Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So I wonder what Jourdan and Rich are going to talk about on the 11 Personnel Podcast ... any ideas?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He isn't costing us cap room it appears. We sold our picks and got Miller in return. They picked up his salary outside of the minimum.

But yeah, I dont care for it, but I get it. If it was for 3rd & 4th I could take it better.

Then again is he worth an Atwell and Earnest Jones...even if its for one yr?
Yeah, likely worth an Atwell a few times over.

I’ve warmed to the trade after reading your and @CGI replies.

I guess the shock factor of “Not at all what I or many expected” had to wear off.

Will it be easier for him to breath ay a lower altitude despite the Smog?

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
The trade compensation will not be an issue if....

They can re-sign Corbett, Noteboom, and Allen.

Otherwise those picks would likely have been needed for their positions/OL depth.

If those guys get 2nd contracts, then were good. Still have a 3rd & 4th to get CB depth and plug a hole elsewhere.

I have confidence they can continue to develop mid rounders to play key roles on the team. So if they continue that they will be fine and they just improved their chance's this yr when they face 2 of the four elite offenses in this conference.

And he is perfect to deal with the Cards & Murray.
Key FAs: Offense, Corbett, Allen and Boom. I believe these guys will be relatively affordable. Defense, SJD, D Williams, Von Miller

TXRams86

The Infamous
To those of you complaining about the draft capital we sent: how can you be mad trading the two picks for a proven player like Von Miller when the draft is such a crap shoot. I seriously don’t get it.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I don't see the same depth problems as some do. No team is two deep everywhere and the Rams keep developing young players to step up.
Exactly. In the NFL, if you have a really good 2nd team, then your first team isn’t very good. Those are teams that are not elite. You can’t be like Alabama with good players everywhere backing up studs everywhere.
The key is having your few studs be elite and heathy….while developing adequate role players & backups.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
D’oh!!!

Hollins is 58, not Lewis ….maybe he wants to sell the number?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wonder if Von or Floyd can play inside some so Rapp isn't in the box on running downs.
I think that Floyd can play any of the LB'ing posts plus he can play both DE's posts too.

He is still our best OLB'er even with Von coming to the dance!

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously am I the only one that thinks there is another trade besides a possible DJ trade coming for a corner? I don't think you make a move like this to just carry cap. I said it before this trade and now I definitely think. I think they may add a CB or a safety like Maye. Maye would be a huge impact now moreso with what we got going on upfront.

Possibly.

But this offensive line is nuts.

So if we do carry over that cap and then extend Stafford after the season, we might end up with enough money to re-sign all three offensive linemen AND Von Miller.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Like I've said in other posts, you can never have too many pass rushers... and we know we need to hit Murray a lot. I love it... LOVE IT!!!!
It is the only sure way to beat good QBs. Hit em.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
True!
They’ll likely have Whit coming off and have the Stafford deal to play with next year. Who know what other tricks they’ll pull in the Donald/Stafford window?
I have them with about $30-33M to play with.

Whit saves $13M, a Stafford restructure could net another $7-8M, Robinson can be designated a post June 1st cut or traded and save around $8M. And they will likely be able to carry over a few million on top of the $5-6M they are projected to have as of now.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Not counting anything out. Including having the money available to pick someone up by dropping DJax. Some vets will be cut loose.. just remains to be seen if there are any that would help.

They aren't paying for Miller's contract this year they paid in picks so whatever room we were making with Havs restructuring and Kenny Young trade and possible DJ trade that money most of it will still be there and I think it's about 5-7 million????? But at least 5.

Ram65

Legend
Getting Von Miller should jump the defense up at least one notch maybe two or three notches.

I felt the pass rush was not as good as the sack numbers showed. Miller will add pressure that the Rams need. He doesn't need big sack numbers but, that would help. I wrote in the sack thread that if teams contain AD the Rams don't get enough pressure. I had a feeling this would be the move.

LOL, I hated Snead giving away all the picks in the past for Ramsey. Now, we add Miller after Stafford and trade more picks. It's a gamble that I think makes sense. A rejuvenated Von Miller along with AD and Floyd will have opposing offensive coordinators up all night!!!!!! Look for some more stunts and five-man rushes mixed in that will get QB pressures. This leads to mistakes and poor throws. This will help a weaker secondary.

This will take some fun out of the draft and hurt the near future. I give the trade a big thumbs up :thumbsup1:. Getting big pressure on QBs like Brady, Rodgers and Murray can not be underestimated.

I know saying a player like Miller will help a young player gets overused. In this case I really think T Lewis will get some value watching and being around Miller. He will actually pump up the entire Rams team.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For Hollins - don't forget that he was an ILB/OLB hybrid.

So our playoff defense might include having him at ILB.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Seriously am I the only one that thinks there is another trade besides a possible DJ trade coming for a corner? I don't think you make a move like this to just carry cap. I said it before this trade and now I definitely think. I think they may add a CB or a safety like Maye. Maye would be a huge impact now moreso with what we got going on upfront.
I think so too. VM hardly cost anything in cap space. Not sure what position it could be though corner is definitely possible. Maybe tight end.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 2nd and 3rd is NOTHING here. It allows our scouts to narrow their focus as well and we've drafted well on day 3