Defensive coordinator search

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I wonder if the Rams could pry Evero with a draft pick?

Would seem plausible… and, since he’s already getting HC attention.. you’d get the pick value back, in all likelihood.
I’m talking a 4th or lower.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is where the definition of success becomes murky.
Not really, guys who only lasted a couple years before being fired arent successfull.
5-10 years with same team, multiple playoff seasons etc. Legit head coach
I figured the career stopgap guys like Wade would be mentioned

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Would seem plausible… and, since he’s already getting HC attention.. you’d get the pick value back, in all likelihood.
Well, they don't have their 4th; and. I don't know that a 5th would get it done.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian Bilick of the Raves, but i think he might have been a consultant. That’s the closest that comes to mind.

If Staley comes back it wouldnt be as a successful HC. Lol.
Billick was never a coordinator again after his HC gig
Wade Phillips. Norv Turner. Jim Caldwell. Ron Rivera. There's been some successful coaches that have jumped back and forth
Rivera didnt go back to coordinator after his HC gig. Caldwell didnt coach again after losing the Detroit gig. Norv and Wade? Nah.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Seems a bit crazy to me. First, he's under contract with Carolina so they cant even interview him.
I imagine he's tied to Burns. Im sure the coaching candidates they interviewed for the HC position were informed that they werent planning on letting him go, so I cant see them turning around and doing so. Alas, there are plenty of good candidates out there that wont cost a 4th round pick
I still think he's in play for the Seattle gig as well

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Seems a bit crazy to me. First, he's under contract with Carolina so they cant even interview him.
I imagine he's tied to Burns. Im sure the coaching candidates they interviewed for the HC position were informed that they werent planning on letting him go, so I cant see them turning around and doing so. Alas, there are plenty of good candidates out there that wont cost a 4th round pick
I still think he's in play for the Seattle gig as well
All good points.. and he’s still, in my mind, the best fit.
He excells at his job & the Rams know him well.
Staley would be my #2, probably.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jourdan said the Rams will at least ask on Evero but made it sound like that's about as far as it will go as Tepper doesn't want to let D staff go as they were the only good thing about the Panthers last year.

Staley's been contacted but there will be competition for his services.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

His Cowboys website blurb:

Aden Durde returned to the Dallas Cowboys in 2021 as the team's new defensive line coach after beginning his NFL coaching career in Dallas as a coaching intern from 2014-15.
In his first season at the helm of the defensive line, Durde's unit produced 23.0 sacks and harangued opposing quarterbacks with consistent pressure on 237-of-684 opponent dropbacks - third-most in the league in 2021, per Pro Football Focus. The unit suffered a setback when star defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence broke his foot following Week 1 and missed the next 11 games, forcing the line to shuffle and come up with creative ways to rush the passer. The setback turned into opportunity, as rookie linebacker Micah Parsons took on more of a role at defensive end and flourished as a pass rusher, accumulating a franchise rookie-record 13.0 sacks.

Prior to Dallas, Durde spent three seasons with the Atlanta Falcons under former Falcons head coach and current Cowboys defensive coordinator, Dan Quinn, where he was first a coaching intern (2016), then as a defensive assistant (2018-19) and finally the outside linebackers coach (2020). In 2020 two Falcons linebackers surpassed the century mark in tackles - Foyesade Oluokun (team and career-high 116) and Deion Jones (105 - second) - while Jones' career-high 4.5 sacks also led all team defenders. Additionally, Durde filled in as the team's defensive line coach at Minnesota (10/18/20) when both of the Falcons two defensive line coaches (Jess Simpson and Tosh Lupoi) did not travel for the game due to COVID-19 precautions. In 2019 Durde assisted in overseeing a defensive line unit that was anchored by Grady Jarrett and Tyeler Davison. The Falcons defense held opponents to 103.5 rushing yards over the final eight weeks of the season, which ranked 10th in the NFL. Additionally, the Falcons tallied 21.0 sacks over the final eight games - tied for 10th in the league during that span.

Durde joined the Falcons after serving as the head of football development at NFLUK, where he helped guide the International Player Pathway program. Working with Super Bowl champion and former Falcon Osi Umenyiora, Durde helped four international players, tight end Alex Gray (Atlanta), defensive end Alex Jenkins (New Orleans), defensive end Efe Obada (Carolina), and linebacker Eric Nzeocha (Tampa Bay) transition to practice squads in 2017. Prior to his work with NFLUK, Durde spent training camp with the Falcons as part of the Bill Walsh NFL Diversity Coaching Fellowship in 2016. He also worked as a coaching intern for the NFL's fellowship program with the Cowboys during training camp in 2014 and 2015. Durde also served as the defensive coordinator of the London Warriors for six seasons.

Durde played linebacker in NFL Europe for six years with the Scottish Claymores and Hamburg Sea Devils and was a member of Hamburg's 2007 NFL Europa World Bowl XV Championship team - the final championship in the European league history. He also spent time on the practice squads of the Carolina Panthers and Kansas City Chiefs.

A native of North London, Durde and his wife, Kate, have two sons, Kane and Dylan.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Btw it's a shame they shut down NFL Europe. They had some cool teams.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Don’t we need a DL coach? A DC who has that background might be beneficial.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t we need a DL coach? A DC who has that background might be beneficial.
And he could bring in a young version of himself he's been grooming. I like this guy the more I read about him.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53

Aden Durde - a great "The Usual Suspects Name" - Dean Keaten, Keyser Soze, Fred Fenster, Verbal Kent

If true, it's nice to see some DL coaches get consideration. Usually, DCs get promoted from LB or secondary. Don't know anything about this guy but working under Quinn has to be a good thing.