Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
What because I believe human lives are worth saving and that the virus is not anywhere near as bad as the MSM wants you to believe it is? What is wrong with saving lives? I've had covid, and spoke with several Drs about covid. Every one of them said the same thing, it is not dangerous if you are reasonably healthy. So many people think getting covid is a death sentence and you can tell because they are driving around in their own car wearing mask and gloves. The truth of the matter is that many of the deaths were due to Governors forcing nursing homes to take in covid patients even though they housed the most vulnerable and highest risk members of our society. Then you add in all the patients that were put on ventilators at the first sign of difficulty breathing, even though 80-90% of patients that are put on ventilators will not survive.

Anyone that thinks it is ok to let people die so others will live in fear is doing so because they hate a certain person so much that innocent people dying is an acceptable price to pay. Because they think they can get enough people to believe he is responsible. When in fact he has done more in less time to get treatments available so people dont have to die.
Lmmfao, sorry you want to say blah blah blah blah blah etc while we have the worst numbers in world

Otay

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lmmfao, sorry you want to say blah blah blah blah blah etc while we have the worst numbers in world

Otay
Make a better argument than that. This isn’t the PD.

The answer is this. Because the epidemiology and biological relationships between Covid and obesity are very clear. And the US is full of obese people. The obese are 113 percent more likely to go to a hospital, 78 percent more likely to go into an ICU, and 48 percent more likely to die from Covid than persons with a normal BMI.

Then you have the elderly who are proven to be the most vulnerable. Even without contracting Covid, the elderly die to the tune of 166,000 per month. Not year. Month. They also make up 80% of Covid deaths in this Country. Now add on top of that, the fact that the elderly already have a myriad of comorbidities, and it’s a perfect storm.

Or you could ignore all that and the fact that we can’t control nature so that you can blame one person. Because that’s the super logical thing to do.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Make a better argument than that. This isn’t the PD.

The answer is this. Because the epidemiology and biological relationships between Covid and obesity are very clear. And the US is full of obese people. The obese are 113 percent more likely to go to a hospital, 78 percent more likely to go into an ICU, and 48 percent more likely to die from Covid than persons with a normal BMI.

Then you have the elderly who are proven to be the most vulnerable. Even without contracting Covid, the elderly die to the tune of 166,000 per month. Not year. Month. Now add on top of that, the fact that the elderly already have a myriad of comorbidities, and it’s a perfect storm.

Or you could ignore all that and the fact that we can’t control nature so that you can blame one person. Because that’s the super logical thing to do.
Sorry Bro the U.S. has the Worst numbers,there's no excuse.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Maybe - and I know this is crazy talk - but maybe - it’s a combination of things.

Americans are generally fat asses. Fat asses are higher risk. To ignore this is to ignore the science. It’s a big part of the equation.

Americans have also not taken masks and social distancing as seriously as we could have / should have. Yes, many of us have - but if you aren’t seeing the anti mask - don’t tread on my freedoms movement - then you aren’t looking. The virus doesn’t care why people are congregating - protests, parties, rallies - it doesn’t matter.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sorry Bro the U.S. has the Worst numbers,there's no excuse.
One of the main reasons why is we are very serious about our freedom. It has some drawbacks. But even more of a reason is our lifestyles. We are obese, have shitty diets, are ate up with diabetes, etc. All of our own making. The numbers aren’t because of poor leadership. They are from poor followership. It’s a personal responsibility thing. It has been for quite some time now but nobody is up to tackling that elephant in the room. So many are laying around waiting for somebody else to do things for them.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
One of the main reasons why is we are very serious about our freedom. It has some drawbacks. But even more of a reason is our lifestyles. We are obese, have shitty diets, are ate up with diabetes, etc. All of our own making. The numbers aren’t because of poor leadership. They are from poor followership. It’s a personal responsibility thing. It has been for quite some time now but nobody is up to tackling that elephant in the room. So many are laying around waiting for somebody else to do things for them.
With all do respect my Ram Bro,I disagree.

With contact tracking and wearing mask S Korea has done a Heck of a Job.

I'm Old School and we ,The United States of America shouldn't be 2nd to Anyone,Jmho.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
With all do respect my Ram Bro,I disagree.

With contact tracking and wearing mask S Korea has done a Heck of a Job.

I'm Old School and we ,The United States of America shouldn't be 2nd to Anyone,Jmho.
I’ve been to South Korea. They have a very different lifestyle. You’ll probably learn what really made the biggest difference later. It’ll be more than their response taken.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I’ve been to South Korea. They have a very different lifestyle. You’ll probably learn what really made the biggest difference later. It’ll be more than their response taken.
Like I posted,in mid March till me April they Spiked, they took action and Boom Success.

We have around 220 thousand deaths and with 1/7th of our population they have 441.

Meaning we have almost 500 times the Death Rate, what are you defending ????

We've Messed Up ,Period.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The numbers aren’t because of poor leadership.
Your comments about freedom and lifestyle, obesity and diets and, especially, personal responsibility are all legit. However, don’t know how we can give a pass to Leadership.

Stronger, smarter, more competent leadership would have translated to more effective use of masks and social distancing. It would have resulted in nationally supervised testing and contact tracing rather than its delegation to the states (a major fail). It also would have prevented some states from reopening before the numbers (positive percentage, hospitalizations, incubations and deaths) were down.

All of that would have resulted in much better numbers.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

If our leadership were putting out a good example, or even semi consistent messaging, I’d be apt to believe this.

I could certainly see scenarios where our leaders said - “hey, everyone - seriously, wear masks and stay home as much as you can” and the American people, in large part, said - “nah - we wanna do things our way.” That’s totally plausible.

but has leadership said that - or anything even close to that?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Because they didn’t lock down, had a spike in deaths that was only slightly higher than their worst flu season, and now they have one of Europe’s lowest rates of daily new cases. Their excess mortality rate is also not anomalous compared to previous years.

And?

New York City has a population of 8.4 million and they have 24K deaths. WITH insane lockdown measures. Who would you say handled it better?

My State, South Carolina, has been very lax about lockdowns, and we have had a fraction of those deaths. 160K cases and 3600 deaths. And I’ll guarantee that’s an inaccurate number anyway.
And New York made 1 Hell of a mistake at the beginning, sending all the sick to elderly places.

You used Sweden,I didn't. Multiply 33 times and they are very near our death rate.

Yes America is Obese. But it's not the reason all these folks are dying.

Jesus wear a mask and do contact tracking, it's that simple.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Your comments about freedom and lifestyle, obesity and diets and, especially, personal responsibility are all legit. However, don’t know how we can give a pass to Leadership.

Stronger, smarter, more competent leadership would have translated to more effective use of masks and social distancing. It would have resulted in nationally supervised testing and contact tracing rather than its delegation to the states (a major fail). It also would have prevented some states from reopening before the numbers (positive percentage, hospitalizations, incubations and deaths) were down.

All of that would have resulted in much better numbers.
But, we are not built that way. And like it or not, politics has played a large part in all of this. Sad but true.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm re-reading Extreme Ownership right now (turns out I really need to hear the things in that book right now) and one of their principles is "There are no bad teams, only bad leaders". The leader is responsible for everything in and out of their control. Nobody will win every time, but a leader can't go around blaming their followers for failures.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
What because I believe human lives are worth saving and that the virus is not anywhere near as bad as the MSM wants you to believe it is? What is wrong with saving lives? I've had covid, and spoke with several Drs about covid. Every one of them said the same thing, it is not dangerous if you are reasonably healthy. So many people think getting covid is a death sentence and you can tell because they are driving around in their own car wearing mask and gloves. The truth of the matter is that many of the deaths were due to Governors forcing nursing homes to take in covid patients even though they housed the most vulnerable and highest risk members of our society. Then you add in all the patients that were put on ventilators at the first sign of difficulty breathing, even though 80-90% of patients that are put on ventilators will not survive.

Anyone that thinks it is ok to let people die so others will live in fear is doing so because they hate a certain person so much that innocent people dying is an acceptable price to pay. Because they think they can get enough people to believe he is responsible. When in fact he has done more in less time to get treatments available so people dont have to die.
Sorry imho your lost and I mean totally.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm re-reading Extreme Ownership right now (turns out I really need to hear the things in that book right now) and one of their principles is "There are no bad teams, only bad leaders". The leader is responsible for everything in and out of their control. Nobody will win every time, but a leader can't go around blaming their followers for failures.
No they can’t even if it is true. But at the end of the day, nobody is responsible for you unless you are a child. And even good parents can have bad children.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
But, we are not built that way. And like it or not, politics has played a large part in all of this. Sad but true.

absolutely right.

it seems like there should be some things that we can all agree on. If our country was attacked, for instance, it feels like we ought to be able to put our differences aside and rally as one against our common enemy.

are there things that are apolitical these days?

art, sports, science, economics, philosophy, religion - politics is inextricably entwined in all of life.

I had thought that a common enemy might help to unite us. Covid was a great opportunity to do just that. It was (is) a way to show that we care about one another - regardless of our politics. Maybe it can still work out that way - but we don’t seem to be very close just yet.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No they can’t even if it is true. But at the end of the day, nobody is responsible for you unless you are a child. And even good parents can have bad children.

sure they can, but good parents usually make good children. And good leaders usually make good followers.

leadership is a real thing - and it turns out it really matters.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
And New York made 1 Hell of a mistake at the beginning, sending all the sick to elderly places.

You used Sweden,I didn't. Multiply 33 times and they are very near our death rate.

Yes America is Obese. But it's not the reason all these folks are dying.

Jesus wear a mask and do contact tracking, it's that simple.

Masks help very little if any and numbers have shown that. The biggest reasons people die from covid other than age is diabetes then heart disease and obesity. It is not the couple months of wearing/not wearing a mask. It was the lifetime of poor decisions, whether its diet, smoking, drinking or lack of exercise. It may sound cold or heartless, but everyones life is defined by the choices they make and if they chose to eat crap, they will have crappy health. If they chose to smoke they will have crappy lungs and be vulnerable to respiratory illness like covid or the flu among others. You dont exercise you will become obese and again be vulnerable to heart disease and other illnesses such as covid. If you eat a decent diet, exercise and dont smoke there is a good chance that covid will be nothing more than a week to 10 days of illness but nothing requiring medical treatment. The contact tracing is a joke, by the time I was contacted by the contact tracers I was fully recovered. My employer had already contacted customers I had come in contact with, but havent/cant tell me if any of them were sick before or after my contact with them. I am lucky to remember who I had contact with yesterday and then the contact tracers expect me to remember who I had contact with over the 14 day period 2 weeks ago. By the time they contacted me anyone I may have exposed to covid could have already had it and been recovered from it. The way to slow the spread is to treat it like the flu, if you feel sick stay home. You should talk to a real Dr about covid you might be surprised how they feel about covid.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Sorry imho your lost and I mean totally.
At least I know what I'm talking about. Talk to a Dr and get some real information about covid quit letting the MSM tell you what to think or believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.