Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
All the *formers* sure do have stuff to say about the present, eh?
Not sure if I’m interpreting the implication of this post accurately or not, but—

This isn’t just an observation noted by a *former* employee.

With our own eyes we can see tons of examples.

Are people in close proximity to POTUS tested every day? Yes, I gather they are, which is good.

But are other CDC recommendations (masks and social distancing) ignored by both POTUS and those in close proximity to him? Yes, routinely. All one needs to do is watch video of his daily activities.

Gathering crowds, without masks, without social distancing? Bad idea. Avoiding crowds, wearing masks, observing social distancing? Good idea.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I haven’t shared it publicly here. My parents in their 80’s contracted and recovered in about 10 days. This was 2-3 months ago.

Both would describe it as bad flu, in their case. Both mostly healthy, but they are in their 80’s so... not exactly tip top shape either.

Not downplaying anything. Just a data point to offer to anyone looking for first hand data.

Glad to here your parents recovered. The media is now saying that over 99% of the people that test positive recover with no medical intervention. A far cry from what they were saying a few months ago. It is interesting that as soon as POTUS tested positive the media now tells us what Drs were telling me back in July when I had covid.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
or we're all just gonna get it. That's just what happens too... (I know better than posting in here...never mind)

It would end the hysteria and crazy mask nazis if everyone that is healthy would just hurry up and get it. Its not as bad as we were first told, 99% of positive tests recover with 0 medical intervention.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The media is now saying that over 99% of the people that test positive recover with no medical intervention.

Whatever ‘media’ you may be referring to, STOP watching, reading and listening to it immediately because that ‘media’ can not do simple math.

7.3M cases in the U.S.

208,000 deaths.

That’s 2.8%.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Whatever ‘media’ you may be referring to, STOP watching, reading and listening to it immediately because that ‘media’ can not do simple math.

7.3M cases in the U.S.

208,000 deaths.

That’s 2.8%.

We all know the numbers are inflated, probably greatly inflated. According to Drs, over 99% of the people that have tested positive over the last 3 or 4 months recovered with zero medical treatment. Ask anyone that has had covid, the first thing the Dr tells you is that almost everyone recovers with no medical treatment.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It would end the hysteria and crazy mask nazis if everyone that is healthy would just hurry up and get it. Its not as bad as we were first told, 99% of positive tests recover with 0 medical intervention.
This is the worst idea ever.

Suppose you are right and “only” 1 out of 100 people die. There are 330 million people in the USA. If everyone gets it, and 1% of them die, that would be 3.3 million deaths.

The idea of “just sit back and let everyone get it” is utter insanity, and exactly zero countries on our planet endorse it.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is the worst idea ever.

Suppose you are right and “only” 1 out of 100 people die. There are 330 million people in the USA. If everyone gets it, and 1% of them die, that would be 3.3 million deaths.

The idea of “just sit back and let everyone get it” is utter insanity, and exactly zero countries on our planet endorse it.
Where did you get the 1 out of 10 would die? I said 1 in 10 may need medical treatment and then 60-80% of them would recover fully. Over the past few months the death rate for covid patients is lower than the normal death rate for the flu and the flu has a vaccine. The death rate last I checked was 0.24-0.4% were as the flu is 0.6%. People that are high risk should still continue to do whatever makes them feel safe, but healthy people should just catch it and get it over with. Look at Sweden they protected the high risk people but for the most part stayed open and their numbers are no worse than countries that locked down, they are better than many countries that locked down.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Where did you get the 1 out of 10 would die? I said 1 in 10 may need medical treatment and then 60-80% of them would recover fully. Over the past few months the death rate for covid patients is lower than the normal death rate for the flu and the flu has a vaccine. The death rate last I checked was 0.24-0.4% were as the flu is 0.6%. People that are high risk should still continue to do whatever makes them feel safe, but healthy people should just catch it and get it over with. Look at Sweden they protected the high risk people but for the most part stayed open and their numbers are no worse than countries that locked down, they are better than many countries that locked down.
I didn’t say 1 out of 10. I said 1 out of 100.

Anyway, the ridiculous notion of “going for herd immunity” has already been debated at length in this thread.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I said 1 in 10 may need medical treatment and then 60-80% of them would recover fully.

Huh?

You posted that ‘99 percent of those that test positive recover with no intervention’

It’s right there.

Now you post ‘1 in 10 may need medical treatment’.

You don’t see the inconsistency?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

7.3M cases in the U.S.

208,000 deaths.

That’s 2.8%.
I saw somewhere recently that the CDC's latest studies suggest that a little less than 10% of the population has had it. That's about 30 million. I'll see if I can dig the article up.

Ellard80

Legend
The scariest thing to me is the after affects some people are getting.

healthy guy I was playing basketball with last March had it. Now is blood pressure is out of control and they have no idea how to stop it.

He had zero blood pressure issues before and no history of it in his family.

He also gets physically exhausted from going up stairs = he has been "recovered" for going on 3 months.

Ellard80

Legend

Is that you Kirk Cousins?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Huh?

You posted that ‘99 percent of those that test positive recover with no intervention’

It’s right there.

99% recover with no medical treatment, does not say anything about anyone dying. If 99% recover with no treatment, that means 1% require treatment but still doesnt say anything about anyone dying. 60-80% of those that require treatment recover completely. So about 0.20-0.40% of covid cases result in death. Yes any death is bad, but people are acting like covid is this super virus that kills everyone. When in fact it is not a super virus and just like the flu it kills some people. The deaths early on were due mostly to poor treatment and nursing homes being forced to take in covid patients. Instead of utilizing hospital beds for covid patients to protect the most vulnerable members of our society. According to the WHO about 1 in 750 people that test positive for covid die. A far cry from the 1 in 100 you are claiming.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I didn’t say 1 out of 10. I said 1 out of 100.

Anyway, the ridiculous notion of “going for herd immunity” has already been debated at length in this thread.
That was a typo, I meant the 1 in 100 you claimed I stated above. According to the WHO the death rate is about 1 in 750 covid patients. But those numbers go all the way back to the beginning. The numbers have been improving as we learn what not to do and how to treat covid. Not sure where you got the 1 in 100 dies. I never stated that I staed that less than 1% require treatment. Treatment does not mean they die, just means they dont fully recover at home like the other 99% do.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Huh?

It’s right there.

the 1 in 10 was a typo, my mistake. Was meant to be 1 in 100 requires treatment.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
There is a reported 7.35 mill cases here in the U.S..

With 208,000 Deaths.

Just in my head that 208,00 times no more 34 ex's.

Deaths are 1 in 33 34 somewhere around there.

1 in 750 would mean there's over 150 mill cases just here Stateside.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
There is a reported 7.35 mill cases here in the U.S..

With 208,000 Deaths.

Just in my head that 208,00 times no more 34 ex's.

Deaths are 1 in 33 34 somewhere around there.

1 in 750 would mean there's over 150 mill cases just here Stateside.

I believe that is world wide, the numbers are from WHO. And deaths in America are way less than 1 in 33. If 99 of 100 recover with no medical treatment, less than 1 in 100 dont recover. When you take into account that there are millions of people that had covid and never knew it the death rate is even lower. Many people that test positive never had any indication they were sick, but were tested due to coming in contact with someone that tested positive. We may never have accurate numbers but the fact that Drs are telling patients that almost everyone recovers without treatment, tells us covid is nowhere near the super virus we were originally told it was. IMO in the end it will turn out being similar to the flu as many claimed from day 1.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
35 Times 208,000 is right around the 7.35 mill number.

That means right around 97.2 or so don't die. Doesn't include folks who have other health issues from the Covid.

If 99 percent didn't pass/die that caught the Virus the death toll would be around 73,500 Deaths.

Not in my life or my Mother fathers life was there a Flu that killed 208,00 people in The USA ,from March thru September.

You would have to go back to like 1917 1918.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
POTUS receives Regeneron antibody treatment, and also Remdesivir.

Demon Jizz Lady is upset.:rolleyes:

8097A023-029A-465F-A889-B9D47F876BE3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.