Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
Here is the truth, we are all going to die....100%. The only question is when.

Now back to the boobies thread.

oldnotdead

Legend
Well, results are in regarding Hydroxychloroquine where 28% of people on the regime died while only 11% under normal COVID-19 treatment regimes died. I know first hand before all this began that that stuff is dangerous. Please, my friends, do not experiment with it. The side effects and drug contraindications are severe. My sister in law had Lupus and I watched her suffer for years on that stuff. Finally, she told my brother it was better to die then live another year on that medication. If you have it destroy it. Don't flush it, but seek pharmacy help in destroying the pills.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Arizona's first road to recovery decision was made today.
As of May 1st elective surgeries will be resumed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Kansas governor says that business can't be re-opened until there is more extensive testing, yet she says that there aren't available tests to do it. Private sources say there are tests waiting to be purchased and used. Get on the stick, governor.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, results are in regarding Hydroxychloroquine where 28% of people on the regime died while only 11% under normal COVID-19 treatment regimes died. I know first hand before all this began that that stuff is dangerous. Please, my friends, do not experiment with it. The side effects and drug contraindications are severe. My sister in law had Lupus and I watched her suffer for years on that stuff. Finally, she told my brother it was better to die then live another year on that medication. If you have it destroy it. Don't flush it, but seek pharmacy help in destroying the pills.

No they are not. There are conflicting reports and testing. It may not work for this corona virus. That's unfortunate but hardly rises to the level for which you are calling.

What exactly were her side effects? I'm not saying it is a cure or even a minor answer. But let's not blow it out of our asses. It has been a very effective drug for millions of people for various ailments for decades. There was a logical connection to corona viruses and that may not be proving true. There are going to be a few more of these hopeful remedies before the one that works is found.

But I guess we should just wait a couple years while many die before we try anything that has a many decades long history or any that have basic connections.

oldnotdead

Legend
It caused kidney and liver damage leading to extreme abdominal pain with diarrhea. She suffered massive hair loss and mood swings. She couldn't sleep and when she finally would it was exceedingly hard to fully wake up for hours. She was too dizzy to walk and had to use a walker....she was 36 years old. She begged my brother to please let her die because being like she that was all in front of her young kids. My nephew is in his late 30's now but he still talks about how seeing his mother die bit by bit has scarred him forever.

Like I said in another post, you might as well play Russian roulette with a revolver. It won't prevent infection and in that case the so called cure is probably worse than the virus. The worst side effect is the possibility of causing heart damage. As a guy who has lived with heart damage since I was 30 that is something, you don't want.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Politics and the need to earn money will conflict with science and medicine.

“I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in his statement. “I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way.”

Sorry - but I believe the "transfer"? So he still has a job and a voice. The drug he's talking about was touted partially as also being incredibly cost effective. So maybe those against it have more to gain monetarily because theirs is possibly several times the cost per dose? Just posing that possibility.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It caused kidney and liver damage leading to extreme abdominal pain with diarrhea. She suffered massive hair loss and mood swings. She couldn't sleep and when she finally would it was exceedingly hard to fully wake up for hours. She was too dizzy to walk and had to use a walker....she was 36 years old. She begged my brother to please let her die because being like she that was all in front of her young kids. My nephew is in his late 30's now but he still talks about how seeing his mother die bit by bit has scarred him forever.

Like I said in another post, you might as well play Russian roulette with a revolver. It won't prevent infection and in that case the so called cure is probably worse than the virus. The worst side effect is the possibility of causing heart damage. As a guy who has lived with heart damage since I was 30 that is something, you don't want.
Then her doctor should have taken her off of it. Does this case make the regimen ineffective or not beneficial to many others? This or a few other cases do not make the regimen itself void of helping people and if you look into what it does, it would make sense that there is some corellation to the virus. There have also been many millions of people helped by the drug over the 50+ years it has been in use.

I feel for anyone negatively effected by drugs or pharmaceuticals. I know many. But to take a potential away from those who would have almost no time and those who have a problem that a medication is known to help, seems like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Each person has to decide whether or not a medication is right for them. I'm not going to blindly follow any path of treatment. We can and should make educated decisions about our health. I have COPD and Parkinson's disease so I am in the high risk population for death if I get Covid19.

CeeZar

Rookie
Mods, you may want to move this to the other thread. I started a new thread for this because I thought it was important and I think most people have checked out of that other thread.

My nephew is a nurse on the Coronavirus task force at a hospital in St. Louis. He works in the ICU so he only sees the worst cases. These are his words.

While it may be true that most people will not get super sick or even show symptoms to this virus, there are a few that will. What’s concerning is that it’s not just the people you’d expect (chronically sick, old, immunocompromised, etc.) I’ve seen many that are seemingly healthy get extremely sick and spend weeks on a ventilator. Some get better, some don’t. Here is what it’s like for that person:

They acquire the virus from someone who probably thought this was a hoax, someone who got tired of being isolated and they haven’t had symptoms so they must not be contagious, right? It lies in the system of the person for a week or so.

They start out with a dry cough and eventually decide to go to the hospital because it’s getting hard to breathe and the cough won’t go away. They say goodbye to their family and head into the ER. They are tested and sent up to the floor where they are put on oxygen and monitored closely.

The nurse talks to them and explains that they are to trying to limit contact with the patient to help limit exposure, so they won’t be in the room unless absolutely necessary. That means about 6-8 total visits from the nurse a day; 3-4 per shift. Pretty lonely.

They get the treatment but they begin to decline quickly, as I have seen with 90% of the patients that end up getting sick. They wear out and end up being put on a ventilator as their oxygen demand continues to rise. Maybe they get to talk to their family beforehand, maybe not.

They then are put on a host of drugs to keep them sedated and comfortable, oftentimes requiring paralytics to aid in ventilator compliance. This drops their blood pressure, requiring them to be put on a vasopressor or two to ensure that they are perfusing their vital organs. The vasopressor clamps down the tiny vasculature of the kidneys and ends up causing them to stop working. They are then put on a machine that continuously filters their blood for them, replacing the kidneys function.

They stay this way for a week or two, maybe three, racking up a huge hospital bill while they’re family is at home, worrying, telling the staff to do everything they can to save them.

Eventually the persons heart stops, either from hypoxia, electrolyte imbalance, or something along those lines. The staff calls a code blue and CPR is performed for awhile. They are pumped full of more drugs to try and restart their heart but unfortunately it doesn’t work, and the person dies.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Mods, you may want to move this to the other thread. I started a new thread for this because I thought it was important and I think most people have checked out of that other thread.

My nephew is a nurse on the Coronavirus task force at a hospital in St. Louis. He works in the ICU so he only sees the worst cases. These are his words.

While it may be true that most people will not get super sick or even show symptoms to this virus, there are a few that will. What’s concerning is that it’s not just the people you’d expect (chronically sick, old, immunocompromised, etc.) I’ve seen many that are seemingly healthy get extremely sick and spend weeks on a ventilator. Some get better, some don’t. Here is what it’s like for that person:

They acquire the virus from someone who probably thought this was a hoax, someone who got tired of being isolated and they haven’t had symptoms so they must not be contagious, right? It lies in the system of the person for a week or so.

They start out with a dry cough and eventually decide to go to the hospital because it’s getting hard to breathe and the cough won’t go away. They say goodbye to their family and head into the ER. They are tested and sent up to the floor where they are put on oxygen and monitored closely.

The nurse talks to them and explains that they are to trying to limit contact with the patient to help limit exposure, so they won’t be in the room unless absolutely necessary. That means about 6-8 total visits from the nurse a day; 3-4 per shift. Pretty lonely.

They get the treatment but they begin to decline quickly, as I have seen with 90% of the patients that end up getting sick. They wear out and end up being put on a ventilator as their oxygen demand continues to rise. Maybe they get to talk to their family beforehand, maybe not.

They then are put on a host of drugs to keep them sedated and comfortable, oftentimes requiring paralytics to aid in ventilator compliance. This drops their blood pressure, requiring them to be put on a vasopressor or two to ensure that they are perfusing their vital organs. The vasopressor clamps down the tiny vasculature of the kidneys and ends up causing them to stop working. They are then put on a machine that continuously filters their blood for them, replacing the kidneys function.

They stay this way for a week or two, maybe three, racking up a huge hospital bill while they’re family is at home, worrying, telling the staff to do everything they can to save them.

Eventually the persons heart stops, either from hypoxia, electrolyte imbalance, or something along those lines. The staff calls a code blue and CPR is performed for awhile. They are pumped full of more drugs to try and restart their heart but unfortunately it doesn’t work, and the person dies.

So there are like 20 to 80 thousand a year we lose in our country due to the flu. Do they die this same way?

Sincerely just curious.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
So after I pushed send on the above I thought I can try and find for myself. And found this. Very first thing that popped up.

Interesting comparison.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arizona's first road to recovery decision was made today.
As of May 1st elective surgeries will be resumed.
cause hospitals are now begging to be bailed out.................isnt capitalism great ?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
It needs to be fixed for people that can’t afford health care.

As in a most families that make under 100k a year.

The ashats that make the rules don’t give a shit. Because they can afford health care.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man it must suck not to have free hospital care or a medicare system. when is your country gonna get it's act together?

EastRam

Pro Bowler

man it must suck not to have free hospital care or a medicare system. when is your country gonna get it's act together?

That’s the million dollar question.

People even think that our elderly are provided for. Wrong.

The case workers at Medicare / Medicaid don’t even know how the system works. Each representative will give you a different answer to the same question. I’m speaking from years of dealing with the system trying to get care for my elderly parent

Most elderly and their families find out How bad the system is when they have to get help for their elderly parents, much less the people that work 1 or two jobs and don’t have any health care.

I could go on and on.

Hopefully it gets fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.