Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Did anyone read about a withdraw from the WHO?.
Yes, probably needed to be done to send a message and give that organization a reset.
Here’s an update to a graph I posted about a week ago, comparing new cases in the USA vs. new cases in the European Union. Granted, “fatalities“ is a more important statistic than “new cases”. But with a huge surge in new cases, deaths tend to follow.

The discrepancy is only going to get WORSE in the weeks ahead. The EU is flatlining and the USA is skyrocketing with no end in sight.

View attachment 37256

To those with whom I respectfully disagree in this thread:
I’m a “fan” of the USA just like I’m a fan of the Rams. I don’t take pleasure in these awful numbers— just the opposite, it’s frightening and disturbing. [During the Fisher era, I loved the Rams but questioned the decisions made by leadership. By the same token, during this crisis, I want only the best for the USA, but seriously question the decisions made by leadership.]

One has to twist oneself into a pretzel trying to explain away this graph. As we move into the coming months, is there really any question as to which region— the EU or the USA— is going to fare better?

We’re all football fans here. We all appreciate the simplicity of the scoreboard. It’s a freaking blowout.

Never know, this will make it quicker to herd immunity so...........................

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Here’s an update to a graph I posted about a week ago, comparing new cases in the USA vs. new cases in the European Union. Granted, “fatalities“ is a more important statistic than “new cases”. But with a huge surge in new cases, deaths tend to follow.

The discrepancy is only going to get WORSE in the weeks ahead. The EU is flatlining and the USA is skyrocketing with no end in sight.

View attachment 37256

To those with whom I respectfully disagree in this thread:
I’m a “fan” of the USA just like I’m a fan of the Rams. I don’t take pleasure in these awful numbers— just the opposite, it’s frightening and disturbing. [During the Fisher era, I loved the Rams but questioned the decisions made by leadership. By the same token, during this crisis, I want only the best for the USA, but seriously question the decisions made by leadership.]

One has to twist oneself into a pretzel trying to explain away this graph. As we move into the coming months, is there really any question as to which region— the EU or the USA— is going to fare better?

We’re all football fans here. We all appreciate the simplicity of the scoreboard. It’s a freaking blowout.

Comparing Covid 19 to the Fisher Era is awesome :LOL:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Anyone have any good ideas for schools?

Try your home

I home schooled both my kids
You end up with more responsible humans and one’s less apt to be swayed by the whims of others. You really don’t have to teach them anything - there are online curriculums that are accredited and they do the work. But it allows then time to get to know themselves and work on their confidence and hone their strengths and improve their weaknesses. Some people think they miss the socialization but that’s a bunch if hogwash, it’s actually the opposite. Sometimes when parents both work they think they need a babysitter - which is why so many like so many like dropping their kids off, like government day care. But the best route is to have them learn at home.
Highly recommended

The best thing about homeschooling is you get to observe them and help raise them more closely. I can’t stress how valuable that is for raising good humans

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Every new crisis, whether real or manufactured, brings the world closer to the "1984" type nightmare.

Our civil rights get picked away at bit by bit. Just so we can get used to the new normal, which is always worse than the previous normal.

We know what's coming. The new vaccine will have a microchip so we all can be easily tracked. 5G will be the tracker, every pole around the world will have an antenna sooner or later.

The new world order is coming and we aren't gonna like it.

I doubt that
You can always throw away your iPhone
You can always refuse a shot
You can grow your own vegetables and raise your own meat
You can grow your own weed
Brew your own beer
You can go 100% solar
Drill a well
I mean it’s still a matter of free will

If you want to live in a city, drink at a bar, wear the latest fashion, and buy your food from a drive up window, well then you’ve decided by default to put your life in the hands of others. If that’s the case it may feel like 1984 everyday.

But Kurt, you’re in Australia.
Grab a didgeridoo, strip down to your skivvies, grab some grubs from under a piece of old wood and get to it!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Try your home

I home schooled both my kids
You end up with more responsible humans and one’s less apt to be swayed by the whims of others. You really don’t have to teach them anything - there are online curriculums that are accredited and they do the work. But it allows then time to get to know themselves and work on their confidence and hone their strengths and improve their weaknesses. Some people think they miss the socialization but that’s a bunch if hogwash, it’s actually the opposite. Sometimes when parents both work they think they need a babysitter - which is why so many like so many like dropping their kids off, like government day care. But the best route is to have them learn at home.
Highly recommended

The best thing about homeschooling is you get to observe them and help raise them more closely. I can’t stress how valuable that is for raising good humans

I suspect we will be going that route - because we can. But many in our country have counted on the baby sitter model of schools. Mom and Dad both work (or single parent) and the kids are too young to be home alone.

I know they are searching for answers and there aren’t very good ones out there.

I believe where the dust will settle will be -

6-12 school is from home.

K-5, school is at school - and they will use high schools, middle schools and intermediate schools all for the young kids so that class sizes can be 1/4 of what they were.

Will be interesting to see how they plan to staff the whole thing. Are they going to quadruple the amount of k-5 teachers?

For homeschooling / virtual learning - there could be an opportunity here to improve education.

Imagine all 8th graders watching a video lecture from the best 8th grade science teacher in the country. They all get the same over arching lesson plan and then they have zoom small group discussions with their “teacher” who answers questions, goes over the assignments, discusses the lecture, etc.

Is that kind of the way these homeschool curriculums work?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I like to find some positive news on Covid 19 when possible. This informational points out daily confirmed deaths charted. This chart indicates the deaths from Covid-19 have remained steady & low in numbers versus the dynamic rise of cases. Please understand this charted information is not from me but sourced from European Centers for Disease Control/ CDC.

1594221792866.png

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I suspect we will be going that route - because we can. But many in our country have counted on the baby sitter model of schools. Mom and Dad both work (or single parent) and the kids are too young to be home alone.

I know they are searching for answers and there aren’t very good ones out there.

K-5, school is at school - and they will use high schools, middle schools and intermediate schools all for the young kids so that class sizes can be 1/4 of what they were.

Will be interesting to see how they plan to staff the whole thing. Are they going to quadruple the amount of k-5 teachers?

For homeschooling / virtual learning - there could be an opportunity here to improve education.

Imagine all 8th graders watching a video lecture from the best 8th grade science teacher in the country. They all get the same over arching lesson plan and then they have zoom small group discussions with their “teacher” who answers questions, goes over the assignments, discusses the lecture, etc.

And to add on to that, those in lower income and single parent homes will get first priority to go to the classroom. I don't think the common folk realize how many families depend on public school for their meals, let alone having internet access and a stable home environment to get shit done.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I forget, why do they want to put a chip in us to track us all again? I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy - I have just had a hard time lately getting on board with this one.

Is it so they can know our location? As if they couldn't find any one of us anytime they wanted to now (at least in the US). Your cell phone is a tracking device, and even without that - your digital signature is everywhere in this country. Cameras are everywhere and more and more continue to be put in. Not the old kind of camera where its connected to a VCR tape that gets recorded over every few days either. Privacy isn't real anymore. We gave it up with advancing technology and we gave it up much more than that with the Patriot Act.

So the reason I don't buy this whole chip implant thing is there just isn't anything in it for them - unless this chip is going to be able to read our minds, or worse yet - control them; or maybe act as a shock collar when we get out of line?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very interesting read. Schools and most business re-opened long before USA. Mask wearing requirements seem as lenient, if not more so than US. Death toll significantly higher than US though

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I forget, why do they want to put a chip in us to track us all again? I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy - I have just had a hard time lately getting on board with this one.

Is it so they can know our location? As if they couldn't find any one of us anytime they wanted to now (at least in the US). Your cell phone is a tracking device, and even without that - your digital signature is everywhere in this country. Cameras are everywhere and more and more continue to be put in. Not the old kind of camera where its connected to a VCR tape that gets recorded over every few days either. Privacy isn't real anymore. We gave it up with advancing technology and we gave it up much more than that with the Patriot Act.

So the reason I don't buy this whole chip implant thing is there just isn't anything in it for them - unless this chip is going to be able to read our minds, or worse yet - control them; or maybe act as a shock collar when we get out of line?

I'm all for the shock collar. A lot of humans absolutely need one ha.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And THAT is a good thing IMO. We're not going to move past this with the entire world hiding in their houses. If we want to get back to normal it's going to require enough people getting the virus and creating a buffer of immune non-vectors so that it will die down.

If we all hide in our houses for 2x years the virus will still be waiting, this thing is not going away. So let's face it. Let's fuckin party. (y)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And THAT is a good thing IMO. We're not going to move past this with the entire world hiding in their houses. If we want to get back to normal it's going to require enough people getting the virus and creating a buffer of immune non-vectors so that it will die down.

If we all hide in our houses for 2x years the virus will still be waiting, this thing is not going away. So let's face it. Let's fuckin party. (y)

And the hospitals being overrun? Shall we just party through that part of the problem?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

The only problem is who decides who is the best science teacher in the country?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Last I looked there are many pharma companies battling it out for an effective vaccine. Let’s wait to see what we get before going all doomsday scenario.

As soon as there is a vaccine - anyone who wants one will be able to get one

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The only problem is who decides who is the best science teacher in the country?

Yeah - and of course, thats not the only problem. There wouldn't need to be only one for the nation - there could be 100 of them - or 1000. The point being, have a master lecture on video and then have teachers work with the students based on that lecture.

I read a study sometime ago about how our method of education is backwards. That we lecture in person and then do homework individually - where it should be the opposite. Learn the material individually and then work through it together.

I'm not an educator - it just seemed like a good line of thought to me.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Last I looked there are many pharma companies battling it out for an effective vaccine. Let’s wait to see what we get before going all doomsday scenario.

As soon as there is a vaccine - anyone who wants one will be able to get one

No doubt the race is on - and has been.

Do you suspect the govt will buy the vaccine from the pharma co and give it to the people?

Status
Not open for further replies.