Demoff on Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Ya because Singletary proved he is a great coach. Oh wait no he didnt

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Can we please stop with the strawmen ... few if any of us expect them to win every week. Few, if any of us, expected them to win the Super Bowl this year. However, expecting the offense to be better than #32 out of 32 teams, and maybe being (GASP!) around the league average was hardly unreasonable. And yet here we are, with the offense being dead freakin' last. We've had pretty decent health, few major injuries, and they are still at the absolute bottom of the barrel - as I said, worse than that of the Cleveland Browns, who have less talent than the Rams. It's simply inexcusable, and expecting it to get better under Fisher is expecting different results from doing the same thing.
You can rant and be pissed or what ever you choose just know that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean jack squat to anyone but you. I was just trying to give you some insight to what I see and feel, you know a discussion with other fans.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Exciting first halfs don't win games. Let the first tweek be dumping Fisher and the second the rest of the coaching staff except Singletary.
Fisher is going nowhere no matter how many times people on the internet scream it. Did you read the article from Wyche?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
2012: 18.7 PPG (25th) (Schotty) 7-8-1
2013: 21.8 PPG (21st) (Schotty) 7-9
2014: 20.3 PPG (21st) (Schotty) 6-10
2015: 17.5 PPG (29th) (Cignetti) 7-9
2016: 15.5 PPG (32nd) (Boras) 4-7 soon to be 4-11

By all means extend Fisher's contract and double his salary.

Talking about the relocation:
So I guess it's OK for my kids to fail all their classes this year because we moved?
Poor babies, they get great accommodations, first class food, first class trainers, a location where there are many fun things to do, and everyone of them are making big bucks. The move has NOTHING to do with their crap record. And to say the specter of moving. WTF? Were they cowering in a corner wetting their pants thinking about moving? Give me a freaking break. This is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a long time, outside of politics.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No, i

No, I expect him to fire him, now.

962d444b4765dd266ed02b3ea72a9e32.jpg

Couldn't help myself... Especially after the 007 marathon over Thanksgiving

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Did you read the article from Wyche?
No Matter which side of the argument your on.
Nobody should take what Demoff said too seriously.
If a decision has been made either way he wouldn't be putting it
out now.If they are going to extend Fisher, now is not the time to announce it.
If they are going to fire Fisher they are certainly not going to say anything before it happens.
No reason for anyone too get excited.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Who wrote that crap?

I know right? As if WHERE you practice makes a difference if you'll play like a good football team or not. And oh my! Jeff and the team had to fly on airplanes clear from St Louis to Los Angeles during the off season. Can you imagine how that will force you to forget how to play football, or forget how to prepare for a football? Or forget when to properly use time outs or challenges!

Those are ridiculous things for Demoff to even say. "Jeff moved. He deserves to have "another" losing season."

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
2012: 18.7 PPG (25th) (Schotty) 7-8-1
2013: 21.8 PPG (21st) (Schotty) 7-9
2014: 20.3 PPG (21st) (Schotty) 6-10
2015: 17.5 PPG (29th) (Cignetti) 7-9
2016: 15.5 PPG (32nd) (Boras) 4-7 soon to be 4-11

By all means extend Fisher's contract and double his salary.

Talking about the relocation:
So I guess it's OK for my kids to fail all their classes this year because we moved?
Poor babies, they get great accommodations, first class food, first class trainers, a location where there are many fun things to do, and everyone of them are making big bucks. The move has NOTHING to do with their crap record. And to say the specter of moving. WTF? Were they cowering in a corner wetting their pants thinking about moving? Give me a freaking break. This is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a long time, outside of politics.
It's worth reading the Wyche article that is posted on this thread

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I know right? As if WHERE you practice makes a difference if you'll play like a good football team or not. And oh my! Jeff and the team had to fly on airplanes clear from St Louis to Los Angeles during the off season. Can you imagine how that will force you to forget how to play football, or forget how to prepare for a football? Or forget when to properly use time outs or challenges!

Those are ridiculous things for Demoff to even say. "Jeff moved. He deserves to have "another" losing season."

Or maybe he was working over time, having extra meetings, having to attend extra events, making sure everyone was on the same page, and taking his time away from what really mattered. Not an excuse. Just an observation.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Some of you guys have gone off the deep end with your Fisher hate.

It's become quite obvious that nothing Fisher does or will do will be given the benefit of the doubt by those of you who want him gone.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
That's not Fisher hate. That's Fisher using up all of his benefit of the doubt. At this point, he has to outperform just to get back to even.

Short of winning out, no, you're right, there isn't anything he can do in the next few weeks that can outweigh his performance over the last 5 years.

You make it seem like expecting performance is irrational. Far from it, with the resources he's been given, Fisher has had a more than adequate opportunity.

His failure is on him. We are not irrational for either pointing out his obvious failings or wanting those failings to cease.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

It's become quite obvious that nothing Fisher does or will do will be given the benefit of the doubt by those of you who want him gone.

That's not Fisher hate. That's Fisher using up all of his benefit of the doubt. At this point, he has to outperform just to get back to even.

Short of winning out, no, you're right, there isn't anything he can do in the next few weeks that can outweigh his performance over the last 5 years.

You make it seem like expecting performance is irrational. Far from it, with the resources he's been given, Fisher has had a more than adequate opportunity.

His failure is on him. We are not irrational for either pointing out his obvious failings or wanting those failings to cease.

What Mackeyser said ^

It's not Fisher hate. It's holding Fisher accountable.

By and large, the posters on this board do a good job to make their case, with facts, figures, and well-considered opinions. There is very little, if any mindless bashing of him. Is there a lot of criticism? Yes, but it's warranted given the Rams continued losing record and their absolutely dismal performance on offense.

If the Rams were 7-4 instead of 4-7, you might have a point. But I suspect there would be far, far less criticism of Fisher if the Rams were 7-4 right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh not really buying its Fisher's fault that the players aren't playing up to potential. Groh has had a good impact on the offense and may take over. Boras is over his head and doesn't seem to know how to make in game adjustments but there was no one else coming to take that job last year.

I don't know what to tell you, Bart. It seems like you don't expect anything out of Fisher. To say it's not the head coach's fault that the players he's responsible for developing aren't playing up to potential is absolutely ludicrous to me.

That's his job. If my job was to manage McDonalds and my employees had no fucking clue what they were doing, I'd expect to get fired. It was my job to train them and make certain they understood how to do their jobs.

Fisher has failed in that regard. Stop passing the buck. It falls entirely on his shoulders.

And let's not forget that Boras being in over his head the year after another internal hire, Cignetti, was in over his head falls 100% on Fisher. These are the people he chose. Don't give me BS about nobody wanting the job. The Rams made no effort to find anyone. They brought in a guy I quite liked (DeFilippo) but didn't even consider him for the OC job. They had already handed Boras the job from Day 1. They only looked for a passing game coordinator to work under Boras.

I'm tired of the excuses. Fisher made the decision to hire both Cignetti and Boras as OC. He made little effort to consider anyone else for the job. This is a problem he consistently has had over his career. He has favored promoting from within for his coordinator jobs and it has bitten him in the ass repeatedly. What has saved him during his career is hiring his friends in the league who are quite good at what they do (ex. Gregg Williams and Mike Heimerdinger). Unfortunately, Heimerdinger died. When you look at Fisher's OCs in Tennesee and LA, he's made a ton of blunders.

Frankly, Schotty was hated around here, but he was far better than Boras and Cignetti.

I don't want Goff to be forced to carry Fisher's ass. That's not fair to him or this team. If this team is smart, they'll get a coach who will bring the best out of Goff. They won't extend the personification of mediocrity in hopes that Goff can carry his ass like Steve McNair did.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You don't get the benefit of the doubt for life. I gave Fisher the benefit of the doubt for 4 years. By the end of the 4th year, he had used up all that benefit. Fisher has done NOTHING to earn the benefit of the doubt.

And when you stop giving him the benefit of the doubt, you start recognizing that the man doesn't learn from his mistakes and continues to make bad decisions that harm this team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder why no OC'S wanted that job?

That's the silly part. We have no idea if no OC wanted the job. In fact, I can almost bet there were OCs out there willing to take the job. I have a strong feeling a guy like DeFilippo would rather be OC here right now than coaching QBs in Philly.

The problem is that Fisher and the Rams never conducted a search for an OC. They gave Boras the job and conducted a search for a passing coordinator to work under him. And I am not surprised that no up and coming offensive-minded coach would want to work under Boras.

Hell, I think Groh was an incredible get all things considered. The guy seems pretty good at his job. It has to kill him watching Boras butcher this offense week in and week out.

Yet again, Fisher made a bad decision to promote someone from within.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know what to tell you, Bart. It seems like you don't expect anything out of Fisher. To say it's not the head coach's fault that the players he's responsible for developing aren't playing up to potential is absolutely ludicrous to me.

That's his job. If my job was to manage McDonalds and my employees had no freaking clue what they were doing, I'd expect to get fired. It was my job to train them and make certain they understood how to do their jobs.

Fisher has failed in that regard. Stop passing the buck. It falls entirely on his shoulders.

And let's not forget that Boras being in over his head the year after another internal hire, Cignetti, was in over his head falls 100% on Fisher. These are the people he chose. Don't give me BS about nobody wanting the job. The Rams made no effort to find anyone. They brought in a guy I quite liked (DeFilippo) but didn't even consider him for the OC job. They had already handed Boras the job from Day 1. They only looked for a passing game coordinator to work under Boras.

I'm tired of the excuses. Fisher made the decision to hire both Cignetti and Boras as OC. He made little effort to consider anyone else for the job. This is a problem he consistently has had over his career. He has favored promoting from within for his coordinator jobs and it has bitten him in the ass repeatedly. What has saved him during his career is hiring his friends in the league who are quite good at what they do (ex. Gregg Williams and Mike Heimerdinger). Unfortunately, Heimerdinger died. When you look at Fisher's OCs in Tennesee and LA, he's made a ton of blunders.

Frankly, Schotty was hated around here, but he was far better than Boras and Cignetti.

I don't want Goff to be forced to carry Fisher's ass. That's not fair to him or this team. If this team is smart, they'll get a coach who will bring the best out of Goff. They won't extend the personification of mediocrity in hopes that Goff can carry his ass like Steve McNair did.

Apparently you didn't read everything I posted I agree that the responsibility for this team falls to Fisher, and so does he. The difference is they have a different plan then you, Demoff laid it out. If that isn't clear enough for you I don't know what to tell you.

Hopefully you'll hang in there while Goff comes around, does Fisher get credit for drafting him?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

That's his job. If my job was to manage McDonalds and my employees had no freaking clue what they were doing, I'd expect to get fired. It was my job to train them and make certain they understood how to do their jobs.

Well, you're saying what I've been saying since the off-season.

I'm truly sorry we're on the same page cuz you're seeing what I saw which is that saddling Goff with Fisher is just...unfair. To Goff, the offense, the organization and the fans.

The choice from the org should have been: keep Fisher? Draft Wentz. OR Draft Goff? Fire Fisher.

Was pretty simple.

So here's hoping the organization realigns, gets Goff someone who can actually develop him and take this team to the next level.