Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I honestly think there's a plan here. Von is 32. Yeah maybe he's looking for one more big pay day. But there may have already been talks. I don't believe for a second - with this regime - that he's a nine game rental. I'm thinking he's here to retire and pick up a couple rings.

If we don't produce a ring and it looks like we won't in the future, we will have bigger problems.

We are in it to win it. Now and in the future.

I'm hoping players see this

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Ooooo me likely…..she has some haunting pipes
And is hotter than a 3 buck Rolex……

1635820746548.jpeg

RamWoodie

Legend
I know now the Ram secondary will be better. DLine pressure and the secondary go hand in hand. I like the young talent on the Ram secondary too! That kid Dont'e Deayon showed me something Sunday. Yeah...it's just one game...but he has what it takes to be good. Let them all grow!!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
It does seem like Keifer played a military school kid in something back then...

Way off topic from the thread but another fun and largely forgotten movie with a similar situation to Taps (sort of similar, though not nearly as good) was Toy Soldiers from around 1990. A fun but forgotten movie.

It's not Taps but I'll be damned if someone said I forgot Toy Soldiers.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
I honestly think there's a plan here. Von is 32. Yeah maybe he's looking for one more big pay day. But there may have already been talks. I don't believe for a second - with this regime - that he's a nine game rental. I'm thinking he's here to retire and pick up a couple rings.

If we don't produce a ring and it looks like we won't in the future, we will have bigger problems.

Agreed, but I was hoping D Jackson would see it too.. but we know how that turned out.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
So there's got to be more moves coming. Travin howard is hurt now so we only got 2 ILBs total on our roster and practice squad

MachS

Hall of Fame
I honestly think there's a plan here. Von is 32. Yeah maybe he's looking for one more big pay day. But there may have already been talks. I don't believe for a second - with this regime - that he's a nine game rental. I'm thinking he's here to retire and pick up a couple rings
Bingo. You dont let HOF players like Von walk out the door. And where would he want to go? I know he loved Denver but he said in his vlog today he spends a ton of time in LA and has many friends here. Playing next to AD, chasing rings, playing for McVay and this culture he created is going to be hard to pass up.

I have no doubt we sign him for at least one more year and I bet we get him on an affordable deal. But regardless, the Gurley + Goff money is coming off the books next year, plus salary cap going up, plus Stafford restructure creates $10M in space. We will have plenty of money to throw around even after we resign Von.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Agree. AD is our window and signing VM for another 2-3 years covers a lot of it. Have to think Von would also like to continue his career playing next to AD. How the money may work out or not is another matter.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Maybe thinking of At Close Range?

It was another early 80s film with Sean Penn and Keifer has a small role in it.
Also features the best song Madonna ever did imo (not saying too much I know) and one I'd like to do a heavier cover of someday called Live To Tell.
The guy who played Sean Penn's brother in that movie looked nothing like him. Totally unbelievable.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Bingo. You dont let HOF players like Von walk out the door. And where would he want to go? I know he loved Denver but he said in his vlog today he spends a ton of time in LA and has many friends here. Playing next to AD, chasing rings, playing for McVay and this culture he created is going to be hard to pass up.

I have no doubt we sign him for at least one more year and I bet we get him on an affordable deal. But regardless, the Gurley + Goff money is coming off the books next year, plus salary cap going up, plus Stafford restructure creates $10M in space. We will have plenty of money to throw around even after we resign Von.
Agreed, but it's gonna be real pricey to sign Von AND Noteboom AND Corbett AND Allen. We can replace SJD in house, but those three OL guys are awfully important to keep next year. Would really hate to see any of those three OL leaving because of the cap.

EDIT: Matt Gay and DWill and Deayon and Reeder and Obo and Michel, too.... a lot of FA's comin' up

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Maybe thinking of At Close Range?

It was another early 80s film with Sean Penn and Keifer has a small role in it.
Also features the best song Madonna ever did imo (not saying too much I know) and one I'd like to do a heavier cover of someday called Live To Tell.
Great Film, True story

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agreed, but it's gonna be real pricey to sign Von AND Noteboom AND Corbett AND Allen. We can replace SJD in house, but those three OL guys are awfully important to keep next year. Would really hate to see any of those three OL leaving because of the cap.

The first year of long-term contracts are traditionally the least expensive, in addition, not only will the CAP rise in 2022 due to fans being back in the seats, but also a new contract for TNF with Prime Video. In 2023, all the other new Network TV contracts go into effect, along with what will likely be Prime Video spending huge for MNF. These next two years, especially 2023, should bring record dollars to NFL football and the CAP.
jmo.