Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is awesome for Terrel Lewis. Who could be a better teacher for Lewis than Von freakin' Miller...
No amount of teaching will allow Lewis to get the sudden change of direction he needs to get his game to that elite level.

His knee won’t take it. When he tries to turn the corner you can see that he isn’t able to put the full force of the load on it. Unfortunately that will always hold him back. Unless someone invents a miracle cure for his injury.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stafford had months and months to process leaving his former team of 12 years and even as he asked to leave, it was a big change.

Miller only found out about this a few days before it went down and he was super invested in the team and city. He’s even talked about doing a Shannon Sharpe and returning maybe one day.

I think within the next few days, we’ll see him brighten up once he sees who he’s playing with up close…
Actually this trade was agreed upon a week ago. I’m guessing it was linked to the Kenny Young deal. The report was that Von Miller was kept in the loop throughout the entire process.

Tano

Legend
No amount of teaching will allow Lewis to get the sudden change of direction he needs to get his game to that elite level.

His knee won’t take it. When he tries to turn the corner you can see that he isn’t able to put the full force of the load on it. Unfortunately that will always hold him back. Unless someone invents a miracle cure for his injury.
OIP.JflHQnjEheSjAPjTeNfmZQHaFj

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No one is saying it, so I will. Everyone was scratching their head when the Rams traded Kenny Young to the Broncos for basicly nothing, but its obvious to me Young was part of the Von Miller deal.

Bronco's get Kenny Young and 2022 2nd and 3rd, Rams get Von Miller.

RamWoodie

Legend
Has Von Miller come out and said that he’s pumped to be a Ram yet?
He's a pro. Not like DJax with a prima Donna mindset. The guy choked up walking out of the Denver clubhouse seeing the SB 50 trophy...but he understands the nature of things. He's already hoping to play Sunday!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is anyone else not the least bit excited about this trade?

Miller is past his prime and had injuries.

Isn’t Miller an OLB which isn’t a position of need? Draft capital seemed high.
Many said AD was a bad pick because it wasn't a "need". Oopsie.

Von was AFC player of the month this last September. If that's past his prime, I'll take it.
Yep. 1981 IIRC.
One of my all time favorites and that clip is one of my favorites in the movie. For my money, that was all three, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise, and Timothy Hutton's best movie. Though of course Spicoli was a great roll for Penn.
It sucks never being able to look forward to the draft, but thus far, the strategy has worked.
The draft is many teams' Superbowl. I'll trade that for the chance at a REAL Superbowl any day.
He can buy a hobby farm up in Santa Ynez and raise chickens and horses to his heart's content in the off-season...
Lots of places in southern California to do that. I'm thinking he'll be fine. But I guess he already has a house in LA area.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
We’re being a bit premature worrying about Lewis’ and Hollins’ Ram career at edge if Miller is extended. Classic crossing of a bridge before we’ve come to it.

It’s gonna be very tricky for the Rams to find a way to extend Miller in the first place.

And as has already been pointed out, Hollins might make a fine ILB once he returns. Certainly could be better than Reeder, don’t you think?

Miller’s addition gives Morris all kinds of new options. I hope that they’re aggressive ones.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lots of places in southern California to do that. I'm thinking he'll be fine. But I guess he already has a house in LA area.
He spends his off seasons in LA (Venice) .....he probably already has a ranch there, haha.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He trains in the Bay Area from what I read a few whiner fans discussing.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't think the Kenny Young trade was a part of this as some sort of "package".
Deals ain't done until they're done.
The Rams and Broncos have had a positive working relationship for a few years, it seems, and the Young trade gave them a chance to talk about Miller as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Kenny Young trade was a part of this as some sort of "package".
The Rams and Broncos have had a positive working relationship for a few years, it seems, and the Young trade gave them a chance to talk about Miller as well.
Seemed like McVay linked the two deals in the Coach McVay Show. Like sometimes you have to do some unpleasant things for the flexibility to do big things like getting Miller.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Seemed like McVay linked the two deals in the Coach McVay Show. Like sometimes you have to do some unpleasant things for the flexibility to do big things like getting Miller.
Can’t speak to it until I listen to it, but I will.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No one is saying it, so I will. Everyone was scratching their head when the Rams traded Kenny Young to the Broncos for basicly nothing, but its obvious to me Young was part of the Von Miller deal.

And the $9M that Denver is paying Von

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I said it last week when Young was handed to Denver for peanuts. But I guessed Fuller not Von. I get the cookie.

That is a funny Key and Peele skit. One of my favorites.
Miller’s deal was agreed upon a week ago. Likely they were connected. Denver was desperate at LBer so needed Young ASAP