Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I will NOT live in fear. I will continue to do the things I have normally done. To tell me to wear a mask, or stay at home is an infringement of my civil rights. Those that are scared of getting sick, you are the ones who should cover up and stay at home. If I get sick, I will either recover or die. So be it.

I will not live in fear, and no one can make me.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I will NOT live in fear. I will continue to do the things I have normally done. To tell me to wear a mask, or stay at home is an infringement of my civil rights. Those that are scared of getting sick, you are the ones who should cover up and stay at home. If I get sick, I will either recover or die. So be it.

Im curious.

So even out of respect for others that you may be exposing It’s that much of an inconvenience for you to wear a mask.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I don't know if it's been posted in this thread yet or not, but there are lots of connections between vitamin D deficiency and immune system vulnerability. It's been well researched for years, and you can find lots of information about it on the interwebs, but this is the best video I've found about it. Please know that I am not suggesting anyone rely on this information for their survival during this crisis, or claiming I've found a miracle cure, but it makes sense on many levels, including why darker skinned people are more at risk for viral pneumonia in general (not just coronavirus). It's not quack science either, it's been clinically studied -- I would go on but the best explanation is in this Doctor's video.

I'm NOT saying that coronavirus is a hoax. And, there have been lots of reports of quack doctors prescribing vitamins for Covid patients (including Vitamin C), so Vitamin D(3) is not really a miracle cure per se, but it just makes sense. Here's just one way it makes sense: people in ICU's won't get proper nutrition, and can't go outside in the sunlight, so how will they get any D3 (even the RDA levels, which are bare minimum requirements to prevent Ricketts) without some kind of supplementation? Are they even checked for vitamin deficiencies?

On top of all this, my wife just informed me there's a new article out about how the State of NY is attributing as many deaths as possible to Covid in order to gain more Federal funding. Some families are requesting autopsies simply because they don't believe their family member died of Covid -- some just had Alzheimers, which requires suction in order to swallow, so without this they choke & look like they have Covid, so they die & are labeled as a Covid death. Federal funding formulas are a serious problem, and are part of the reason why our education systems are failing (e.g. teachers stressing elementary students out about standardized tests, in order to boost performance to gain more federal funding for their school), but this takes it to a whole other level -- manipulating Covid data in order to get more funds. Not only is this abhorrently self-serving, but it also has an exponential detrimental effect on a state's economy. And one wonders if the additional federal funds will be used to fight Covid & help the unemployed anyways, the state of NY has been notoriously corrupt on every level for decades (just ask your local NY building contractor about permit inspectors....).

Which reminds me, why hasn't Vitamin D supplementation been touted as a first line of defense? because, folks, the big pharma industry absolutely HAS to have the say in how to cure this virus; in fact, the more people infected with it, the more money they will make. Funny thing is, coronavirus has already mutated into 30 different strains, so since innoculation is impossible at this point, the focus is now on how to prevent cytokine storms (see video) through a vaccination program, because it HAS to be a vaccination program. Simple nutrition CANNOT be the solution, because the self-serving pharma industry won't allow it. Sound like a loony conspiracy theory? Dr. Fauci, whose opinions everyone "universally respects", is on the board of the Gates Foundation, which has as one of its primary goals to establish a universal vaccination program. Lots & lots of conflicts of interest between Gates, the CDC, and big pharma.

I'm really sorry, I'll /rant, so please just watch this video & make your own conclusions:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7OI_5G5no

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I don’t know bubba,

I sorta like wearing the mask and gloves and social distancing. Here are some reasons below that might change your mind:

First - you can drink a couple beers and nobody knows

Two - you can check out a chick’s fine ass and lick you lips and she won’t know

Thirdly - rubber gloves keep you from touching handles that inferior humans have touched. Some dude may have caressed his nut sack then grabbed the handle - not down to share

Fourth - i like the Humungus from the road warrior and tthe Humungus wore a mask. Enough said

I like social distancing cause I don’t want freaks in my space - I don’t know how many times I have told a fellow human “get off me” - now it’s not necessary, what a blessing

Living in fear is one thing - living your best life is another! Peace

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The mask isn’t to protect you - it’s to protect others.

Our country hasn’t asked a lot of most of us living today. Over the course of history, Americans have been asked (and told) to go to war for their fellow countrymen.

We are being asked to stay home and wear masks when we are out. Even that is asking too much?

That feels like some weak ass patriotism to me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The mask isn’t to protect you - it’s to protect others.

Our country hasn’t asked a lot of most of us living today. Over the course of history, Americans have been asked (and told) to go to war for their fellow countrymen.

We are being asked to stay home and wear masks when we are out. Even that is asking too much?

That feels like some weak ass patriotism to me.

Yeah, you can still live not in fear and still respect the gravity of the situation.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
All very good points Dieter, and I have my supply of N95 masks and have been wearing them when I go into the market.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ok

Gilead Sciences show us just how good you are.

If. remdesivir is working, give up the formula to
pharmaceutical
companies around the World.

I won’t hold my breath.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well after six weeks, I finally got called back to work today (start Wednesday). I was blessed to get a paycheck during that time, and I even got my yearly raise judging by the deposit amounts.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm now required to wear a mask when I enter a customers home, looks like I will be doing less on installs than I had been doing. I will now avoid entering any home as often as I can. For the last 2 months it was up to me unless the customer requested I wear one, and I did when asked to. But 90% or more of the customers I interact with are not concerned with a virus that kills less than 0.05% of the people that get it. I understand the elderly and the immune deficient, but the fear mongers drive me nuts. The other day covid deaths were over 60k, now today I see they are down to 38k according to the CDC. Looks like the experts were right when they said covid was just another flu, its more easily transmitted but less deadly and in most cases doesnt even get people sick.

oldnotdead

Legend
I'm sorry but going rogue at this point when all these restrictions are beginning to work doesn't make sense. It's going to undo all that has been accomplished and make it worse for everyone. IMO it's no different than driving drunk. People can be carriers and not know it because they are asymptomatic. What about all those meatpackers? At one plant about 370 workers tested positive for COVID and all were asymptomatic. Yeah, people drive drunk and look at all the people that die from it and not just the drivers. If you want to risk your own life that is your decision but what if in doing so someone gets sick from it? All we are saying is that we need to stick together and protect each other.

Okay, I'm fortunate to have access to a beautiful spa. But if I didn't we'd be soaking in a tub with music and brews.....what's wrong with that? Have a cold brew Bubba and say F the world as you sit in your living room and everyone here will be with you on that.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Where are you getting the .05% mortality rate from? I think the numbers are way worse than that.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm now required to wear a mask when I enter a customers home, looks like I will be doing less on installs than I had been doing. I will now avoid entering any home as often as I can. For the last 2 months it was up to me unless the customer requested I wear one, and I did when asked to. But 90% or more of the customers I interact with are not concerned with a virus that kills less than 0.05% of the people that get it. I understand the elderly and the immune deficient, but the fear mongers drive me nuts. The other day covid deaths were over 60k, now today I see they are down to 38k according to the CDC. Looks like the experts were right when they said covid was just another flu, its more easily transmitted but less deadly and in most cases doesnt even get people sick.

That CDC info should be double checked. There was an asterisk- and it was an important one. They were purporting to only count COVID deaths that had a death certificate - a process that can take weeks. The numbers hadn’t gone down at all - just the methodology of how they count them had been changed. Now its been changed back because some people took it to mean that COVID was all of a sudden less deadly than they had thought. It isn’t - we are at 67,456 dead Americans per the CDC website as of yesterday. See CDC.gov for more

Yes, you can get it an be asymptomatic - or you can get it and get really sick and possibly die. Either way if you do get it - you will likely be passing it on to many other people you come into contact with. The mask significantly helps limit that part - it isn’t to protect you - its to lessen the spread if you do have it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yes, you can get it an be asymptomatic - or you can get it and get really sick and possibly die. Either way if you do get it - you will likely be passing it on to many other people you come into contact with. The mask significantly helps limit that part - it isn’t to protect you - its to lessen the spread if you do have it.

I wear a mask when I go to a store, doctor's office, etc. I'm not sick but I figure strangers would feel better about being around people when they wear a mask.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wear a mask when I go to a store, doctor's office, etc. I'm not sick but I figure strangers would feel better about being around people when they wear a mask.

You would think so - but I feel like I sometimes get the side eye for wearing mine. I'm not sick, but I could be an asymptomatic carrier, nonetheless.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

You sir are correct and it’s much appreciated by people like myself.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.