Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i had concerns over giving our 2 and 3rd round picks but when i heard the ponies were paying most of this years salary makes me think a injury is the only thing that can screw this up :smilehearts::zany1:

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Structurally, this isn't just a home run... it's a GRAND SLAM home run.

Part of the reason Von Miller's stats changed after the first 4 games is that he was asked to go into coverage more than at any other times in his career and one of my BFFs who's as much a diehard Broncos fan than any of us are diehard Rams fan has been furious about how Fangio has been misusing Von Miller this year.

Why is this structurally a GRAND SLAM?

1) Von Miller will be part of a rotation

2) While his focus will be pass rushing, his ability to contain and cover is substantially better than Lewis who I love as an up and coming player and Hollins when he comes back.

3) As my BFF Bronco fan admits, our Sports Medicine team will be a substantial boon for Von Miller. He admitted that no team in the league gets better production from its veterans than our Rams.

4) Von Miller has been in the Fangio D for awhile, so he only has to learn the Morris hybridization of this D which shouldn't be too hard. Unlike our previous Defensive scheme changes or alterations, our D wasn't awful while it got situated in the scheme. What this means for Von Miller is being able to hit the ground running.

5) I think no team embraces new players better than we do which will help what seems like heartbreak for Von Miller. He said from an open car window as he was leaving the facility "He's a country boy. He raises chickens and legit got an Ag degree. That said, I think once he's here, he'll love it and be productive from day one.

He can buy a hobby farm up in Santa Ynez and raise chickens and horses to his heart's content in the off-season...

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
To those of you complaining about the draft capital we sent: how can you be mad trading the two picks for a proven player like Von Miller when the draft is such a crap shoot. I seriously don’t get it.
The logic is resigning high paid veterans can only go so far. At some point your future team must rely on young player contracts for cap reasons.

It’s attempting to hack the system to win a super bowl. Load up now for a season and rely on late picks to win later.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This is so amazing, I found out a couple of hours ago. Working up in the mountains so I had no signal.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
My dream, too. Because who do you throw against with Ramsey/Howard/D-Will/Deayon on the field?

Totally agree.....if they do nothing as far as a trade for CB.... I'd at least bring in Brian Poole for a look with the way we are up front now he might be a real bargain.

2nd option after Howard maybe a part 3 to the broncos trade and we get Kyle fuller lol!!!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My phone was blowing up as it all unfolded. Really can’t imagine just how good this is and I think it will take a few weeks to really show. Snead, McVay and Mr. Kronke are putting people on notice. There’s the old way of doing the NFL and then there is the Rams way.

Being a Rams fan just keeps getting better.

Ellard80

Legend
The logic is resigning high paid veterans can only go so far. At some point your future team must rely on young player contracts for cap reasons.

It’s attempting to hack the system to win a super bowl. Load up now for a season and rely on late picks to win later.
the best dynasty of all time - the new england patriots - mostly drafted like shit

they hit on one guy though...

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Idk about him with #40 - might take me a few sacks to get used to that honestly.

Texram

UDFA
I'm a teacher, and a student showed the trade on his phone. I told him "don't mess with me like that...it better be real" :). It was. Great day to ne a Ram.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm just laughing ever since I heard the news. I have no problem with the picks. I've been saying for months this roster is built so drafting is strictly for the furture not for immediate plug n play.

Von Miller is 32 so you figure a 2 year deal counting this year and 20222. They could tack on a 3rd yr to allow them to spread the hit. But playing him at 34 would seem a reach. With AD being 30 and possibly playing until he's 34 this will pair both future HOF defensive players for the next 2 or 3 years. Combined with Floyd and Lewis this DL is FREAKING STACKED!!!!

The Rams are not just built for now, they have a bunch of very good talent coming up behind these guys.

Stafford...Donald....Ramsey...Miller DAMN!! HOF roster!

NFL YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN NOTICE THERE IS A NEW DYNASTY IN PLACE IN LA

And Desean wants out....LMFAO.....He ain't good enough and he knows it so he's looking for a desperate team where he can look like he's elite.

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh yeah the Rams are probably going to get 4 comp picks and something for Desean. So those two picks won't be missed.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He does line up nice with Stafford and Donald. This is the window why not and I think this move makes the Rams a tougher out.

Is he dinged up though? Thought he had an ankle so we'll see on that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ultimately, I think a fairly large part of this push is to get AD that ring.

We all know the rarity of being around a first ballot HoFer. Sure, Von Miller has one, but I'm sure he'd be plenty glad with another.

Also, I'm sure Brady is like, "dammit, what I gotta do to get away from that guy???"

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ultimately, I think a fairly large part of this push is to get AD that ring.

My first thought on this was to get Whitworth a ring as AD still has a few years left, but both these guys deserve this crowning achievement.