Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
People around the NFL suggested that maybe Big Whit had very little left. That's obviously not true.

I keep seeing all this stuff questioning if Von Miller has anything left in the tank.

What a silly question. Von Miller is going from being THE focus to being ONE of THREE.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if our DL just played "meet at the QB" all game long.

This has the same feel to me as when we got Matthew Stafford. I think this will transform our D and take us to the next level.

The upside is so massive that what we're paying in draft picks is minuscule ESPECIALLY since we have such a poor record using 2nd round picks.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It's only 9:40 on the West Coast... how are people gonna sleep when we got this news???

9ed291982fedcd64b592d517c06724fe4654124c.gifv

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Amazing! Just amazing! Go Rams! This just put us over the top!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
So a 3-4 front 5 of Floyd (Pro Bowl caliber), Robinson, SJD, AD (DL GOAT), Miller (1st ballot HoFer still producing) is just insane.

I mean even if we're in a 4 man front on a passing down, do you single up Floyd AND Miller to maintain the double on AD? That's a recipe for disaster...

I see potential synergies that are really next level.

For Raheem Morris, it's the Spiderman creed... with great power comes great responsibility. The faster he gets Miller into the scheme, the faster this Rams D will be even better.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Miller has started seven games so far in 2021. He’s recorded 4.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss, and nine quarterback hits in 2021.
What's concerning is his latest ankle injury and the fact that he's 32. But the front office must have thought he was worth the gamble.
It could be a great move if they are right. I know he got a little criticism early on in Denver this year. He was critical of himself too. I’m not sure if that means he was playing well at one point or if he wasn’t playing ‘Von Miller’ well. Philly posted some stats. It looks like Miller is in the mix for top 5 to 10 rank for edge rushers. That’s an upgrade, plus he’s gone the distance and knows what it takes to win it all. He’s a good leader too.

I feel a little for Lewis and Obo but I think it was unrealistic to think Lewis could keep playing 50 snaps a game. Obo hasn’t had an injury free season yet.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
This is awesome for Terrel Lewis. Who could be a better teacher for Lewis than Von freakin' Miller...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This is awesome for Terrel Lewis. Who could be a better teacher for Lewis than Von freakin' Miller...
IMHO Lewis might be really disappointed by this trade.

Lewis immediately gets demoted from starter to backup. Lewis will still get snaps, but not nearly as many as before the trade.

And if Von signs a long term deal, it's gonna be super difficult for Lewis to crack the starting lineup anytime in the next 2-3 years. He's not gonna beat out either Floyd or Miller on the outside.

So for Lewis, he might see this signing as an obstacle to him cashing in on his first big contract when he's an UFA in a couple years.

Yes, Lewis gets a great mentor. But unfortunately that new mentor will probably take his job for the next couple years.

Just my 2 cents

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
That wouldn't make sense with all the CAP repercussions. It should be a backloaded multi-year contract for a 32 year old talent like Von Miller Imo.
Not sure why you quoted me there RRB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
IMHO Lewis might be really disappointed by this trade.

Lewis immediately gets demoted from starter to backup. Lewis will still get snaps, but not nearly as many as before the trade.

And if Von signs a long term deal, it's gonna be super difficult for Lewis to crack the starting lineup anytime in the next 2-3 years. He's not gonna beat out either Floyd or Miller on the outside.

So for Lewis, he might see this signing as an obstacle to him cashing in on his first big contract when he's an UFA in a couple years.

Yes, Lewis gets a great mentor. But unfortunately that new mentor will probably take his job for the next couple years.

Just my 2 cents

I'd think that Hollins will be the most disappointed as he was our starter. Lewis can play a rotational role for quite some time as he proves to no longer be an injury risk. Next year, perhaps the year after, maybe we can trade Hollins for a higher draft pick, but that's a future situation, not one to really worry about now as we compete for a Super Bowl win. jmo.

Last edited:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Obviously, McVay and Snead feel this is a Super Bowl or bust year and they're going all in. I can't say I have any problem with this trade.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure why you quoted me there RRB.

It looks like a mistake on my end, I meant to answer someone who was suggesting we only try to sign Miller to a future one year contract. Sorry about the confusion ...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Another factor for this season is we can put Lewis on a snap count, due to his past injury history.
Also on the Hollins "note", he was coming into his own as a starting edge guy, but also has some history playing inside. The trickle down from adding Von Miller. Keeping bodies fresh, so we can keep attacking the QBs we will see in the playoffs and our Div including Trey at "some point" too

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People around the NFL suggested that maybe Big Whit had very little left. That's obviously not true.

I keep seeing all this stuff questioning if Von Miller has anything left in the tank.

What a silly question. Von Miller is going from being THE focus to being ONE of THREE.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if our DL just played "meet at the QB" all game long.

This has the same feel to me as when we got Matthew Stafford. I think this will transform our D and take us to the next level.

The upside is so massive that what we're paying in draft picks is minuscule ESPECIALLY since we have such a poor record using 2nd round picks.
You talkin’ to me? ~ Tutu Dinero

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
This defense is going to need a nick name for sure now!