Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I really appreciate offer, to be honest I didn’t come up with my cynical opinion lightly and Im quite sure you’re firmly entrenched in yours, which is a good thing, it seems now days people are so hell bent on conforming others to their beliefs or else.

At the end of the day, neither opinion can be considered ”fact” at this time, I guess I want to see if I’m a wacko or not :ROFLMAO:

Cheers!

Well now I am curious. I wouldn't say I'm firmly entrenched in anything - I'm a cynic by nature. I do value facts over conjecture and I put more weight on experts than on laymen, but I've seen more than my share of experts be wrong, I've seen things that almost everyone agreed on turn on their heads, and I make a living arguing reasonable doubt.

So if you want to tell me (or even all of us) how you came to your opinion - I'm certainly all ears. And if not, then yeah - you're probably just a wacko. ;)

FWIW - I'm sure you know that the U.S. Intelligence Agencies have weighed in on the topic - I'd be doubly curious to know what would cause them to be in on the whole thing. Or maybe they have just been snowed?

CeeZar

Rookie
Impossible to get 100% of the people who come in? Absolutely correct.

But they could certainly grab and quarantine every passenger arriving on a flight pretty easily. They could also set up checkpoints on the highways coming in (somewhat less likely).

No they can't. There is no legal authority to just grab people and quarantine them absent an actual diagnosis. The best they can do is suggest that people self-quarantine.

Even if there was legal authority, they lack the facilities to do so. This is all some sick fantasy from a Governor that is responsible for the worst death rate in the world. This is the same POS that was requiring nursing homes to take back covid patients.

And remember what he said when NYC was the world's #1 hot spot and there was a rumor that New Yorkers would be quarantined.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
C’mon 12 you’re backing me in a hole, I don’t really want to go here, I don’t need to convert anyone so I’ll leave my pertinent reasons out, because at the end of the day they might lead to the dreaded ”P” word, and they always do, I’ll offer two very generalized takes;

1) If it looks like a Duck, Swims like a Duck, Quacks likes a Duck...then it probably is a Duck (how did the host country handle this in January, nothing but deceit, why do you suppose that is)

2) Since when do U.S. Intel Agencies pass out what they really believe to the Press? (ala Vito Corelone) lol

Only because you pressed but that’s as far as I’m going

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No they can't. There is no legal authority to just grab people and quarantine them absent an actual diagnosis. The best they can do is suggest that people self-quarantine.

Even if there was legal authority, they lack the facilities to do so. This is all some sick fantasy from a Governor that is responsible for the worst death rate in the world. This is the same POS that was requiring nursing homes to take back covid patients.

And remember what he said when NYC was the world's #1 hot spot and there was a rumor that New Yorkers would be quarantined.

There actually is legal authority - but I agree with you on lacking the facilities.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
C’mon 12 you’re backing me in a hole, I don’t really want to go here, I don’t need to convert so I’ll leave my pertinent reasons out, because at the end of the day they might lead to the dreaded ”P” word, and they always do, I’ll offer two very generalized takes;

1) If it looks like a Duck, swims like a Duck, Quack likes a Duck...then it probably is a Duck (how did the host country handle this in January, nothing but deceit)

2) Since when do U.S. Intel Agencies pass out what they really believe to the Press? (ala Vito Corelone) lol

Only because you pressed but that’s as far as I’m going

Fair enough - I'll lay off. But I am curious.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Setting all news outlets aside thus removing any personal fundamental association

And please spare reasons, explanations or regurgitated “studies” (for the love of God we’ve already heard them all)

Does anyone here believe this event was Man made primarily from a lab?

Id hope we limit answers to Yes or No ...and only yes or no (please) otherwise this may go downhill fast, no proof needed to validate your answer, no call for senseless debate, just a simple yes or no Or pass

My belief is Yes

Again, it bears repeating we have already heard from every conceivable side the 411 put forth, no call to be educated (on this thread that is) any further on this question while giving a simple one word opinion

Yes.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
curious if anyone’s opinion of this virus has changed at all over the last several months.

is it more serious than you originally thought? Not as big of a deal as you originally thought? We’re you right all along and we all should have just listened to you?

Does anyone actually change their mind about anything anymore or was that a thing of the past?

Not really, the way some Governors handled it has made me think even less of them. In my local county, San Joaquin, in northern CA people are all upset that the number of cases is going up even though the confirmed cases represent less than 0.5% of the counties population. It still appears to be deadly to a very small % of those that contract it, and it still seems to have little if any impact on a much larger % of those that contract it. I have a Dr. appointment today for a physical and I am going to ask him if he can have an antibody test done since I have to get blood work done anyways.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Well, our idiot governor just made masks manidtory in public places like stores....although that is not that well defined.
No tickets for citizens at this time.
Store owners will of course be compelled to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask.
Requiring a mask 4 months into this is like requiring a condom at the baby shower.

I have not been required to wear a mask in public yet. I'm also in CA and have the same opinion of our governor. Today in the grocery store the employees I usually interact with were just as friendly as they had been before masks were required even though I was 1 of maybe 18 customers without a mask. We need to just let this play out and be over with. The way I see it, since I'm not wearing a mask and someone thinks that is dangerous for them, they can stay away from me. I'm not going to be coughing on people or getting in their face, as far as I'm concerned that is enough to protect them from me. My parents believe they had covid back in January and it was diagnosed as a respiratory infection. I visited them about 3 times a week while they were sick, and as far as I know I never got sick. At that time we were having weekly meetings at work with close to 80 people in the tech ops room. And as far as we know nobody got sick. I would say that based on the rate of spread it is not very easy to catch covid.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Setting all news outlets aside thus removing any personal fundamental association

And please spare reasons, explanations or regurgitated “studies” (for the love of God we’ve already heard them all)

Id hope we limit answers to Yes or No ...and only yes or no (please) otherwise this may go downhill fast, no proof needed to validate your answer, no call for senseless debate, just a simple yes or no Or pass

My belief is Yes

Again, it bears repeating we have already heard from every conceivable side the 411 put forth, no call to be educated (on this thread that is) any further on this question while giving a simple one word opinion

Of course it was manipulated by man in a lab. There was never any doubt that man took a virus that could not infect humans and made it a hybrid by adding a genetic substance that made it possible to infect humans.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler

My belief is Yes

Yes.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Lol, you’re giving this old man way too much credit on how to begin a poll (as if)

sigh, I am what I am :giggle:

Speaking for myself and only myself (lol) I’m a little old school and still cling to the notion actions speak louder than words

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If COVID was man made and released intentionally - it would be an all out act of war. We are looking at 491,000+ dead with 120,000+ of those Americans with many more to come.

If our intelligence agencies really have come to the conclusion that this was the case (and are merely posturing publicly that they have come to the conclusion that it was not man made so as not to tip our hand) then I have to imagine the military is actively preparing for World War 3, and we should all be preparing for that eventuality as well.

Is that what you 'yes' votes are thinking is going on, here? That China (or maybe you are thinking someone else?) intentionally unleashed a bio-weapon against the rest of the world?

Am I overstating this in any way - I know OC didnt want to a discussion - but I can't help myself.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
If COVID was man made and released intentionally - it would be an all out act of war. We are looking at 491,000+ dead with 120,000+ of those Americans with many more to come.

If our intelligence agencies really have come to the conclusion that this was the case (and are merely posturing publicly that they have come to the conclusion that it was not man made so as not to tip our hand) then I have to imagine the military is actively preparing for World War 3, and we should all be preparing for that eventuality as well.

Is that what you 'yes' votes are thinking is going on, here? That China (or maybe you are thinking someone else?) intentionally unleashed a bio-weapon against the rest of the world?

Am I overstating this in any way - I know OC didnt want to a discussion - but I can't help myself.
Nobody said anything about released intentionally, just to be clear

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm as "This is a free country you can't infringe on my rights" as anyone else. But if everyone agreed to wear a mask I would think that would really lower the infection rate. I always wear mine when I go into a place of business. I do avoid public gatherings so that isn't an issue for me. The golf course is the only place I go for my entertainment and its easy to social distance out there.

Perhaps the government forcing people to wear masks is the wrong way to go about it. Some people are suspicious of government motives. Maybe a better idea would be to tell places of business to require a mask to enter their establishment. That way its the individual's choice not to go into that business if they're that adamant about not wearing a mask. They can always use online shopping or delivery services. Just don't make threats about punishing people if they don't wear a mask. All that does is piss some people off.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It's a free country, I can smoke wherever I want
It's a free country, I don't have to wear a seatbelt
It's a free country, I don't have to wear a mask during a pandemic

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.