Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Great post. Totally agree.

I would add that this strategy is not easily replicated by other teams. LA has some unique properties, and this point in time adds some more unique positives. The Lakers/Dodgers also exploit the typical advantages of playing in LA.

But now add the Ram bonuses on top. Aligned management with a win now mentality, the new stadium, and a coach that is approaching records that have been in place for many decades, while being in his early 30's. Prospective FAs hear from players on the team how good the strength/conditioning programs are, etc.

And of course, we have Les' church bells swinging to and fro throughout the facility...
I think one of the big things the two teams have in common is spending money on things other than player payroll. Both have extensive data departments and I'm pretty sure they look at everything and that it informs all of their decisions.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno what y'all are talking about.

Next year? Maaaaan, there ain't nothing but this year...this moment...OUR moment...

I'm gonna savor this year...every moment...until we hoist that Lombardi...

THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

next year will come when it comes...
Interpretation: Old bastids like us only got so long to see the Rams win a Lombardi again before we kick!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is a very well thought out post - 1st round draft picks are more important for rebuilding teams.. not teams that are trying to win right now.
Agree. You have to get to a critical mass of having enough talent first, which the Rams did several years ago. You have to have money and cash flow for contracts and curb appeal as a destination for free agents, which the Rams have. You have to have strategic leadership, opportunism and the organizational decision making capability to cut deals quickly in real time. Check. You have to backfill the roster with smart draft picks and players who complement the top line talent. Check.

But the real test is whether the Rams can win a Super Bowl. This is their chance, right here and now.

And then it will be can the Rams keep this going, including when they need to replace critical players like AD? I think it's possible. We'll find out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Les has kids getting him customized coffee mugs.
I wonder what the subject matter on the mug is?

MywFejF.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think of that. As a rookie he’s out there on the field with AD, Von, Ramsey and Floyd in that Mecca of a stadium. Gotta be just an out of body kind of experience.
AND possibly laying the wood to Adrian Peterson...

WestCoastRam

Legend
More likely Morris will rush four, blitz a bit, and blanket the secondary with five or six guys in coverage no matter where they line up.

Yeah, at one point it seemed like Morris was def sending 6 or more defenders on rush than we ever did last year. I think this allows us to get back to 4-5 man rushes more often.

I don't think we're gonna see the amount of Cover -2 calls change though... but they will be more effective.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Signing Von makes more sense than letting him walk. You play the necessary games with your salary cap for the next couple of years to keep this window open.
When FA hits.. I expect the Rams to lose Corbett, SJD and Darious Williams.. although Williams' play this year may make him affordable.

They've shown, repeatedly, that they believe they can replace IOL from within. I think they keep Allen because he won't cost that much and you don't want to switch out more than two OL, if you can avoid it.
I love SJD, but he's not a premium pass rusher. They drafted BB for this.
They have 8 picks next year and, no doubt, will hit on a couple. Where they pick makes it completely reasonable to think they can find IOL, IDL and a Corner.
There are other FAs that they might have to make decisions on... Gay is one of them.
Obo is gone if they keep Miller.. they have two other developmental pass rushers already.
Akers replaces Michel.
They'll need another TE, unless Blanton really steps up. Hopkins seems to be a waste.

Anyway.... I think Miller is back next season.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah, at one point it seemed like Morris was def sending 6 or more defenders on rush than we ever did last year. I think this allows us to get back to 4-5 man rushes more often.

I don't think we're gonna see the amount of Cover -2 calls change though... but they will be more effective.
it might make it more successful - the cover 2

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Let's go draft picks!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
JB does a great job with these interviews and this one's a fun listen.

Ernest Jones is my kind of dude.
Hope he continues to get it done for us. Time will tell.
Tinoisamoa, Laurinaitis, Witherspoon, Littleton... many others... Plenty of "okay" guys but nothing that ever made me feel like "that's a bad dude in the middle you got to watch out for". Not since Fletcher anyways

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
you know after watching those miller high lights i am wondering what is in the super bowl. i'm hoping it is a little von chowder with a little ramsey cheese melted over the top and some donald crumbs mixed in also a side order of staffold salad. wow i am a little hungry i think i will go get something to eat