Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
That's a pretty big leap jumping from pandemic to apocalypse. No police or National Guard in that world ? How do neighbors know which others are better stocked, and how many bad guys are willing to die breaking into homes before they can steal your sandwich ?

Oh they will know. DO NOT underestimate survival instincts. You use them every day.

Why prep then if there is an adequate supply?

Prepping is all about lack of goods and services.

What would you do after a week without food and water for you and your children?

Hunt. And many others values WILL not align with yours.

Better be "Prepared" for the inevitable. Fighting for what you have.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh they will know. DO NOT underestimate survival instincts. You use them every day.

Why prep then if there is an adequate supply?

Prepping is all about lack of goods and services.

What would you do after a week without food and water for you and your children?

Hunt. And many others values WILL not align with yours.

Better be "Prepared" for the inevitable. Fighting for what you have.

Well, ... you still don't explain how they will know what's in their neighbors pantry. Hell, many neighbors in the city barely say hello to each other much less show an interest in each others lives.
An adequate national supply means little when most emergencies occur on a local or regional level. Forest fires, earthquakes and floods have been known to trap people for weeks at times, being prepared lessens the potential for disaster. As proven time and again by history, relying on the government to rescue us in a timely manner is only wishful thinking, so I prep. An adequate stock inventory today doesn't necessarily translate to tomorrow, especially if there is a workforce breakdown along the supply route due to illness, ... putting off what is easily had today for a later day is usually identified as lazy, procrastination, or a lack of care. Of course, funding may be a concern for some, although that's not really who is being addressed here.
I don't need to answer your question about what i'd do without food or water for a week or more as i've done my due diligence and prepared as earlier explained, and yes, i'm prepared to defend my home from attack if necessary, but at this point that's far from my current expectations and more in line with worst case scenario.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe they believe in ancient Egyptian mythology, have accepted death, and want to get a head start on the whole mummification thing? Don't judge. :p

Nah, they're just Fucking idiots. They think the zombie apocalypse is upon us.

It's just another flu virus. Put it on the end of the line with the other ones. The media frenzy had been something else though. You'd think the mortality rate was 100% the way they've been scare mongering.

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
We have 24 hours news on multiple channels, they have to take about something.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Well, ... you still don't explain how they will know what's in their neighbors pantry. Hell, many neighbors in the city barely say hello to each other much less show an interest in each others lives.
An adequate national supply means little when most emergencies occur on a local or regional level. Forest fires, earthquakes and floods have been known to trap people for weeks at times, being prepared lessens the potential for disaster. As proven time and again by history, relying on the government to rescue us in a timely manner is only wishful thinking, so I prep. An adequate stock inventory today doesn't necessarily translate to tomorrow, especially if there is a workforce breakdown along the supply route due to illness, ... putting off what is easily had today for a later day is usually identified as lazy, procrastination, or a lack of care. Of course, funding may be a concern for some, although that's not really who is being addressed here.
I don't need to answer your question about what i'd do without food or water for a week or more as i've done my due diligence and prepared as earlier explained, and yes, i'm prepared to defend my home from attack if necessary, but at this point that's far from my current expectations and more in line with worst case scenario.

Preparing with a couple weeks of goods for a real pandemic/epidemic at catastrophic levels is understandable. My initial post was more about those "Preppers" who are preparing for the complete meltdown of our countries social structure as some are prepping for years of survival. Thats why I included the "apocalypse" I think most of us are on the same page that this is a nasty flu virus going around and won't be anything more than what the "Swine" or "Bird" flu did to us in the recent past. I didn't communicate that well at all. My apologies.

The media is completely responsible for this panic. Here in California one person passed due to this strain of virus and a State emergency is called. Good Lord.

oldnotdead

Legend
Sorry I don't get a lot of this prepping stuff. Why would you want to die alone in your bunker? There is life and there is living. Being alive alone in a bunker isn't living. Ask Adolf he knows about bunkers. I've seen how ugly people can get but I've also seen how good they can be also.

This virus is a long way from being an edge of everything ending scenario. In fact, most who are sick will survive. Serious contagion, absolutely yes. Time for panic? Absolutely no. Limit your social interactions, take common-sense precautions like washing hands and bathing frequently especially after being in public. Just wait it out until we know exactly what we are facing.

WestCoastRam

Legend
BTW, you're gonna know who's in self-quarantine when the person starts posting 10 chats a hour on this board.

I expect this to hit like Asian flu in 1960.

bluecoconuts

Legend
BTW, you're gonna know who's in self-quarantine when the person starts posting 10 chats a hour on this board.

I expect this to hit like Asian flu in 1960.

Is that not already me?

I'm working from home for the rest of the month, campus isn't closed but anyone who can work from home will, and classes are now being finished online.

I'm already going fuckin stir crazy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is that not already me?

I'm working from home for the rest of the month, campus isn't closed but anyone who can work from home will, and classes are now being finished online.

Send nudes

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Send nudes
hey-baby-lemmesee-them-titties-quickmeme-com-sexy-fat-guy-memes-51483285.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is that not already me?

giphy.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Private company, but imagine if it was traded how much the stock would have risen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Private company, but imagine if it was traded how much the stock would have risen.

Yeah. That stuff is stocking out.

Here is a recipe from Popular Science to make your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.