Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Donald & Floyd might end up playing on the same side if von Miller gets parked in his regular playing post.

Ram's defensive front five would now be without question the best in the NFL.

Guess this might solve Snead's serious defensive secondary issues if the QB is on his back in less than 2 seconds.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coulda swore he got nicked up a couple weeks ago. Announcers were all "this can't be good." Guess it was nothing.
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/...-to-day-nt-mike-purcell-likely-out-for-week-8

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After suffering an ankle sprain on Thursday against the Browns, outside linebacker Von Miller is "day to day" ahead of Sunday's game vs. Washington, Head Coach Vic Fangio announced.
Miller did not practice on Tuesday as the Broncos returned to the field.

Nose tackle Mike Purcell (thumb) also did not practice on Tuesday, and Fangio said Purcell will "probably not" play against Washington. If Purcell is unavailable, DeShawn Williams would replace him in the lineup, according to Fangio.
Outside linebacker Malik Reed also did not participate during the media-viewing period, and tackle Garett Bolles exited the field with a trainer after the stretching period.
The Broncos could regain inside linebacker Baron Browning, who missed Week 7 while in the concussion protocol. Fangio said Browning had cleared the protocol but needed to have "a good practice" on Tuesday as a final step. Browning participated on Tuesday, as did wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, tight end Albert Okwuegbunam, linebacker Jonas Griffith and outside linebacker Aaron Patrick.
Fangio said Browning would need to play a big role for the Broncos at inside linebacker with the injuries the team has suffered.
"As you guys know his story, he's missed a lot of time through various injuries," Fangio said. "But it's time for him to step up."
Fangio said he expected quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who battled injuries last week, to be a full participant in practice ahead of Week 8.
The Broncos will release official practice designations beginning on Wednesday.

Miller was inactive yesterday.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The biggest challengers to the Rams in the NFC are Arizona, Green Bay and Tampa.
Being able to rush four is critical.
Hitting Murray.. a lot.. is critical.
I don't know how anyone could be lukewarm with this, especially with the Rams recent history.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

the big lebowski whatever GIF by The Good Films

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Vob Miller baby!!!!!

Q729

Legend
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/...-to-day-nt-mike-purcell-likely-out-for-week-8

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — After suffering an ankle sprain on Thursday against the Browns, outside linebacker Von Miller is "day to day" ahead of Sunday's game vs. Washington, Head Coach Vic Fangio announced.
Miller did not practice on Tuesday as the Broncos returned to the field.

Nose tackle Mike Purcell (thumb) also did not practice on Tuesday, and Fangio said Purcell will "probably not" play against Washington. If Purcell is unavailable, DeShawn Williams would replace him in the lineup, according to Fangio.
Outside linebacker Malik Reed also did not participate during the media-viewing period, and tackle Garett Bolles exited the field with a trainer after the stretching period.
The Broncos could regain inside linebacker Baron Browning, who missed Week 7 while in the concussion protocol. Fangio said Browning had cleared the protocol but needed to have "a good practice" on Tuesday as a final step. Browning participated on Tuesday, as did wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, tight end Albert Okwuegbunam, linebacker Jonas Griffith and outside linebacker Aaron Patrick.
Fangio said Browning would need to play a big role for the Broncos at inside linebacker with the injuries the team has suffered.
"As you guys know his story, he's missed a lot of time through various injuries," Fangio said. "But it's time for him to step up."
Fangio said he expected quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who battled injuries last week, to be a full participant in practice ahead of Week 8.
The Broncos will release official practice designations beginning on Wednesday.

Miller was inactive yesterday.
Thought so. Thanks for that. I guess no one is concerned about it!
:effifiknow:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We still have 8 draft picks for next year too. That's pretty crazy.

Allen, SJD, Edwards, Gaines, Fuller - know what they all have in common? They were drafted within the range of picks that we still have.

So this is crazy....

If we don't make another move save for trading DJax, we will roll over money for next year in an attempt to re-sign a bunch of players. OR we make another move and get even better for this year. I LOVE this front office.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Remember back when hitting the trade deadline was just another day and nothing ever happened?

As we approached 3 of the last 4, we acquired Dante Fowler, Jalen Ramsey, and now Von Miller.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Looks like they are paying his salary.... Basically buying our picks.

How does it cost us FAs unless we sign him to an extension? Also, does he get us a comp pick if he signs elsewhere? Asking since I have no clue.
I didn't know he was in the last year of his contract when I made the comment but I am anticipating an extension instead of a 1 year rental. Maybe his is, and we we'll get a comp pick for him, but if he's resigned we'll lose some of those guys to FA if it's a big contract.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thought so. Thanks for that. I guess no one is concerned about it!
:effifiknow:
Yes, there has been an injury problem with Von's ankle injury was a dislocated peroneal tendon last season when he was placed on the injured reserve for the season. Not sure if this recent ankle injury is to the same ankle.

Rams are sure to want to let Von heal up till after the bye to ensure that Von can actually play the rest of this season.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I'm unsure too. On the surface I am stoked. Great player. Awesome addition to 2021. If it puts us over the top, I guess it's hard to argue the price.

But... we hope to make another run at it in 2022... Where does he Miller fit in that? That's when the 2nd and 3rd rounder will be missed.
It's total WIN NOW mode. Rams and Kroenke want a Super Bowl win this year, running the table in SoFi, to make the biggest football splash ever in LA. And it could happen.

Who knows, there possibly could be a plan for next year too... but the future is now.

And they may not be done yet. VM apparently isn't really costing much and the trade deadline is tomorrow.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Donald & Floyd might end up playing on the same side if von Miller gets parked in his regular playing post.

Ram's defensive front five would now be without question the best in the NFL.

Guess this might solve Snead's serious defensive secondary issues if the QB is on his back in less than 2 seconds.
I wonder if Von or Floyd can play inside some so Rapp isn't in the box on running downs.