Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i guess when australia goes for a full two weeks without a new case.

or the vaccine comes out.

whichever is first.

We're halfway there. NSW has gone 7 days without a new case.

Big test coming though as restrictions have been relaxed a fair bit. Plus there's gonna be a rally in Sydney for black lives matter that will be a few thousand in numbers.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We're halfway there. NSW has gone 7 days without a new case.

Big test coming though as restrictions have been relaxed a fair bit. Plus there's gonna be a rally in Sydney for black lives matter that will be a few thousand in numbers.

I'm very interested in how the protesting will impact numbers. They're mostly younger crowds it seems, but that should be interesting data in the next few weeks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm very interested in how the protesting will impact numbers. They're mostly younger crowds it seems, but that should be interesting data in the next few weeks.

Had this exact convo with my boss this morning.

If there's no spike its damn time to reopen everything.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Tear gas and COVID seem to be a bad mix. ‘But yeah, if we see no spike, thats a very very good sign.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sounds like there can be a five week delay with these things. After infected, can be 2 weeks for symptoms to first appear...and then another 2-3 weeks for symptoms to get bad enough that ppl seek medical help.

Anyway, my point is we might not see any spike from protests until mid July.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like there can be a five week delay with these things. After infected, can be 2 weeks for symptoms to first appear...and then another 2-3 weeks for symptoms to get bad enough that ppl seek medical help.

Anyway, my point is we might not see any spike from protests until mid July.
If there isn’t a spike in the next 5-10 days there will be some splainin to do

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We got to the 14 day mark without a new case here in nsw. The mask came off when i went to the shops but the breathing techniques remained.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
In N.C., we have had our worst week yet in terms of hospitalizations and new confirmed cases - and we are still reopening in most areas.

there is fight ongoing about bars and gyms - which as of yet have been given the red light by the gov (vetoed legislation that would allow them to reopen)

I will give kudos to the courts - my clients have not been required to appear unless we are resolving the case and they are keeping people distanced. The jail, on the other hand, is screwing things up royally. No masks in there (except the lawyers) and now three guards have tested positive and the crap has hit the fan.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah it is going to be really hard to do this season. I hope it happens, man do I hope they do it because this country needs some damn distractions. But no idea how this is going to work. There WILL be a team that has an outbreak of it during the season. What happens then? Technically everyone in contact with them are supposed to quarantine for 14 days. What happens when we’re in week 7 and an entire team can’t play for two weeks? They probably played a team in the last week also so that whole team would technically need to quarantine too. Once you start thinking about the logistics it just doesn’t seem feasible if the NFL follows basic guidelines.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
If trump can hold a rally with tens of thousands of people in two enclosed buildings we can have football in arenas at 25% capacity. Just sign a waiver.

1592319406769.jpeg

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Calm down, people!

This is no big deal. Hell, half the people that get it don’t even know they had it.

These players are at virtual ZERO mortality risk.

Any fans that have compromised health issues should simply stay home and watch on their TV. Everybody else? Go see them live and enjoy yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.