Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
EBF6B14D-3ACA-4D19-B83A-20D58BBC0C03.jpeg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Why are people talking about New York right now?

NYC has had about 2500 cases in the last week. Obviously, still not good, but yeah. Combined with the rest of the state they're looking at roughly 5,000 cases in the last week.

Not especially good, but with a population of 27,000 per square mile, it's not a great shock to see the virus hitting the city hard, especially as people resist public health safety standards such as wearing masks.

Now lets look at Arizona, a population density of 45 people per square mile, or Texas at 104 people per square mile... Florida is higher at about 354 people per square mile, pretty populous state there.. Those states have had, 24,000, 41,000, and 47,000 cases respectively in the past week.

Yes, NYC was hit hard and the numbers still aren't anything to boast about, but there are much bigger problems than NYC right now. They are relatively low in terms of cases by themselves, and even with NY state all together they're behind places like Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana among others, these are much less populous states, even in their cities, and at this point we should be well aware of safety standards to not be having these numbers. Nobody else is.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Lol, I noticed you deleted your earlier reply with inaccurate info.

As I assume you know, up until just recently there has been a “patchwork” of differing rules regarding enforcement of mask wearing on planes. Many instances of customers complaining they had to sit for hours on planes next to ppl who refused to wear masks— despite supposed “rules” against this.

So yeah, I’m thankful for the so-called “Karen” flight attendants who showed enough backbone to confront passengers who refused to wear masks.

And yes, when nationwide we see hundreds of thousands of idiots refuse to wear masks in crowded, cramped indoor spaces, there will indeed be thousands of unnecessary deaths as a result.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was in a Wal Mart the other day, wearing my old mask, yes, it's old, gets decon treatment on my dash board by the sun every day and in comes 150 hispanics with NONE of them wearing a mask. I know they may be new to the area, happy to be in a store that has full shelves and varied products readily available so maybe not thinking so much about Covid and maybe just haven't gotten the word so much about the dangers? It is somewhat puzzling at this late stage of the game for not one of them having a mask on. Could the employer or the one busing them to the store not provide them with masks?????? This has been a major reason for a spike in cases in my area. And no one is much talking about it. And I've noticed preventions slacking off in my workplace as well. I guess that is the life of the "essentially expendable" during a pandemic.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
looks like some potentially influential voices are coming out over the last 24 - 48 hours in support of wearing masks in public. Hopefully, the public at large listens to these voices and responds with their actions going forward. It shouldn’t have taken this long to get consistent messaging out there, but I’ll take late over never.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Lol, I noticed you deleted your earlier reply with inaccurate info.

As I assume you know, up until just recently there has been a “patchwork” of differing rules regarding enforcement of mask wearing on planes. Many instances of customers complaining they had to sit for hours on planes next to ppl who refused to wear masks— despite supposed “rules” against this.

So yeah, I’m thankful for the so-called “Karen” flight attendants who showed enough backbone to confront passengers who refused to wear masks.

And yes, when nationwide we see hundreds of thousands of idiots refuse to wear masks in crowded, cramped indoor spaces, there will indeed be thousands of unnecessary deaths as a result.

Actually the post was 100% accurate but thought I would not lower myself in response to your ignorant post. You seem to be an expert anyways.:rolleyes:

Yes, I am a professional who is well versed on the current rules, regulations and procedures regarding the requirement of wearing masks with air travel. Your take on the Flight Attendants confronting passengers is really just a display of ignorance for the position and the regulations (law) the FA's are required to follow. Ultimately, it is my responsibility. But maybe I am missing something within all the secure documents we are not allowed to share and is unavailable to the public. Will you please share with me the exact rules, regulations and procedures that are unavailable to you?

I really suggest you do not fly until the vaccine is developed and if there never is one, drive. Some people do not deserve the privilege of air transportation.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

Just to be clear, so did I. I didn't know the term "Karen" is a new trigger.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Now I'm confused. Karen is an insult, right? That seems to be how my kids use it.

Karen - adj. A term to described butthurt women, usually white women; typically seen driving Chevy Suburbans by themselves; often calls managers over petty items; unusual complexity in hair style.

Ex.) My friend called for the restaurant owner to complain about a group of friends cheering during the football game in the bar section. She's a total Karen.

karenimg.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Thanks @Angry Ram - that was my impression.

So - @SWAdude I'm confused. What was "Karen" about the woman who has to give birth wearing a mask? Is it "Karen" to want society to mask up during the pandemic? Is it petty?

It seems that the mask topic is shifting - is there anyone here who thinks that they should not be worn (or maybe better worded - that they should not be required to be worn?)

bluecoconuts

Legend
If y'all don't have cool masks, that's your own problem.

I have a dope Boba Fett mask and another Phoenix Rising crest from the Rebel Alliance unit that Luke Skywalker served with.

Just cause y'all are a bunch of dorks with your regular or medical masks on don't mean the rest of us don't look good.

Boba-Fett-Mask-SGO1604014_fma_fl3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.