DRAFT Day one: Rd 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams are NOT moving up for a QB. I bet they don’t even draft one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2hrs…

Time Clock GIF by MOODMAN

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a confession. I have been too busy to follow the draft this year. So I have no insights to offer this weekend.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Odunze makes way too much sense. They met with him at least once if not twice. He's Puka's former team mate. And he can fill that X role and has ability to do much much more. Add to that 3 and 4 WR are much more likely than 2 TE for McVay. Just my 2 pesos
everyone talking about Bowers doing it all when Odunze can do it all from anywhere

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I have a confession. I have been too busy to follow the draft this year. So I have no insights to offer this weekend.
The good news: glad to hear that your job is going well.

The even better news: at least we don’t have to endure his interminable waffling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
3 hours till we pick Joe Alt! ~ @Merlin
Told the wife I'll be watching the first round from the start this year so I am not to be disturbed or fucked with. She's like "why when you don't have a pick." Talk about conditioned. :laugh4:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

This is interesting:

6 NYG
plan A: Want to move up to 3 for Maye. Don’t think NE will agree to move, but that’s what I hear NYG wants most.
-Plan B: Odunze. I’m told they’re not gonna risk another OBJ/K. Toney situation.

Meaning it might be Nabors who falls? I'd be interested in that certainly.

Also, pretty sure OBJ worked out for them.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Don't worry, my friend; I've been following the draft for you!

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just like with Bowers the problem with him is he is a slot. And we have Kupp in that role owning that shit. Maybe he can be effective vs some draws at X. But yeah I'd rather see a guy who you know will compete game in and game out at that spot, otherwise slide down and/or take a wideout in round 2 or 3. The outside the hash studs are the ones who go high. Rest of these guys, sorry to say, are a dime a dozen in this draft.
I know we've disgreed on Bowers in the past and I hope the Rams are actually pursuing Odunze but I can at least see the argument that you try to find a way for Bowers and Kupp to coexist even if it's not the most min/maxed offense for 1-2 years and then Bowers is your big slot/swiss army knife for years to come.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Was the idea that Nabors was considered WR 1 in the draft a smokescreen for so many teams so they could actually get Odunze 2 all along?!?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Odunze makes way too much sense. They met with him at least once if not twice. He's Puka's former team mate. And he can fill that X role and has ability to do much much more. Add to that 3 and 4 WR are much more likely than 2 TE for McVay. Just my 2 pesos
Odunze has been my thought since the rumor dropped that they had met with him AND were prepared to aggressively go after Mike Evans in free agency.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I know we've disgreed on Bowers in the past and I hope the Rams are actually pursuing Odunze but I can at least see the argument that you try to find a way for Bowers and Kupp to coexist even if it's not the most min/maxed offense for 1-2 years and then Bowers is your big slot/swiss army knife for years to come.
Yeah if Bowers is the target it means they are more worried about Kupp than they are letting on. Might mean bad news medically, which is possible the way the Rams keep a tight cap on shit.

But any of those top 3 wideouts makes us a much better team than adding another slot.

Personally I think if they move up it will be for LT. Historically that's the position you move heaven and earth to get. That and QB and ours must be protected. Also as it pertains to weapons for said QB, well, this is a hell of a receiver class.

Not gonna lie though, adding a receiver would be very sexy. :laugh3: