Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Miller and Floyd play the same position. We don't exactly have loads of cap room. We can't cut Floyd because of cap implications (dead money). So I pose the question, do we trade Floyd next season? Or do we let Miller walk? Or do we do a bunch of gymnastics with the cap so that we can keep both edge rushers?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Miller and Floyd play the same position. We don't exactly have loads of cap room. We can't cut Floyd because of cap implications (dead money). So I pose the question, do we trade Floyd next season? Or do we let Miller walk? Or do we do a bunch of gymnastics with the cap so that we can keep both edge rushers?
I'm pretty sure they will play opposite sides and play at the same time.

btfd16

Rookie
Does regular subscription to the atlantic come with access to article archives going back or is ir strictly new articles?
Can't speak to the political website Atlantic, but Athletic, you get everything.

But really though, I did the $1/month for 6 months with all intentions to cancel. But I love it more than any other site.

Jorgeh0605

I'm pretty sure they will play opposite sides and play at the same time.
This year obviously. I'm talking about next year. That's a lot of money for two premiere edge rushers. It definitely deserves to at least be a question if we can devote that much money to two edge rushers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Does regular subscription to the atlantic come with access to article archives going back or is ir strictly new articles?
You can scroll down to old articles. I never tried but if you typed a writer in the search I’d think a list of articles would appear.

If you like other sports it’s well worth it. They have amassed an impressive array of reporters. I specifically follow the Rams, Yankees, Penn State, and Penguins. There are several others I could follow but the enormity of quality writing would cause me to spend even more time on my phone than I do. I already am on it too much.

Edit: I tried to scroll down to old articles. It didn’t seem to stop. I quit at the Rams/Bears game articles.

MachS

Hall of Fame
There's no way dude, why would we trade Floyd? He's in the prime of his career and playing his best football. We now have bookend edge rushers. Even if they're used to playing the same side, one of them will transition to the opposite.

The whole point of this move is to give us the best pass rush in football which we now have. And regarding cap space, seems like people forget all the Gurley and Goff dead money are coming off the books after this season. Plus the salary cap is going up ~$15M at least. Plus extending Stafford will give us another $10M. That is a ton to play around with. We can resign Von and another player or two. That's not even mentioning if big Whit retires we'll have another $13M opening up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This year obviously. I'm talking about next year. That's a lot of money for two premiere edge rushers. It definitely deserves to at least be a question if we can devote that much money to two edge rushers.
That's where the money should go. QB, LT, elite corner and pass rush.

I don't see Floyd going anywhere next year but roster building it's a fluid thing so it could happen i guess.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
There's no way dude, why would we trade Floyd? He's in the prime of his career and playing his best football. We now have bookend edge rushers. Even if they're used to playing the same side, one of them will transition to the opposite.

The whole point of this move is to give us the best pass rush in football which we now have. And regarding cap space, seems like people forget all the Gurley and Goff dead money are coming off the books after this season. Plus the salary cap is going up ~$15M at least. Plus extending Stafford will give us another $10M. That is a ton to play around with. We can resign Von and another player or two. That's not even mentioning if big Whit retires we'll have another $13M opening up.
True, but with the lack of picks, it's critical they resign their young OL... Corbett, Allen, & Noteboom. At least 2 of them have to be back, especially with Whit likely retiring. They simply don't have the draft capital to replace them.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Miller or Floyd next year? Who's worried about "next year"? Not Snead. Not McVay. And they shouldn't be. They'll figure something out.....next year. But we're worried about "next year"? We worry about next year when this year is over. Has Miller's plane even arrived yet? :laugh2:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
uJ2Ge96.gif

dang

Legend
So do we trade Floyd next year or what?
When you buy a Porsche snd realize the cost of insurance and maintenance…do you immediately start looking for buyers for the Porsche. Hell No!!! You ride that Porsche hard and fast and don’t worry about it until the bank forecloses on your house.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
There is absolutely ZERO way we trade Floyd to keep Miller.

Jorgeh0605

When you buy a Porsche snd realize the cost of insurance and maintenance…do you immediately start looking for buyers for the Porsche. Hell No!!! You ride that Porsche hard and fast and don’t worry about it until the bank forecloses on your house.
I'm just saying, you have a Porsche and you come home with a 2015 Lamborghini, someone is going to ask if you are willing to part ways with the Porsche. Its not an absurd question. Of course you want to keep both!

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
You know what? Everyone keeps talking about the VM trade and how he’s taking us to the promised land (me included) but something kept bugging me that just wasn’t sitting right…. and BINGO!

We definitely need to redefine our defensive philosophy… I mean we can’t just trot our D onto the field with Bend Don’t Break mentality anymore. We can’t, and shouldn’t waste a great pass rush because our DBs are playing 10 yards away from the receiver. … That crap just drives me nuts!

Hoping Morris decides to take more chances and play more press coverage... but seriously when you have #5 back there, not sure you can categorize that as taking a chance ..

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure that either Floyd or Miller can play either side.

Won’t be a problem whatsoever.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ppl at work today came by my office and said they were jealous of all the moves the past few years.

Gotta a little skip in my step now.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Denver had him strong side for better matchups vs the RTs and because he was strong enough to set that edge. He isn't the old Von on his rush but current Von is better than most blindside rushers. We're good blindside now.