Derion Kendrick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Pretty sure the hyperbole is obvious but Spoon is bad have you watched tonight? Pretty sure the Saints are perfect when targeting Spoon. He is not nearly as good as some thing he is.
I don't know who thinks what. But Spoon is best CB. I don't know everyone's humor yet. But Spoon? He's no All-Pro, not going to Pro Bowl and yes he got beat. I would like to know why there was no safety over the top---just like I tried to mitigate Kendrick by questioning if Fuller was robbing on those last Sunday.

Looks like he was on that play. If if it was TRIX call or not makes a difference or if there was and it should have been called off...there is so much we don't know.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know who thinks what. But Spoon is best CB. I don't know everyone's humor yet. But Spoon? He's no All-Pro, not going to Pro Bowl and yes he got beat. I would like to know why there was no safety over the top---just like I tried to mitigate Kendrick by questioning if Fuller was robbing on those last Sunday.

Looks like he was on that play. If if it was TRIX call or not makes a difference or if there was and it should have been called off...there is so much we don't know.
Sorry but other CB's get roasted for the over the top help not being there, yes our safeties especially Fuller are garbage too. But I will never ever say Spoon is anything other than just another guy. He's not a good CB, his career is a mirror year after year after year. A few good games then a long string of bad games. He's been beaten all night and for several weeks in a row. He's been a vet in a very young secondary. I thank him for that. But we're better off with a different pair of CB starting next year and DK/Durant as #3/#4. Spoon is not good.

Ellard80

Legend
Sorry but other CB's get roasted for the over the top help not being there, yes our safeties especially Fuller are garbage too. But I will never ever say Spoon is anything other than just another guy. He's not a good CB, his career is a mirror year after year after year. A few good games then a long string of bad games. He's been beaten all night and for several weeks in a row. He's been a vet in a very young secondary. I thank him for that. But we're better off with a different pair of CB starting next year and DK/Durant as #3/#4. Spoon is not good.
fuller has not been great for sure.

Every corner gets beat deep sometimes.. but i have seen Spoon break up 3 or 4 deep passes against him.

On the TD Spoon was playing trailer tech - he thought he had help over the top

But instead, Fuller jumped a route that was already double covered.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
This is too complex a discussion to happen during a game, at least for me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I got hosed out of watching first half.. Durant has been getting the snaps opposite Witherspoon, correct?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I got hosed out of watching first half.. Durant has been getting the snaps opposite Witherspoon, correct?
Yes, he's been the field corner

Kendrick is getting a series now -- first of the game. Last week Durant got two series before Spoon went down.
Edit: postgame ... Durant back, as you saw, gave up the TD. Good coverage, physical mismatch

Could be example of why they have gone Kencrick most of the time. Slow but not small. Durant, small but has some speed. Neither one is what you want. Durant has value in the slot vs some matchups, I think.

It's what some of us have been saying --- Rams need to upgrade CB next year. I hope they use a top 3 pick on one.

Bottom line, is Kendrick was benched. Durant got the start ... results? getting burned once vs twice? Guessing Kendrick will show maybe 7 snaps tonight with Durant around 50.

View: https://x.com/53_jim70721/status/1738046804417986993?s=20

Last edited:

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Witherspoon and Durant were both terrible tonight.
But the benched guy would have been better, I suppose?

The Grinch Vintage GIF by The Good Films

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I guess we're ignoring the blatant OPI on the play?
Are we all Refs now?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Durant wasn't too bad. At least if he was I missed it. That TD was some bullshit. It's still his fault, just the fact he let that WR manhandle him out of the play and make the catch when he was in front of him and should have had the INT.

But what that play shows is why I like Durant. He's sticky in coverage. And he plays the ball.

Can the Rams get his balls to drop? No idea. And it fucking pisses me off man.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
No sense in arguing who should play it is more a question of how many players we need to upgrade in the secondary for next season. This season it is pick your poison, If only we could combine Durant & Kendrick into a headier physical corner.

Ellard80

Legend
Witherspoon and Durant were both terrible tonight. Lake was incredible inside and kept things under control.

Durant did get beat on the TD.... but that was the only time I saw him get beat all game.

Witherspoon got fucked because he was playing underneath coverage and Fuller jumped another route.

Nice try tho

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Durant actually had really good coverage and position on the WR. The refs missed that obvious OPI call. Expected

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
This season it is pick your poison, If only we could combine Durant & Kendrick into a headier physical corner.
SUms up my point. Durant has the speed but got bodied by a big WR. He was there ... OPI call or no OPI call he's going to
be physically outmatched at times. Kendrick, whether get gets is penalty propensities out or the way or not, is always going to have mismatches based on speed.

Physical qualities matter and Kendrick has a deficit in speed, Durant in size. Durant has value inside or outside. Kendrick -- I have a hard time seeing a lot of upside. I have said I don't hate the guy or even blame him for the JFK assassination but we need to upgrade CB position.

Maybe THT is the guy ... maybe a more physical Durant type .. .I just have not seen him play enough to know what he is.

Hoping we use a premium pick for a CB, a high pick -- -maybe not a first unless an elite guy is there better than any edge or whatever, but at least a 2nd or a 3rd

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
SUms up my point. Durant has the speed but got bodied by a big WR. He was there ... OPI call or no OPI call he's going to
be physically outmatched at times. Kendrick, whether get gets is penalty propensities out or the way or not, is always going to have mismatches based on speed.

Physical qualities matter and Kendrick has a deficit in speed, Durant in size. Durant has value inside or outside. Kendrick -- I have a hard time seeing a lot of upside. I have said I don't hate the guy or even blame him for the JFK assassination but we need to upgrade CB position.

Maybe THT is the guy ... maybe a more physical Durant type .. .I just have not seen him play enough to know what he is.

Hoping we use a premium pick for a CB, a high pick -- -maybe not a first unless an elite guy is there better than any edge or whatever, but at least a 2nd or a 3rd
I'm really starting to think they don't need to go with an LT in the first.
If that's the case.. I hope they trade back a few times.
If they could get up to six picks in the first 100 players, I'd be thrilled. They may end up with 4, as it is.. if Raheem gets a job.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Agree!
I want a CB with a premium pick or a quality starting CB through FA, I don't remember at the moment which FA's could be available.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
o safety over the top---just like I tried to mitigate Kendrick by questioning if Fuller was robbing on those last Sunday.

Week after week, it has become concerning, and I am surprised Rah hasn't corrected it.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Through free agency and and high round draft picks the secondary must be a point of emphasis for the Rams this coming offseason.