Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Cases in the US have plateaued meaning we have a steady and fairly high number of new cases each day. Southern states opened up too soon and cases are spiking. Europe shut down tighter and longer than we did so fewer and fewer cases are being reported.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Here in AZ our numbers have only gone up and continue to go up every day, very few people here are taking it seriously at all, even now with people in my own community dying. There's been no slow here so I don't feel like we're almost done, and I know it's that way in other states too

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cases in the US have plateaued meaning we have a steady and fairly high number of new cases each day. Southern states opened up too soon and cases are spiking. Europe shut down tighter and longer than we did so fewer and fewer cases are being reported.

in some states there has been a big increase lately. Arizona hospitals are at full capacity with ECMO patients. Florida and Georgia are getting more cases. People think opening the economy means no masks. That's exactly opposite. If we are to be together then the masks are more important.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
With more testing, we get more positive results. Most people do not die from this, and even more people did not know they even had it. Originally we were told that millions of people would die in the US alone, but that hasn't been the case. At some point you just have to let nature take it's course, we can't live in a bubble for the rest of our lives.
I am always late to the party and had written a response. Just see mackeyser

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Stop it. That's absolutely not what was said.

What was said, and it is 100% correct, was that...and I'll bold it...IF WE DID NOTHING , then there could be millions of deaths.

But even as we did poorly, we did lots more than nothing and it made a huge difference.

You can't just ignore the effects of social distancing and isolation.

Reasonable people can disagree, but in order to argue in good faith, we can't go around misquoting or misrepresenting the facts and arguments of the other side.

And sure, we can't live in a bubble our entire lives, but just going all Leroy Jenkins and YOLO'ing isn't just unwise, but will lead to a lot of unnecessary deaths.

THIS. IS. WHY. WE. NEEDED. TO. TREAT. THIS. SERIOUSLY. FROM. THE. START.

Now, instead of having staged reopenings in a manner which still allows for public safety, the argument is that "well, this was screwed up from the beginning, but we can't damage the economy anymore, so F it.. whoever dies, dies, but we gotta get back to "normal".

I dunno, that's just far too callous for me.

Also, we have science and we use that to manipulate nature...literally ALL THE TIME.

But people still went to Walmart and caught it anyway. So shutting down everything else had little to no effect. Look at the rates of states in the US that didn't shut everything down, vs states that had draconian measures, and there is little difference. In fact, NY had the most extreme measures to "combat" the virus, and they had the most deaths.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Stop it. That's absolutely not what was said.

What was said, and it is 100% correct, was that...and I'll bold it...IF WE DID NOTHING , then there could be millions of deaths.

But even as we did poorly, we did lots more than nothing and it made a huge difference.

You can't just ignore the effects of social distancing and isolation.

Reasonable people can disagree, but in order to argue in good faith, we can't go around misquoting or misrepresenting the facts and arguments of the other side.

And sure, we can't live in a bubble our entire lives, but just going all Leroy Jenkins and YOLO'ing isn't just unwise, but will lead to a lot of unnecessary deaths.

THIS. IS. WHY. WE. NEEDED. TO. TREAT. THIS. SERIOUSLY. FROM. THE. START.

Now, instead of having staged reopenings in a manner which still allows for public safety, the argument is that "well, this was screwed up from the beginning, but we can't damage the economy anymore, so F it.. whoever dies, dies, but we gotta get back to "normal".

I dunno, that's just far too callous for me.

Also, we have science and we use that to manipulate nature...literally ALL THE TIME.
I agree. Brazil stopped counting at just under 400,000 deaths 2 weeks ago. They did nothing.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How long have these “current events” been going on? At some point does anyone make any sense of why there hasn’t been a dramatic spike? Must be those cloth masks ehh? Or the obvious social distancing

And you Science guys, I’d ask you take a step back, set politics or ideology aside, Science has literally screwed the pooch on this from day one.

I suppose my point is maybe, just maybe we might be heading down the backstretch here and the worst is behind us, and has been.

My bet is I’m pretty confident there will be a full season
My belief that our country is full of selfish ass holes, that can't see they are not just risking themselves by ignoring precautions has nothing to do with politics.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But people still went to Walmart and caught it anyway. So shutting down everything else had little to no effect. Look at the rates of states in the US that didn't shut everything down, vs states that had draconian measures, and there is little difference. In fact, NY had the most extreme measures to "combat" the virus, and they had the most deaths.

I live in mid-town Manhattan. NYC was hit hard and fast because of its density. It was brutal here.

NYS was losing almost 800 people per day.
The shutdown, masks and social distancing have worked.

17deaths yesterday.

Masks and social distancing work.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in mid-town Manhattan. NYC was hit hard and fast because of its density. It was brutal here.

NYS was losing almost 800 people per day.
The shutdown, masks and social distancing have worked.

17deaths yesterday.

Masks and social distancing work.
How many died in assisted care facilities, which Cuomo inserted sick patients back into? Let's not cook the books here, it was not just because of high density in NYC
"The deaths represent about a third of the more than 3,000 nursing home and assisted-living facility residents who have died of confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19, or about 25% of the deaths statewide. "

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sorry I don’t care how much you love football saying a global pandemic is not a big deal and football should still be played makes no sense. These football players might be at a low mortality risk but they have moms and dads, grandparents that I’m sure they spend time with, are they just suppose to stay away from them for 6 months So we can get off for 60 minutes on sundays?
Possible. I've stayed away from the in-laws for nearly 4 months now. That didn't mean I didn't talk to them, go to the store for them, see them in an outdoor setting. Yes, it's doable.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How many died in assisted care facilities, which Cuomo inserted sick patients back into? Let's not cook the books here, it was not just because of high density in NYC
"The deaths represent about a third of the more than 3,000 nursing home and assisted-living facility residents who have died of confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19, or about 25% of the deaths statewide. "
The fact that we have never seen our seniors die at such a high percentage from the flu might tell us something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not a whole lot of Covid football discussion beyond the first few posts, so i'm merging to the existing Covid19 thread in OFF TOPIC.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My belief that our country is full of selfish ass holes, that can't see they are not just risking themselves by ignoring precautions has nothing to do with politics.
Well if those precautions you speak of that inspires such a bright outlook on our country are not maintaining proper distancing than bravo sir, social distancing is imperative in a pandemic obviously

However if it also includes not wearing cloth or those blue cheapo masks that chaps your hide, I would respectfully recommend you look into a reputable source (not “experts“ on cable news) just how much these makeshift masks actually accomplish, it may save you unneeded stress my man

Cheers!

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
It's very simple, wearing a mask isn't for protecting yourself it's for protecting others.. So if EVERYBODY wears a mask then we all protect each other. And even a basic face covering is better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.