DRAFT Day one: Rd 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Let's not forget that we have some trade assets that might sweeten the pot in a way that picks can't... Tutu and AJ (though AJ prob only if it's a tackle).

It's not a lot but may get us over the top on a trade up.

All this talk about a trade up and we trading down though probably.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Gotta be honest though, don't see how we compete with 49ers for one Nabers or Odunze when they're putting Aiyuk up as part of the trade.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
It would be pretty insane to trade up 9 spots looking at the value chart, let alone more:

Jets receive: a 2024 first-rounder (No. 19 overall), a 2024 second-round draft choice (No. 52 overall), and a 2024 third-rounder (No. 99)

Rams receive: a 2024 first-rounder (No. 10 overall)

Time will tell

WestCoastRam

Legend
Is anyone on the east coast gonna get royally screwed when we trade out of 19 into the 2nd round?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah if Bowers is the target it means they are more worried about Kupp than they are letting on. Might mean bad news medically, which is possible the way the Rams keep a tight cap on shit.

But any of those top 3 wideouts makes us a much better team than adding another slot.

Personally I think if they move up it will be for LT. Historically that's the position you move heaven and earth to get. That and QB and ours must be protected. Also as it pertains to weapons for said QB, well, this is a hell of a receiver class.

Not gonna lie though, adding a receiver would be very sexy. :laugh3:
Kupp looks pretty healthy in the work out vids they have shown of him and Puka. He is, however, not young and has been injury prone lately.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The key for me with him is that he wasn't asked to carry the offense. So what teams are doing is projecting he will be able to carry their offense at a higher level of ball, where defenses are better and more nuanced and prepared.

So I feel like I'm on crazy pills seeing rumors that he's ranked up there with guys like Maye and Daniels. Doesn't mean he won't hit. He may end up being a fine NFL QB. But I think it matters in where you slot him on your board which means what resources you are willing to give up to get him. He is this year's Young, i.e. he should be a round 2 QB but he won't go round 2 because he's a likeable kid and he has the talent teams want to see, so they fall in love with the player and will reach for him.

But Maye in comparison routinely had the offense on his shoulders. Roasting in that pocket looking downfield. Reading threats and making hot throws. Daniels too. Daniels has a bit more of a jump to him in terms of he often can't wait to bail out of the pocket (which will be his challenge as I have mentioned prior) but the dude can hit the long passes like a champ. Both have questions to them but both produced at a high level given what they had around them. And for all the flak Penix gets the offense was "Michael needs to make a play" and he did that, to the tune of getting them to the title game.

You can remove Penix from Washington's offense and they'd be lucky to make the top five. Remove McCarthy from Michigan and they'd still probably win the title. To me this stuff factors in to this level of decision. Or it should.
Couldn't have said it better.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
'Two words: Fuck. No.
We don't know what Stafford has told them. For that matter, we don't know what the doctor has told the Rams. Maybe there's a surprise like AD. Kelly may want him safe.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Is anyone on the east coast gonna get royally screwed when we trade out of 19 into the 2nd round?
Their argument last time they had a first and traded out was they didn’t see much drop in talent. This year is perhaps more so once you get past a relatively small group of players

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion