Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm shocked. Guess this next offseason will be a FA retooling where needed. But not gonna get all worried about next year when there's a Super Bowl to win and our team is going for it.

I want to say that looking at the stats this makes sense. Our passer rating against is quite good given the pressures rate, so it follows that more pressures per snap will magnify our defense greatly. Talked about this in the other thread but of course certainly didn't expect them to make a move for a pricey position like blindside rush let alone Von Miller.

Defense needs to get better to be more on par with this offense. Von might do that. There's a really good chance this guy gives the unit a big shot in the arm and a ton of confidence. I mean yeah moves like this often don't get the desired result in terms of chemistry and all that but I have to think adding a player of Von's quality to AD and Floyd is going to have a big impact.

All in bitches!

1635787207410.png

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
My son just told me he is the highest rated edge this yr with a 90 pff rating. For whatever that's worth.
I'm betting Von Miller can still play at a very high level. Lining up with AD and Floyd? and/or even Lewis? Holy shit!!!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Rams get Jalen Ramsey. "Rams go all in". Rams get Matt Stafford. "Rams go all in." Rams get Von Miller. "Rams go all in."

Can you go "all inner?" "All innest?" "All interminable??" Les Snead be all like, "You haven't even seen the inside of my navel yet!"

"All INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"
Rams are all in pretty deep now!!!

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Has not Von Miller played primarily on the same side where Floyd now starts?

I know Havenstein thinks highly of Von Miller since in the early year's Von took Hav's lunch $$$ whenever they played each other.
I thought miller played the blind side mostly?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What Broncos Fans Are Saying About This Trade

It's the right move, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

Really sucks to see him go. Von always gave his all and really sounded like he wanted to be a Bronco for life. But we weren't competing and he deserves to be on a contender.

Mixed emotions because Von is one of my favorite Broncos of all time, but at the same time I’m happy for Von because he went to a great team who should make a deep run. I’ll be rooting for the Rams this year. Aaron Donald and Von is a scary, scary duo.

He will definitely have a shot at another SB!! And he may be a real force! Can you imagine him and Donald causing havoc!!!!

Man, this is really, really painful. I get that we're rebuilding and it makes sense, but he is by far my second favorite Bronco of all time. I wanted him to finish his career here. This sucks.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Horrible trade, IMO
I understand.....its a hard one to pull all the info in on. Miller is 32 and a UFA after this season so on the outside all I see is a 2nd and a 3rd pick gone for an older LB we will have for 7 to 10 more games.

Then I look at the edges and I see a lot of possibilities......

* Von is on a new team for the first time in his career
* He has played well this season with Chubb out at DE or whatever position he plays
* He will have a Rams defense around him so he is one more person to block
* His salary has almost zero impact for the rest of this year

I always feel uncomfortable with a half season rental that costs us picks, but the Rams have shown more than any team in the NFL that they can do it.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
We still have 8 draft picks for next year too. That's pretty crazy.

Allen, SJD, Edwards, Gaines, Fuller - know what they all have in common? They were drafted within the range of picks that we still have.

So this is crazy....

If we don't make another move save for trading DJax, we will roll over money for next year in an attempt to re-sign a bunch of players. OR we make another move and get even better for this year. I LOVE this front office.
8 picks, but the first is a 3rd round comp, lol

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
I understand.....its a hard one to pull all the info in on. Miller is 32 and a UFA after this season so on the outside all I see is a 2nd and a 3rd pick gone for an older LB we will have for 7 to 10 more games.

Then I look at the edges and I see a lot of possibilities......

* Von is on a new team for the first time in his career
* He has played well this season with Chubb out at DE or whatever position he plays
* He will have a Rams defense around him so he is one more person to block
* His salary has almost zero impact for the rest of this year

I always feel uncomfortable with a half season rental that costs us picks, but the Rams have shown more than any team in the NFL that they can do it.
Rams will theoretically get a 2023 comp for Miller if he leaves

Memphis Ram

Legend
The last time I saw Miller play was on a Thursday night vs. the Browns.

He didn't do much before he got hurt, but the guy who replaced him was playing lights out.

2nd & 3rd round selection?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
At Reeder's spot. We could have a package that's Lewis - Jones - Floyd - Miller.

Last week, there was a Jones - Rapp - Ramsey package, so it's not improbable. I think it was the play that Jones got the INT.

Some EDGE guys have moved inside before. Didn't Will Witherspoon do that for us?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if we will see Miller on a DLine with Floyd and Lewis, Hollins or OBO? Pass rush package.

As impressed as we’ve been with OBO and Lewis lately I’m gonna guess the Rams either don’t trust their injuries or haven’t been as confident about their play as the fans.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Sorry, like the player, but hate what we gave up to get him. Thats a lot. I have no problem "going for it" but at some point we need to draft some players. We already have depth issue but not restocking with draft picks is going to catch up to us.

Excited for how this year will play out but frightened of the future......win now!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
When Clay Matthews, Jr. came to the Rams, he was 33 and had registered only 11 sacks in his final 30 games with the Packers. He then had 8 sacks in 13 games with the Rams.

Leonard Floyd had 18.5 sacks in 54 games with the Bears. He has 17 sacks in 24 games with the Rams.

Dante Fowler, Jr., has had 19 sacks in 58 games with Jacksonville and Atlanta, and had 13.5 in 24 games with the Rams.

This is the AARON DONALD EFFECT!

Can't wait to see how that works with Von Miller.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
At Reeder's spot. We could have a package that's Lewis - Jones - Floyd - Miller.

Last week, there was a Jones - Rapp - Ramsey package, so it's not improbable. I think it was the play that Jones got the INT.

Some EDGE guys have moved inside before. Didn't Will Witherspoon do that for us?
It's beyond improbable. It would be utter malpractice, for many, many reasons.
Also, the Rams have their solutions at ILB. There's a consistent thread there about how they view the position and moving a premier pass rusher to play Ilb wouldn't fit into that.