Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
He's had a good year already, and that's with him being the guy teams double. What about now? Who do you double? Donald? Miller? Floyd? Holy hell if the 3 stay healthy they are going to be fucking BRUTAL!!!!!!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams be able to send waves of effective rotation pass rush from the edges.
At this point in his career yeah we may see the Rams only use him on key rush downs. Which would be a great way to increase his odds of being healthy for the playoffs.

But when they do use him on early downs vs teams like Arizona he's going to be an upgrade in contain and vs the run too. This guy has a really strong all around game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's had a good year already, and that's with him being the guy teams double. What about now? Who do you double? Donald? Miller? Floyd? Holy hell if the 3 stay healthy they are going to be fucking BRUTAL!!!!!!
Is there a penalty for NFL necrophilia?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wonder what the Titans are thinking right now after their bad news the last 24 hours? You know they were just thinking of getting ready for a big uptick in offensive passing snaps this upcoming Sunday.

View: https://twitter.com/MichaelFFlorio/status/1455210265599905794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1455210265599905794%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F11%2Frams-broncos-von-miller-trade-breakdown

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Yep Robert Rochell does show some promise but has spent much of this 2021 injured & still not healthy.

As far as my fondness for Darious Williams it's gone. I know he is injured but when he was healthy his on-field performance was. :crap:If Rochell gets healthy he will kick this DC Morris version 2021 CB Darious Williams to the bench. Williams will be a UFA in March.

CB David Long is nothing better than a reserve Nickle at best. He can not play outside. Since Ramsey sees so much Nickle-type action I see no reason to not trade long-off for a needed draft selection to a team who needs a Nickle right now. I would keep Donte Deayon over Long & Williams.

Tell me which Ram safety we have is making plays & putting forth a good effort in run & pass support each Sunday?
I have to disagree. I think Williams would be playing well if they played a different scheme. He is NOT a zone coverage CB nor playing 10 yards off the receivers helps him in any way.

He needs to play cover man and be within 5 yards of the receiver to be effective.

This soft shit coverage only works against teams like the Giants and the Texans.

I hope Morris changes his scheme with the addition of Miller.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't get the "value" questions. The Rams have not picked in the first round since 2016. Yet they are 50-22 since. Plus, they have a third round pick next year still on their ledger. And then 3 picks from the 4th down. PLUS they stand to get another 3rd (possibly) or 4th (possibly) for JJ or Hill or Everett or Ebukam. Future draft picks have "value" for sure. But winning games in the NFL have more "value". And of course getting to the Superbowl (really valuable) and winning it (ultimate value) are more important than any draft pick in any round, in any year. This angst about "I'm just not sure Miller is worth that draft value" is misplaced IMHO. I have a 25 lottery tickets for this Wednesday's powerball. Is that more valuable than the $50 I spent? NOT at all.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Still in shock over this trade. What a move by us. I think some people that don't like it really haven't watched him play this year or ever. He's still elite and he will be motivated. And he will face single blocks every game for the first time in his life. And we will likely resign him for at least another year. There were a lot of skeptics about the Ramsey and Stafford deals. Look how those worked out. This won't be any different. And no reason to worry about draft picks. We still have 3rd and 4th rounders. When you make picks like Tutu Atwell in the 2nd, it should show you how overrated draft picks can be. Take the proven elite talent and production and go try to win a super bowl now. I love it.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yep Robert Rochell does show some promise but has spent much of this 2021 injured & still not healthy.

As far as my fondness for Darious Williams it's gone. I know he is injured but when he was healthy his on-field performance was. :crap:If Rochell gets healthy he will kick this DC Morris version 2021 CB Darious Williams to the bench. Williams will be a UFA in March.

CB David Long is nothing better than a reserve Nickle at best. He can not play outside. Since Ramsey sees so much Nickle-type action I see no reason to not trade long-off for a needed draft selection to a team who needs a Nickle right now. I would keep Donte Deayon over Long & Williams.

Tell me which Ram safety we have is making plays & putting forth a good effort in run & pass support each Sunday?
Yeah safety play has been less than desirable. Less Rapp deep and more Rapp towards line of scrimmage helps it a ton unfortunately Scott hasn't been a lot better when taking that role in the backfield. Fuller I think has been better the last three games albeit not stellar like his rookie year. Hopefully the pass rush and a healthy Rochell/Williams keeping Long off the field will help. I don't think Williams has been THAT bad just hasn't been the big play version he was last season.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The Rams be able to send waves of effective rotation pass rush from the edges.

Miller is absolutely an addition to chase, harass and help contain Kyler Murray. I said as much in the trade thread and i'm sticking to it.
The pass rush rotation will be incredible. They can rotate Miller, Floyd and Lewis. A bit of Obo for a different style. They can have a serious edge rush with AD on the bench. Murray and running/ moving QBs including Rodgers will be under constant threat.

And also create new mismatches with a four man rush. They can overload the secondary. Major four man rush and major coverage. Rams could rush four, play Jones at LB, and have six backs. Who cares now if teams run, they'll never outscore us that way. Or all out rush with five or six.

We have just given Morris the ability to be seriously creative.

This is really going to be fun to watch.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I was at work earlier, and did not have online access. But when I saw this I was not surprised! I have some friends that are Broncos fans, and I swear I have been teasing them about this possibility.

I think Von still got something left in the tank, and can still keep that containment outside

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Still in shock over this trade. What a move by us. I think some people that don't like it really haven't watched him play this year or ever. He's still elite and he will be motivated. And he will face single blocks every game for the first time in his life. And we will likely resign him for at least another year. There were a lot of skeptics about the Ramsey and Stafford deals. Look how those worked out. This won't be any different. And no reason to worry about draft picks. We still have 3rd and 4th rounders. When you make picks like Tutu Atwell in the 2nd, it should show you how overrated draft picks can be. Take the proven elite talent and production and go try to win a super bowl now. I love it.
Not to mention that even when the Rams miss on a move they tend to get past it and keep winning. Organizationally they're just on a different level than the unwashed masses.

I don't know how they do it man. I was worried about Center this year as well as whether Corbs would deliver. Line looks great. Wasn't sure Jefferson would develop, well he's arriving right now and it's why DJax is all butthurt. Brock leaving created a hole well that's ok as a group the Rams' rotation has done a good job of replacing him. JJ is probably the only loss that is hurting us but we'll see maybe they get Rapp and Scott playing well enough to solve that one too.

So I'm done with the hand wringing personally. Just going to enjoy these guys putting together "Rams are all in they have no future now" shots every year. Goddamn it feels good to be where we are.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
He isn't costing us cap room it appears. We sold our picks and got Miller in return. They picked up his salary outside of the minimum.

But yeah, I dont care for it, but I get it. If it was for 3rd & 4th I could take it better.

Then again is he worth an Atwell and Earnest Jones...even if its for one yr?

I guess I don’t get your question. If the Rams don’t extend him; how does he cost us Atwell or Jones?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Let’s don’t forget that there might be 2 more moves coming in the next 24 hours.

DJ is a goner for sure, hopefully in some kind of trade.

And Rams still have $5-7M available for a modest move to acquire a solid S or maybe a blocking TE that they like.

Les might still have a couple of moves left up his sleeve.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Love it, obviously. The resident draftniks never like giving up picks so i get that reaction, it makes for boring drafts.

What i love about this is, it's not like the Rams had a massive pass rush hole opposite Floyd.

T.Lewis has me eating crow on staying healthy this year(3 sacks, 4 TFL, 1 FF).
Obo has half a season to try to earn another contract somewhere else(1.5 sacks, 1 TFL, 1 FF).
Hollins who will return from injury(2 sacks, 1 TFL, 1 FF).

The Rams will be able to send waves of effective rotation pass rush from the edges.

Miller is absolutely an addition to chase, harass and help contain Kyler Murray. I said as much in the trade thread and i'm sticking to it.

I don't care much about the picks. As someone else said they know what they're doing. Five years of team success while moving top picks says so.

More pass rush baby. I'm fired up! Hey @Loyal
iu

That's a killer gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Let’s don’t forget that there might be 2 more moves coming in the next 24 hours.

DJ is a goner for sure, hopefully in some kind of trade.

And Rams still have $5-7M available for a modest move to acquire a solid S or maybe a blocking TE that they like.

Les might still have a couple of moves left up his sleeve.
Doesn't have to be in next 24.
When teams can't get anything back for some of the players that they want to unload.. much like Rams possibly with DJax.. they'll dump them.
If they fit what the Rams want, they'll be in position to take advantage.