Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not to mention that even when the Rams miss on a move they tend to get past it and keep winning. Organizationally they're just on a different level than the unwashed masses.

I don't know how they do it man. I was worried about Center this year as well as whether Corbs would deliver. Line looks great. Wasn't sure Jefferson would develop, well he's arriving right now and it's why DJax is all butthurt. Brock leaving created a hole well that's ok as a group the Rams' rotation has done a good job of replacing him. JJ is probably the only loss that is hurting us but we'll see maybe they get Rapp and Scott playing well enough to solve that one too.

So I'm done with the hand wringing personally. Just going to enjoy these guys putting together "Rams are all in they have no future now" shots every year. Goddamn it feels good to be where we are.
I think it's just taking advantage of market inefficiencies in acquiring talent that they've honed in on as well as spending the money to be able to find those inefficiencies.
An oversimplification, sure, but I think that's the core of it. They get a lot of picks and hope to hit on some of them and find players they can develop as well. Patience in the long game helps too.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Yep Robert Rochell does show some promise but has spent much of this 2021 injured & still not healthy.

As far as my fondness for Darious Williams it's gone. I know he is injured but when he was healthy his on-field performance was. :crap:If Rochell gets healthy he will kick this DC Morris version 2021 CB Darious Williams to the bench. Williams will be a UFA in March.

CB David Long is nothing better than a reserve Nickle at best. He can not play outside. Since Ramsey sees so much Nickle-type action I see no reason to not trade long-off for a needed draft selection to a team who needs a Nickle right now. I would keep Donte Deayon over Long & Williams.

Tell me which Ram safety we have is making plays & putting forth a good effort in run & pass support each Sunday?
Cheer up dude. Things could be worse.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Let’s don’t forget that there might be 2 more moves coming in the next 24 hours.

DJ is a goner for sure, hopefully in some kind of trade.

And Rams still have $5-7M available for a modest move to acquire a solid S or maybe a blocking TE that they like.

Les might still have a couple of moves left up his sleeve.
I'm wondering if they're trying to sign Boom right now to an extension. If you want to keep him around now is a good time to address that.

He's been a big surprise to me this year. Much stronger at the point though I think I need to see him in some snaps vs Bosa when we play SF in order to invest in him. If he can stalemate Bosa then ok get him inked. But the Rams may already have made that decision.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eisen upon hearing it: "Of course they're doing that." :laugh4:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Just something to think about.. the cap will grow somewhat over the next two seasons.. and will likely explode in 2024. This could factor in how Rams plan for the future when structuring different deals.
There will be interesting and complicated decisions to make this offseason, but they should be able to answer most of them.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
At this point in his career yeah we may see the Rams only use him on key rush downs. Which would be a great way to increase his odds of being healthy for the playoffs.

But when they do use him on early downs vs teams like Arizona he's going to be an upgrade in contain and vs the run too. This guy has a really strong all around game.
I expect Miller to play. He's a great player and will not want to be kept off the field in a contract year. If we want a chance to resign him (which may not be the intention) we need to keep him happy. And if we don't, we'll use him as needed.

Not as many downs as Floyd or younger guys, but playing 60% or so as part of a serious rotation.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Not to mention that even when the Rams miss on a move they tend to get past it and keep winning. Organizationally they're just on a different level than the unwashed masses.

I don't know how they do it man. I was worried about Center this year as well as whether Corbs would deliver. Line looks great. Wasn't sure Jefferson would develop, well he's arriving right now and it's why DJax is all butthurt. Brock leaving created a hole well that's ok as a group the Rams' rotation has done a good job of replacing him. JJ is probably the only loss that is hurting us but we'll see maybe they get Rapp and Scott playing well enough to solve that one too.

So I'm done with the hand wringing personally. Just going to enjoy these guys putting together "Rams are all in they have no future now" shots every year. Goddamn it feels good to be where we are.
Exactly bro. How many fans can feel what we've felt these last 5 years. Yea the Super Bowl loss broke a piece of my heart forever, but we continue to be the most aggressive team in the NFL year after year after year. So much so that we've completely influenced other franchises head coaching searches, and how teams dont hesitate to trade top picks for talent.

And think about how this makes the players feel in the locker room. AD, Floyd, Ramsey, Stafford, etc. They know for a 100% fact that we are doing all we can to help them win a super bowl. Year after year after year. They're going to play their asses off because this is likely their best chance to win the big game. I just respect the hell out of the ballsy approach of McVay and Snead. When the entire playbook for running an NFL franchise has said: "save top picks and build slowly through the draft," we've proven there are alternative strategies to try and win super bowls. And I love it.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Exactly bro. How many fans can feel what we've felt these last 5 years. Yea the Super Bowl loss broke a piece of my heart forever, but we continue to be the most aggressive team in the NFL year after year after year. So much so that we've completely influenced other franchises head coaching searches, and how teams dont hesitate to trade top picks for talent.

And think about how this makes the players feel in the locker room. AD, Floyd, Ramsey, Stafford, etc. They know for a 100% fact that we are doing all we can to help them win a super bowl. Year after year after year. They're going to play their asses off because this is likely their best chance to win the big game. I just respect the hell out of the ballsy approach of McVay and Snead. When the entire playbook for running an NFL franchise has said: "save top picks and build slowly through the draft," we've proven there are alternative strategies to try and win super bowls. And I love it.
This strategy looks a lot like an updated modern version of George Allen's "the future is now." Trade all your draft picks and sign the best proven players you can. Then win, consistently.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm wondering if they're trying to sign Boom right now to an extension. If you want to keep him around now is a good time to address that.

He's been a big surprise to me this year. Much stronger at the point though I think I need to see him in some snaps vs Bosa when we play SF in order to invest in him. If he can stalemate Bosa then ok get him inked. But the Rams may already have made that decision.
Jourdan noted that other vet lineman on the Rams made a point to praise Boom's dedication this last offseason particularly in how he attacked getting stronger. I would be happy if they were able to extend him before the end of year. Even if he's not an all pro run blocker he's always been a very good pass blocker and that's far more important in this offense and something we can't afford to not have at LT when Whit finally hangs it up.