Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't see the same depth problems as some do. No team is two deep everywhere and the Rams keep developing young players to step up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/...-to-day-nt-mike-purcell-likely-out-for-week-8

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After suffering an ankle sprain on Thursday against the Browns, outside linebacker Von Miller is "day to day" ahead of Sunday's game vs. Washington, Head Coach Vic Fangio announced.
Miller did not practice on Tuesday as the Broncos returned to the field.

Nose tackle Mike Purcell (thumb) also did not practice on Tuesday, and Fangio said Purcell will "probably not" play against Washington. If Purcell is unavailable, DeShawn Williams would replace him in the lineup, according to Fangio.
Outside linebacker Malik Reed also did not participate during the media-viewing period, and tackle Garett Bolles exited the field with a trainer after the stretching period.
The Broncos could regain inside linebacker Baron Browning, who missed Week 7 while in the concussion protocol. Fangio said Browning had cleared the protocol but needed to have "a good practice" on Tuesday as a final step. Browning participated on Tuesday, as did wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, tight end Albert Okwuegbunam, linebacker Jonas Griffith and outside linebacker Aaron Patrick.
Fangio said Browning would need to play a big role for the Broncos at inside linebacker with the injuries the team has suffered.
"As you guys know his story, he's missed a lot of time through various injuries," Fangio said. "But it's time for him to step up."
Fangio said he expected quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who battled injuries last week, to be a full participant in practice ahead of Week 8.
The Broncos will release official practice designations beginning on Wednesday.

Miller was inactive yesterday.
I have to wonder if they held him out of that game and preceding practice because of an impending trade?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My son just told me he is the highest rated edge this yr with a 90 pff rating. For whatever that's worth.
Really? Odd because I watched Denver a little bit a week or two ago and the announcer read a quote from him saying he has to play better and something about the team needing him to step up.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
On passing downs this week... the Rams can rush 4.. put Jalen on Julio and bracket AJ using Williams or Rochell.
Good luck, Titans.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
At Reeder's spot. We could have a package that's Lewis - Jones - Floyd - Miller.

Last week, there was a Jones - Rapp - Ramsey package, so it's not improbable. I think it was the play that Jones got the INT.

Some EDGE guys have moved inside before. Didn't Will Witherspoon do that for us?
Expect the Rams to load up the best rushers on expected passing downs.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hollins on IR right now clutching his 58 jersey... Big payoff ahead for that he might get a new car out of the deal.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Seriously am I the only one that thinks there is another trade besides a possible DJ trade coming for a corner? I don't think you make a move like this to just carry cap. I said it before this trade and now I definitely think. I think they may add a CB or a safety like Maye. Maye would be a huge impact now moreso with what we got going on upfront.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Seriously am I the only one that thinks there is another trade besides a possible DJ trade coming for a corner? I don't think you make a move like this to just carry cap. I said it before this trade and now I definitely think. I think they may add a CB or a safety like Maye. Maye would be a huge impact now moreso with what we got going on upfront.
Not counting anything out. Including having the money available to pick someone up by dropping DJax. Some vets will be cut loose.. just remains to be seen if there are any that would help.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I mean.. he'd just be loaning it out until next season...
I wouldn't rule out the Rams keeping Von for a few more years Kupped. Rams do what they want. If Von plays well which is likely I am sure the Rams will do what they can to fiddlefuck cap around to fit him and guys should be coming off iirc.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Now for the important issue…what will his jersey # be?

Terrell Lewis has #58.

Maybe he goes with his college #40?

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It's beyond improbable. It would be utter malpractice, for many, many reasons.
Also, the Rams have their solutions at ILB. There's a consistent thread there about how they view the position and moving a premier pass rusher to play Ilb wouldn't fit into that.
Not every down, just select packages to mix things. I was just thinking outside the box. Ramsey is a premier shutdown corner but he's playing star. You never know.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The trade compensation will not be an issue if....

They can re-sign Corbett, Noteboom, and Allen.

Otherwise those picks would likely have been needed for their positions/OL depth.

If those guys get 2nd contracts, then were good. Still have a 3rd & 4th to get CB depth and plug a hole elsewhere.

I have confidence they can continue to develop mid rounders to play key roles on the team. So if they continue that they will be fine and they just improved their chance's this yr when they face 2 of the four elite offenses in this conference.

And he is perfect to deal with the Cards & Murray.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I wouldn't rule out the Rams keeping Von for a few more years Kupped. Rams do what they want. If Von plays well which is likely I am sure the Rams will do what they can to fiddlefuck cap around to fit him and guys should be coming off iirc.
True!
They’ll likely have Whit coming off and have the Stafford deal to play with next year. Who know what other tricks they’ll pull in the Donald/Stafford window?