Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If y'all don't have cool masks, that's your own problem.

I have a dope Boba Fett mask and another Phoenix Rising crest from the Rebel Alliance unit that Luke Skywalker served with.

Just cause y'all are a bunch of dorks with your regular or medical masks on don't mean the rest of us don't look good.

Boba-Fett-Mask-SGO1604014_fma_fl3.jpg
I like the soiled underwear model mask. Nothing says shock humor like that!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Karen - adj. A term to described butthurt women, usually white women; typically seen driving Chevy Suburbans by themselves; often calls managers over petty items; unusual complexity in hair style.

Ex.) My friend called for the restaurant owner to complain about a group of friends cheering during the football game in the bar section. She's a total Karen.

karenimg.jpg
So it’s a misogynistic, racist term??? Who knew?

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
looks like some potentially influential voices are coming out over the last 24 - 48 hours in support of wearing masks in public. Hopefully, the public at large listens to these voices and responds with their actions going forward. It shouldn’t have taken this long to get consistent messaging out there, but I’ll take late over never.

The guidelines are pretty basic.

In my area I see most following the guidelines. I wear a mask when appropriate and for respect of others and their feelings.

I am also not going to judge any strangers who do not wear a mask. I do not know what challenges they may have and find it to be just poor manners to think I do.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Now I'm confused. Karen is an insult, right? That seems to be how my kids use it.

It was a joke dude. I think it is just another new silly insult.

Sarcasm.

None of us dudes can imagine the torment of child birth.

No.....she is not a Karen. :rolleyes:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I was in a Wal Mart the other day, wearing my old mask, yes, it's old, gets decon treatment on my dash board by the sun every day and in comes 150 hispanics with NONE of them wearing a mask. I know they may be new to the area, happy to be in a store that has full shelves and varied products readily available so maybe not thinking so much about Covid and maybe just haven't gotten the word so much about the dangers? It is somewhat puzzling at this late stage of the game for not one of them having a mask on. Could the employer or the one busing them to the store not provide them with masks?????? This has been a major reason for a spike in cases in my area. And no one is much talking about it. And I've noticed preventions slacking off in my workplace as well. I guess that is the life of the "essentially expendable" during a pandemic.

Yup
My Mexican brothers are gonna be the last ones to don the mask.
The whole macho man thing runs pretty deep with the them, I’ve experienced it all my life. Especially at my ranch, dudes acting like cowboys with absolutely zero clue. There was a few times I’d invite one of them to deal with a 70” tip to tip longhorn and it was pure comedy seeing them in the pens with them - all that macho bullshit disappeared in seconds.
So yeah - they are gonna get hit hard.
Their culture of machismo is out of control

Edit: i had a crew of Raider (i.e. Cholos) fans doing demo on my place in SB and they refused to wear masks even when they were pulling out the asbestos flooring, it got so bad the surfer spicoli-esque plumber was pleading with them to wear masks and even offered to go buy them for them (this was all pre-Covid) and they blatantly refused. The surf plumber broke down all the respiratory issues they would have and it didn’t phase them at all

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yup
The whole macho man thing runs pretty deep with the them, I’ve experienced it all my life. Especially at my ranch, dudes acting like cowboys with absolutely zero clue. There was a few times I’d invite one of them to deal with a 70” tip to tip longhorn and it was pure comedy seeing them in the pens with them - all that macho bullshit disappeared in seconds.

Edit: i had a crew of Raider (i.e. Cholos) fans doing demo on my place in SB and they refused to wear masks even when they were pulling out the asbestos flooring, it got so bad the surfer spicoli-esque plumber was pleading with them to wear masks and even offered to go buy them for them (this was all pre-Covid) and they blatantly refused. The surf plumber broke down all the respiratory issues they would have and it didn’t phase them at all
And I think you have to take that into account with any conversation concerning COVID #s and comparing the US to Europe. It just isn’t the same variables involved.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Lest we forget that the objective of the staying home and other precautions was to flatten the curve, as not to overwhelm the medical system. The virus will run its course. Sorry to be a turd, but...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, FWIW, I'm off this week and finally was able to get a haircut, informed my barber, she was a sight for sore eyes. She clipped one of my strings on my mask, I guess going forward, holding them is better when someone has clippers.

I have several, so no worries and I'm so happy, I went with the old 35-10 haircut, tapering the sides and back and high & tight on top.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
:poop::poop:s getting ridiculous. The unknown bogeyman is taking control.

CDC

I was never convinced, and this more proof. Smh

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
One problem I see with the demands to wear a mask is that they have done nothing to ensure people can get quality masks. The only ones you can get are garbage and I doubt they help at all. If you have giant gaps between your face and the mask. It's not going to do anything. It's like electricity. The air you breath in and out is going to follow the path of least resistance and isn't going to travel through the filter materials.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One problem I see with the demands to wear a mask is that they have done nothing to ensure people can get quality masks. The only ones you can get are garbage and I doubt they help at all. If you have giant gaps between your face and the mask. It's not going to do anything. It's like electricity. The air you breath in and out is going to follow the path of least resistance and isn't going to travel through the filter materials.
All I can say about it is that had everyone stuck with wearing masks and adhering to social distancing, at least if the numbers began spiking again that factor would/could have been ruled out. Here in NJ it just seems like once re-opening began, the mask wearing dropped off. Being that we didnt see numbers spike after all the riots and protests started, (and there was little to no social distance or masks) it appears to me that there may be another factor in play for the spread. Sadly, that isnt being considered since the focus shifted back to masks. Wish that variable wasnt loose

CeeZar

Rookie
All I can say about it is that had everyone stuck with wearing masks and adhering to social distancing, at least if the numbers began spiking again that factor would/could have been ruled out. Here in NJ it just seems like once re-opening began, the mask wearing dropped off. Being that we didnt see numbers spike after all the riots and protests started, (and there was little to no social distance or masks) it appears to me that there may be another factor in play for the spread. Sadly, that isnt being considered since the focus shifted back to masks. Wish that variable wasnt loose

It seemed to me that a majority of the people in the protests were masked, 70% maybe more. But when your packed in and yelling, screaming, chanting, etc. the masks certainly help but not quite like wearing a mask shopping at the grocery store.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Yup

As a Mexican-American living in New Mexico where almost everyone is wearing masks, I found this post to be funny

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Seems like people in my area thought everything is ok when things started opening up. A couple months ago I would go into the grocery store and about 75 percent of the people would be wearing masks. Then the re-opening starts and that same grocery store looks more like about 25 percent are wearing masks. Its like people thought this thing was over or something.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was thinking of this today. If everybody had quality masks, actually wore them properly, and acted like they had at least a little common sense, we could open the entire country up. Why aren't masks being handed out at every street corner if they are seemingly a key to getting through herd immunity without overloading the medical care system?????????? It's somewhat puzzling to me that just about everybody can walk around with a $800 phone but we can't seem to have enough masks?????

Status
Not open for further replies.