Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Nobody said anything about released intentionally, just to be clear

now I’m even more curious. I guess I just assumed that motive was a big part of the rationale for believing that it was man made.

if the theory is accidental release, I’m even more compelled.

quit being coy and tell us all what is going on here.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Please, no Covid politics in open discussion. Use a private room if you'd like to go there.

Thanks my friends. Also i appreciate the mostly civil discussion on a topic as polarizing as this has become.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At that time we were having weekly meetings at work with close to 80 people in the tech ops room. And as far as we know nobody got sick. I would say that based on the rate of spread it is not very easy to catch covid.

That just means nobody had the virus in the room. It can't be spread if it's not there.

Just look at all the information out there. It points to the fact that the virus spreads very easily. Unless you think every country in the world is lying about the amount of cases they have.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Do you really think military virus testing is published to the public for perusal? These scientists have no idea what's going on in military labs.

It's not about seeing behind the doors, they can study the virus and see that it's not man-made due to it's structure and formation. Basically if it were man-made, it's either been made by an evil super villain that knew something that nobody else did based on nothing but his own brain, or nature did it's thing, because that's what nature does.

You can cook up whatever you want behind closed doors, but once it's out to the public and everyone can get an eye on it, the rest of the world will start getting into the details, and some of them we simply don't have the technology to hide regarding man-made vs natural.

CeeZar

Rookie
The CCP (Chinese Communist Party) is highly motivated to advance the narrative that the original spread of this was natural occurrence in a wet market. There is actually not great evidence that this is true but it was certainly the original story promoted by the CCP. The level of responsibility, and loss of face, of an escape from a lab vs. a wet market is tremendous. The lab theory was mentioned in some circles early on and there seemed to be a concerted effort to conflate "escape from a lab" with "made in a a lab" in a way that made it easy to dismiss the lab theories as conspiracy theories.

Probably only a handful of people know, if any actually know, if this outbreak started in the wet market or a lab or somehow else. I haven't actually seen any evidence that horseshoe bats were available at the market despite the early stories of bat soup. Meanwhile, there are two virology labs in Wuhan and at least one or both were studying horseshoe bats and has several strains of coronaviruses. Of course they are all full of denials, but what would one expect when it is known that the punishment from the CCP will be harsh.

There isn't really much public evidence that it escaped from a lab either. So perhaps we will never know. But its not like this hasn't happened multiple times in China in the past.

SARS escaped Beijing lab twice
China's SARS cases sound alarm over lab security
70s Chinese pandemic was a lab mistake
SARS Crisis Topples China Lab Chief

bluecoconuts

Legend
The CCP (Chinese Communist Party) is highly motivated to advance the narrative that the original spread of this was natural occurrence in a wet market. There is actually not great evidence that this is true but it was certainly the original story promoted by the CCP. The level of responsibility, and loss of face, of an escape from a lab vs. a wet market is tremendous. The lab theory was mentioned in some circles early on and there seemed to be a concerted effort to conflate "escape from a lab" with "made in a a lab" in a way that made it easy to dismiss the lab theories as conspiracy theories.

Probably only a handful of people know, if any actually know, if this outbreak started in the wet market or a lab or somehow else. I haven't actually seen any evidence that horseshoe bats were available at the market despite the early stories of bat soup. Meanwhile, there are two virology labs in Wuhan and at least one or both were studying horseshoe bats and has several strains of coronaviruses. Of course they are all full of denials, but what would one expect when it is known that the punishment from the CCP will be harsh.

There isn't really much public evidence that it escaped from a lab either. So perhaps we will never know. But its not like this hasn't happened multiple times in China in the past.

SARS escaped Beijing lab twice
China's SARS cases sound alarm over lab security
70s Chinese pandemic was a lab mistake
SARS Crisis Topples China Lab Chief

They don't believe that it originated from the market, but they do believe that some early cases went there and that's where some initial outbreak happened.

In terms of knowing if it was man made or not, finding the origin isn't necessary, when people can look at the virus itself they can see if it was made in a lab or in nature. If it were made in a lab then it was made with brand new technology that nobody else has with information that not only was new, but contradicted expectations and previous medical knowledge. That's how they know it didn't come from a lab.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well here’s my problem, their reaction was over the top secrecy, usually when one tries to suppress information...it’s for a reason

Then again, the last time I recall one’s actions after an “event” pointing to absolute foul play (or coverup) dude was acquitted of a double homicide, circa early 90’s

and basically that’s all I really have, the ole actions speak louder than words thingy...from my POV, it’s huge, unless one shoots a reasonable hole in that assessment

PS: @XXXIVwin, thanks for being a good sport yesterday, we had a rather large company event and I was sorta making merry at the time, we really need more peeps like you around here.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't think it was created in a lab. I think they found it and were probably studying it in a lab and they had a monumental fuck up that allowed it to get out and spread.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it was created in a lab. I think they found it and were probably studying it in a lab and they had a monumental fuck up that allowed it to get out and spread.
Exactly, and then they tried to hide it and tell the world it wasn't serious.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well here’s my problem, their reaction was over the top secrecy, usually when one tries to suppress information...it’s for a reason
I thought of this immediately.
SEI_71325260.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
For those who think it’s man made - released accidentally or released intentionally?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Don't think we'll ever have accurate numbers tbh one way or the other on the severity. We just can't trust the people reporting and collecting the data.

why can’t we trust the people collecting and reporting the data again?

because they will underreport it or over report it? Or both?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think the people in charge don't know what to report, what to recommend or how to deal with it. So far it's don't wear a mask. No wait you better wear one. But stay home. No don't stay home. Oh shit stay home...

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
why can’t we trust the people collecting and reporting the data again?

because they will underreport it or over report it? Or both?

Seriously one thing I can promise you is absolutely no one on this thread...or apparently our news outlets have a complete understanding of just wtf has happened... of course there’s no shortage of expert opinions

i can’t blame anyone for believing the reporting thats being put forth considering my first 59 years of existence I actually trusted the MSM...59 freaking years!

To answer an earlier post from you, it’s my opinion ( fwiw) that this was an accident by the host country, not a malicious strike

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Seriously one thing I can promise you is absolutely no one on this thread...or apparently our news outlets have a complete understanding of just wtf has happened... of course there’s no shortage of expert opinions

i can’t blame anyone for believing the reporting thats being put forth considering my first 59 years of existence I actually trusted the MSM...59 freaking years!

To answer an earlier post from you, it’s my opinion ( fwiw) that this was an accident by the host country, not a malicious strike
I think odds are that is the case. If there was any evidence to the contrary, I think you would be seeing a whole alternate set of events happening by now. China probably screwed the pooch and tried to cover up their error. It's all about saving face in that part of the world.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
That just means nobody had the virus in the room. It can't be spread if it's not there.

Just look at all the information out there. It points to the fact that the virus spreads very easily. Unless you think every country in the world is lying about the amount of cases they have.

In my county of 750,000 there are about 3,000 confirmed cases, with many of those coming in the past 3 weeks or so. That represents less than 0.5% of our population. If I spent about 1.5-2 hrs a week sitting within 6 ft of 2 people that had covid, if they had covid, dont you think I would have gotten it? And if I caught it and then spent 30 mins a day in close proximity to many coworkers and then 1.5 hrs once a week with about 80 coworkers all in close quarters that someone would have caught it and had symptoms? I interact with 4-8 customers and their families 4 days a week and am often asked if I know anyone that has/had covid. I mention my parents possibly had it, but they're the only ones. And only 1 customer knew of anyone that has had covid, of course this person tested positive but didnt have any symptoms. And they didnt pass it along to anyone in their household. It just seems to me that if it were as easy to catch as we have been told, why is it infecting so few people? We were told that it was easy to spread and a certain death sentence. Both of which have been false, dont get me wrong I am glad it wasnt what it was advertised as. But when are we going to quit acting like covid is killing millions of people? Many of the deaths that are reported as covid, werent caused by covid, it was just that the person tested positive for covid, while dying from one of many different causes. But hospitals get extra $ if a patient has covid or goes on a ventilator and if they inflate the numbers enough the media can run with it. Yes cases are going up, but deaths are going down, making the survival rate without a vaccine better than 99%. Not quite the pandemic we were told it was just a few months ago. Any death is bad, but when a person was on hospice before they caught covid, did covid really kill them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.