Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Is anyone else not the least bit excited about this trade?

Miller is past his prime and had injuries.

Isn’t Miller an OLB which isn’t a position of need? Draft capital seemed high.

Psycho_X

Legend
R.I.P. Kyler Murray

Get the short coffin ready.
108995263_scaled_414x226.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm unsure too. On the surface I am stoked. Great player. Awesome addition to 2021. If it puts us over the top, I guess it's hard to argue the price.

But... we hope to make another run at it in 2022... Where does he Miller fit in that? That's when the 2nd and 3rd rounder will be missed.

Depends on the cost of his next contract and the guaranteed money, and at 32 it should be very much reduced. We could probably re-sign Von Miller to a 4 year contract which is primarily backloaded, cut him after 2 or 3 years, and come out of this smelling like a rose.
jmo.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
For the more immediate future, he said he felt he was close to playing on Sunday despite an ankle injury and hopes to make his Rams debut on Sunday Night Football against the Titans.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Love it, obviously. The resident draftniks never like giving up picks so i get that reaction, it makes for boring drafts.

What i love about this is, it's not like the Rams had a massive pass rush hole opposite Floyd.

T.Lewis has me eating crow on staying healthy this year(3 sacks, 4 TFL, 1 FF).
Obo has half a season to try to earn another contract somewhere else(1.5 sacks, 1 TFL, 1 FF).
Hollins who will return from injury(2 sacks, 1 TFL, 1 FF).

The Rams will be able to send waves of effective rotation pass rush from the edges.

Miller is absolutely an addition to chase, harass and help contain Kyler Murray. I said as much in the trade thread and i'm sticking to it.

I don't care much about the picks. As someone else said they know what they're doing. Five years of team success while moving top picks says so.

More pass rush baby. I'm fired up! Hey @Loyal
iu

MachS

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't rule out the Rams keeping Von for a few more years Kupped. Rams do what they want. If Von plays well which is likely I am sure the Rams will do what they can to fiddlefuck cap around to fit him and guys should be coming off iirc.
Yup this right here. People forget the salary cap is going back up, plus the Goff and Gurley dead $ is coming off the books. I'd say there's a very good chance he resigns with us. Why would he not? Play next to AD and Floyd and have a chance to win a super bowl every year. I bet he would take slightly less money to play for us versus other teams even.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the more immediate future, he said he felt he was close to playing on Sunday despite an ankle injury and hopes to make his Rams debut on Sunday Night Football against the Titans.

Fangio had already said he’d play this weekend for them so you can guess he’ll be ready for us.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After wandering through a Cardinals forum, the consensus is "we have to make a move~" or

jlO15Kb.png

TheBunk

Rookie
Is anyone else not the least bit excited about this trade?

Miller is past his prime and had injuries.

Isn’t Miller an OLB which isn’t a position of need? Draft capital seemed high.
He missed last season, but he's played practically 16 every year outside of that and has been really good so far this season.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Idk, I think Rochell has great potential as the year goes on and he gets experience. Going to be some growing pains and hopefully his injury that kept him to two snaps yesterday doesn't linger but he certainly improved the backside over Long playing. Get Williams back and have Rochell manning the other spot so we don't have to see Long again and I think things improve as the season goes on. But yeah, adding a top pass rusher off the edge will do nothing but make the secondary better too.
Yep Robert Rochell does show some promise but has spent much of this 2021 injured & still not healthy.

As far as my fondness for Darious Williams it's gone. I know he is injured but when he was healthy his on-field performance was. :crap:If Rochell gets healthy he will kick this DC Morris version 2021 CB Darious Williams to the bench. Williams will be a UFA in March.

CB David Long is nothing better than a reserve Nickle at best. He can not play outside. Since Ramsey sees so much Nickle-type action I see no reason to not trade long-off for a needed draft selection to a team who needs a Nickle right now. I would keep Donte Deayon over Long & Williams.

Tell me which Ram safety we have is making plays & putting forth a good effort in run & pass support each Sunday?