Defensive coordinator search

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
BTW IMO I think this DC change was coming with or without Morris being hired.
Not true.

Edit: I take it back. Maybe it is true.
But IMO McVay sabotaged Morris getting a head coaching job last three years so he could stay longer. Finally, though, after pressure from Snead McVay was forced to let Coach Rah go.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
BTW IMO I think this DC change was coming with or without Morris being hired. I think Kroenke is behind this because he's spending millions and getting a mediocre defense in return.
Wishful thinking... hell of a drug. Dependence is sh*t though. Watch out for the shakes.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
hard to imagine rams didn't know Morris was probably leaving and gave some thought on what kind of defense they want and who is gonna coach it. another fly on the wall moment.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it ends up being Staley.

One thing Jourdan noted after the Superbowl win was how un-deliberate the Rams were in making decisions. There were some mitigating factors like in FA with the Miller dabacle and pivot and the urgency to fill coaching positions with a truncated timeline but she implied that McVay was like, never again.

I suspect this will be a lengthy process before we get our D coordinator for next year.
The luxury of time isn’t something McVay has when it comes to hiring a DC. There are several teams looking for a DC. Options could dwindle fast.

That was a part of the problem when he had to fill vacancies after the Super Bowl. There weren’t many good options left, and McVay got rid of a lot of coaches the following offseason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not true.

Edit: I take it back. Maybe it is true.
But IMO McVay sabotaged Morris getting a head coaching job last three years so he could stay longer. Finally, though, after pressure from Snead McVay was forced to let Coach Rah go.
Have you read that this happened or just believe that it happened? If so, then how did he sabotage Raheem?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW IMO I think this DC change was coming with or without Morris being hired. I think Kroenke is behind this because he's spending millions and getting a mediocre defense in return.
Your trolling is reaching newer and newer heights each day.
There is less than zero evidence of any sort to make such a ridiculous statement. I would never expect you to admit you were wrong on something but jeesh, insulting the owner who brought the team to such prominence instead of doing so is just low.

Psycho_X

Legend
Your trolling is reaching newer and newer heights each day.
There is less than zero evidence of any sort to make such a ridiculous statement. I would never expect you to admit you were wrong on something but jeesh, insulting the owner who brought the team to such prominence instead of doing so is just low.
Come on, he knows a person who's related to someone who is married to a coach on some college team. He's heard that Kroenke got tired of chaining Morris up so that Pleasant could create the game plans during the weeks the defense played good.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think I'd prefer a new guy who is hungry. Someone McVay can be more hands on with the defense but also trust him to run the defense. Wilson might fit that.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think I'd prefer a new guy who is hungry. Someone McVay can be more hands on with the defense but also trust him to run the defense. Wilson might fit that.
1706463407523.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope not, I am rooting for Dennard Wilson I believe he is ready and his specialty is Secondary. Wilson would be my guy.

The things I’ve heard about Staley on the Athletic podcast a few weeks ago, diminished any concerns I’d have about Staley returning as the Rams DC.

The only reservation is that with so many teams using the Fangio defense, then maybe it’s time to change things up.

However, the Rams defensive players and coaching assistants are all comfortable with Staley’s concepts. Plus the roster may be missing some key pieces to make a scheme change quickly. So Staley would be a seamless transition.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Wilson is my current favorite since we can't get Evero. Any part of that Ravens defensive scheme is a good get IMO. That scheme is just money right now.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The things I’ve heard about Staley on the Athletic podcast a few weeks ago, diminished any concerns I’d have about Staley returning as the Rams DC.

The only reservation is that with so many teams using the Fangio defense, then maybe it’s time to change things up.

However, the Rams defensive players and coaching assistants are all comfortable with Staley’s concepts. Plus the roster may be missing some key pieces to make a scheme change quickly. So Staley would be a seamless transition.
I'm on the same page here.
I think focused solely on the D.. and working with McVay.. he could be successful again.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wilson is my current favorite since we can't get Evero. Any part of that Ravens defensive scheme is a good get IMO. That scheme is just money right now.
With Mike McDonald moving on, that could lead to Wilson being the DC in Baltimore too, but again, we will have to see how this plays out when the dust settles.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With Mike McDonald moving on, that could lead to Wilson being the DC in Baltimore too, but again, we will have to see how this plays out when the dust settles.
I presume Hewitt has that locked up. EDIT: unless he gets a DC gig elsewhere. Seems he has interviewed elsewhere.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Have you read that this happened or just believe that it happened? If so, then how did he sabotage Raheem?
I was showing how people can say anything they want. Sometimes we get opinions substituting facts. And I gave a ridiculous opinion based on nothing but even so it has equal value to the original post which was based on nothing.