POLY DAYS -Snoop Dog!! He’s a Real Cali KID!! I’ll say as a DJ Fan I’ve always been a little butt hurt. But as people from No Cal say!!
F” Pete Carroll !!!! I go back to the underArmor game when he caught a TD from Mark Sanchez From Mission Viejo HS.The year before Tim Tebow.

I think #1 Jersey is fittin him as a Ram.Just a guess.No matter what DJ will always be EXPLOSIVE as a PR &
Sean Mcvay knows it. I don’t know if anyone’s run a PR back at SOFI? My prediction is DJ will.

DJ#1 played at Cal & wanted to play baseball.He was all set to announce going to USC because of the LB Poly connection.. He went on Fox Sports to Announce,but it got leak & he went with his heart & has paved his own way.I think his dad hated The Rams & was a Steelers Fan when they played in The SuperBowl? His dad diying had an effect on him.I’m not sure about his personal that deep though.

When he was drafted by The Eagles Spags & Billy Devaney were all about there Pillar BS.Horrible Drafting.The Rams took Donnie Avery instead of DJ.
The rumor was because BD thought he was Ganster. Yeah- the Crips were big back in the Day.Poly has always been associated with that though in its own way.Doesn’t mean he was a Bad Kid.Dude has that natural speed & veteran skill. Sort of reminds me of that draft with Brian Quick cap AlShon Jeffery to Philly.

Robert Woods grew up the 710fwy. I saw his mom talk about living walking distance from Cal State Dominguez though. Just know he was a local kid that went to SC.
Point being Mcvay has made respect & I’m sure Robert Woods does as well being a Kid that dreamed to be a local kid making it to The NFL.
Just glad in the sense Mcvay is bringing in a Veteran that he & Wes know from there Redskins Days.When Mcvay signed as The Rams HC was there a bigger supporter of Sean Mcvay!!!
I have to say it’s been a ling time coming & hoping 4 A Happy Ending.
For Now though just a New Beginning.

Cheers with A Fantasy Natty Lite

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn look away from this board for a few hours and shit goes crazy lol. I miss all the good stuff. Really gonna enjoy reading the previous ten pages of you guys disemboweling each other with witty repartees but for now before I get all distracted...

What I like: this is a nice push for Jefferson. Outside guy crashes in, vet with an aggressive mindset. It's a good mix with Jefferson who could use it IMO. Competition is always good.

What I don't like: the injury history and I've always thought he was a dick tbh. But I don't know much about him so yeah.

What I think: McVay will get the most from Jackson. It will be a pride thing for him to show well we're gonna get his all.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nah you're just a negative Nancy it's easy to see. You've already posted 20 times in this thread about how you don't like the move. Trust me we get it. I look forward to seeing DJax on the field for the Rams this year. It's a no-brainer low risk move for us.
You see negative, I just see me stating my opinion earlier about the signing. Yes I've posted multiple times cuz I like talking about Rams stuff regardless of the topic. I also love the exchanges back and forth to hear what others think regardless of whether we agree or not. Either way, none of this changes the fact that the Rams signed him and like I've said multiple times, he's a Ram so I'm rooting for him. At this point, I was just basically explaining the thought process of us skeptical ones based on actual facts regarding him being injured. Don't know how many times I have to keep saying I hope signing him pays off and he stays healthy. Not sure how that comes off negative. I guess some folks don't like it when you don't agree with them about something. I call it conversation if you don't agree with me vs saying, nah your a negative nancy.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn look away from this board for a few hours and shit goes crazy lol. I miss all the good stuff. Really gonna enjoy reading the previous ten pages of you guys disemboweling each other with witty repartees but for now before I get all distracted...

What I like: this is a nice push for Jefferson. Outside guy crashes in, vet with an aggressive mindset. It's a good mix with Jefferson who could use it IMO. Competition is always good.

What I don't like: the injury history and I've always thought he was a dick tbh. But I don't know much about him so yeah.

What I think: McVay will get the most from Jackson. It will be a pride thing for him to show well we're gonna get his all.
homer