Demise of the Rams Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The D is inconsistent. Lots of factors.
The pass rush isn't what it was last year and the coverage isn't what it was last year.
I mean.. both sacks were caused at least in part by coverage.. so they're contributing sometimes.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Im sorry you dont like what I have to say @Memento.

Without going into details, I’ll offer that it does not surprise me in the least that you’re the one with an issue.

Insert “chill’ here. Have at it.

I gave a chill to XXXIV as well. I do not like politically-framed arguments from either side. It has absolutely no place on a sports forum. Period.

…..

Legend
I gave a chill to XXXIV as well. I do not like politically-framed arguments from either side. It has absolutely no place on a sports forum. Period.
I’m sorry I’m not real good with the blue font thing on my phone but if you dont think I understand that general rule then I dont know what to tell ya. Ad I said it doesn’t surprise me at all that youd lurch at the opportunity to be correct here as we merely need to dangle a cause in front of you for a reaction… so guess I should’ve known better

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One thing I've seen/read different places is continued criticism of the ILBs.
It's weird. They've been pretty solid and at least as good as last year, if not better.
Seahawks invested a first rounder in Jordyn Brooks last year and he has less of an impact on a game than Reeder.

Rams approach to roster building is solid.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I am offended by the word “Demise”

unrealistic to me that this thread still has life in it.

can I get a check from Biden? I am offended after all. Can we have a ralley? Maybe take down a statue or something?

Why?

It's right there before you've typed a single word... "think before you post"

The minute you put Biden in this thread and then doubled down with the statue thing, you fucked up. Don't do it. Don't give in to the temptation... as the Mods have made crystal clear over the years... this is not the venue for that.

With a near limitless catalog of similes and metaphors out there... just pick ANY particular one without political overtones or political figures, post and then move on.

Just admit it that this isn't what we do here and move on.

Edit: finished reading the thread. Sorry @Dog , but YOU started with the political references and are only doubling down because you don't want to be held accountable. That's not how this works. We all play by the same rules. Calling out rule violations doesn't make anyone a snowflake or anything other than a person who would rather we avoid the 10Mth thread that's had to be closed because some poster can't keep his politics in his pants...

Let's just let Ram football be enough for this venue. D'accord?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think one big factor is the absence of John Johnson and the insertion of Taylor Rapp. That one player made a big difference in the effectiveness of the defense in my opinion.

…..

Legend
Why?

It's right there before you've typed a single word... "think before you post"

The minute you put Biden in this thread and then doubled down with the statue thing, you fucked up. Don't do it. Don't give in to the temptation... as the Mods have made crystal clear over the years... this is not the venue for that.

With a near limitless catalog of similes and metaphors out there... just pick ANY particular one without political overtones or political figures, post and then move on.

Just admit it that this isn't what we do here and move on.

Edit: finished reading the thread. Sorry @Dog , but YOU started with the political references and are only doubling down because you don't want to be held accountable. That's not how this works. We all play by the same rules. Calling out rule violations doesn't make anyone a snowflake or anything other than a person who would rather we avoid the 10Mth thread that's had to be closed because some poster can't keep his politics in his pants...

Let's just let Ram football be enough for this venue. D'accord?
Feel better Karen? Your dedication to lecture is commendable.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Feel better Karen? Your dedication to lecture is commendable.

That's fantastic!

You violate the rules, a long time well respected poster calls you on it in a neutral way... solely to reinforce the NO POLITICS rule... YOU go full Ramstalk with the pejoratives?

LOL.

I don't care what you call me, Dog. You were in the wrong, but you'd rather call me a Karen than just admit a simple fuck up and move on.

Sorry, dude, this is all on you.

Shuie3225

Starter
Imagine arguing over politics when we're all a bunch of flawed, corrupt apes running around on some arbitrary rock trying to find meaning because we happened to develop consciousness.

heic1214a.jpg

…..

Legend
That's fantastic!

You violate the rules, a long time well respected poster calls you on it in a neutral way... solely to reinforce the NO POLITICS rule... YOU go full Ramstalk with the pejoratives?

LOL.

I don't care what you call me, Dog. You were in the wrong, but you'd rather call me a Karen than just admit a simple fuck up and move on.

Sorry, dude, this is all on you.
What the fuck are you even talking about? It was clearly a joke. I dont care for politics and was in fact just making fun of politics. Get off you high horse man I am not seeking your approval. You’re going nuts over nothing.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What the fuck are you even talking about? It was clearly a joke. I dont even care for politics and was in fact just making fun politics. Get off you high horse man I am not seeking your approval. You’re going nuts over nothing.

Clearly a joke ?

Yeah, OK.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Damn it man.....I had managed to block them from my memory.....until now.

Well maybe Jared Goff will come to mind when The Rams play Detroit.Wonder what it would be like if he got his FIRST VICTORY EVER with out Sean Mcvay AGAINST Sean Mcvay?

Never mind let’s not & just know how good this Rams team is.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that was a wonderful derailment of meaningless banter.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This statistic means nothing
To Al DAVIS it did.

Just win baby. When will Jared Goff win a game without Sean Mcvay.

He is a NFL loser without him from that stat alone. You can add all the other STATS up ? Those mean whatever? I like Goff just think he is
put in a tough situation & The Rams we’re smart to trade him.
That all said The Rams defense is underrated around here.The DB group has the Top DB in The NFL.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Politics and Jared Goff in a thread about defense? What's next? Lets talk about how African Wild Dogs hunt. Those mutts are vicious. Kills their prey in less than a minute. Kinda like piranhas on dry land. Reminds me of last year's Rams defense. This year's defense is more like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Politics and Jared Goff in a thread about defense? What's next? Lets talk about how African Wild Dogs hunt. Those mutts are vicious. Kills their prey in less than a minute. Kinda like piranhas on dry land. Reminds me of last year's Rams defense. This year's defense is more like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fun fact: Missouri has a wolf sanctuary which contains a few African wild dogs. They’re basically rehabilitating the animals for life in the wild, and what’s more, all of the funds and purchases go to care for the animals (red wolves, mostly, but also foxes and the aforementioned wild dogs).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Fun fact: Missouri has a wolf sanctuary which contains a few African wild dogs. They’re basically rehabilitating the animals for life in the wild, and what’s more, all of the funds and purchases go to care for the animals (red wolves, mostly, but also foxes and the aforementioned wild dogs).
Those dogs are impressive they way they communicate with each other during the hunt. They pick out their prey and know how to separate it from the herd. Dogs that don't need as much will let the others eat first. Mothers will go back to their pups and regurgitate to feed them.