Derion Kendrick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Like I said before...everyone in the secondary gets a pass when they screw up but Kendricks. Perhaps deservedly so because his penalries come at the most inopportune times.
I have been hard on Fuller. And Johnson. Kendrick isn't yet mature. Doesn't get it ... just too much of the things that hurt the team when he needn't do it.

I don't hate the guy -- hope he plays well. But he's been benched already for his errors, more that once, I think. Durant got dinged or didn't do as well ... so neither is perfect field corner at this point.

But having the most penalties by a Rams CB in a decade says a lot. And there are three games to go. Someone needs to tell him he's not the show. I think he's been a dog on his own hunt.

The good part is ANYONE can change. He can if he wants to. Eventually Incognito changed --- after he was cut. Kendrick is not a penalty-prone as he is ... but Cogs was better player when healthy.

Besides --- even if he's getting too much criticism from fans, wanting to replace him next year is no sin. Upgrading all all positions is what we want. For me, for him --- sooner rather than later.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
I have been hard on Fuller. And Johnson. Kendrick isn't yet mature. Doesn't get it ... just too much of the things that hurt the team when he needn't do it.

I don't hate the guy -- hope he plays well. But he's been benched already for his errors, more that once, I think. Durant got dinged or didn't do as well ... so neither is perfect field corner at this point.

But having the most penalties by a Rams CB in a decade says a lot. And there are three games to go. Someone needs to tell him he's not the show. I think he's been a dog on his own hunt.

The good part is ANYONE can change. He can if he wants to. Eventually Incognito changed --- after he was cut. Kendrick is not a penalty-prone as he is ... but Cogs was better player when healthy.

Besides --- even if he's getting too much criticism from fans, wanting to replace him next year is no sin. Upgrading all all positions is what we want. For me, for him --- sooner rather than later.

The penalties are blown so out of proportion. Cumulatively, Kendrick's 5 PI penalites were for a whopping 46 yards.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If Witherspoon is good to go, I wouldn’t be shocked if Durant got the start.
It isn't about starting, they have both been getting snaps and at times together. I expect an adjustment because Rah adjusts but no dramatic changes in percentage of snaps played barring in game occurrences.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
The penalties are blown so out of proportion. Cumulatively, Kendrick's 5 PI penalites were for a whopping 46 yards.

It's not just DPI --- 11 penalties is a lot. The one declined was a TD. All have given up a first down.

So, if people are blowing it out of proportion what is the right purportion? Let's use what you think should me compared to so as to put in into proper perspective.

He tops or near in the NFL in penalties, it's the most by a Rams in about a decade...

I tried to put it into perspective because when a team wants a play down the field, not just short passes, they go after him. He's the best bet. So, IMO, he needs to be replaced by a better player. I also say that player is not currently on the roster. THT may be that guy next year, I don't know.

2023-12-21_17-31-26.jpg

InfiniteRam

Rookie
It's not just DPI --- 11 penalties is a lot. The one declined was a TD. All have given up a first down.

So, if people are blowing it out of proportion what is the right purportion? Let's use what you think should me compared to so as to put in into proper perspective.

He tops or near in the NFL in penalties, it's the most by a Rams in about a decade...

I tried to put it into perspective because when a team wants a play down the field, not just short passes, they go after him. He's the best bet. So, IMO, he needs to be replaced by a better player. I also say that player is not currently on the roster. THT may be that guy next year, I don't know.

View attachment 63091
Less than 7 yards per game in penalties .....

If it was so easy to "go after him", teams would be throwing at him all game long.

Ellard80

Legend
3 or 4 occurred in the endzone and gifted the other team a touchdown.

Also he is 2nd in the NFL om penalty yardage.

Sorry, my ram's bro but this is a bad thread of reasoning.

Ellard80

Legend
It's a perfectly valid take. 2 occured in the end zone. The one against DK Metcalf was NOT PI.
i dont care if they were 100 yard penalties.

When they give the team the ball at the 1 yard line it may be the absolute worse penalty anyone could get.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
expecting my Cornerback not to be the #1 most penalized DB in the NFL.

That's a legitimate criticism but it's all part of a young corner. Jalen had 8 and had a rep but no one cared.

He's done a lot of good too. And againt certainly bot enough to be shat on day in and out.

Nope was down on him all year. He is too slow. Then the boneheaded penalties. But the last couple games Ravens and Browns were thinking he was playing better, then back to same routine vs Washington. I am not a fan, nope. Seen too much negative from him.

It's all part of developing.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
i dont care if they were 100 yard penalties.

When they give the team the ball at the 1 yard line it may be the absolute worse penalty anyone could get.

These penalties happen .... all the time. To players at all levels, all across the league.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Less than 7 yards per game in penalties .....

If it was so easy to "go after him", teams would be throwing at him all game long.
Seems like you are getting close to getting dug into a position. I think you should respond to the context ... the purporting that you were claiming was not applied.

You said blown out of purporting. I gave you facts comparing him vs the NFL and vs other Rams in the past decade.

So you counter with 7 yards per game without giving any context.

Spoon? 0.4 yards per game.

So, is 7 yards a game supposed to be good? I say it's out of context. Minimizing the purporting to fit your position.

Am I wrong?

You cannot have it both ways. You cannot say the stats are out of context then reply with something out of context.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
These penalties happen .... all the time. To players at all levels, all across the league.
The point is they happen with Kendrick more than other players across the league. That is the context.
And my point is SOME of them are avoidable.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
New Handle?
Yes, I posted why I changed it earlier today. So as to match by Twitter account and other board I post on. I should have done it at first, but there is a limit in characters and the full name on my Twitter wouldn't fit. So I just threw my name in there, then realized I should have shortned it, but you have to wait a month before you can change.

So, that's why

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is this a serious comment?
Pretty sure the hyperbole is obvious but Spoon is bad have you watched tonight? Pretty sure the Saints are perfect when targeting Spoon. He is not nearly as good as some thing he is.