Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
download (1).jpg

EastRam

Pro Bowler
And how much better are we doing if you adjust for all the Seniors in nursing homes that were essentially mass murdered by a colossally idiotic policy in five states like NY? I think like 1 in 5 deaths in the US are in that number.

Speaking as a person that has Recently lost a loved one in a NH and had to fight for care from the state prior to being admitted into a NH, which I may add they have to come from a hospital for rehab to even have a chance of getting into a NH for long term care

If you have a loved one that you have to care for that is not “wealthy” your in for a very rude awakening.

There is no help for the elderly.

That my friends is a fact. Yes I speak from experience.

So those of you on here that point out it’s the elderly that are at risk and dying. Then protect them and stop the spread by wearing a mask. If you believe your job is too difficult to wear a mask then in my opinion your a punk.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Speaking as a person that has Recently lost a loved one in a NH and had to fight for care from the state prior to being admitted into a NH, which I may add they have to come from a hospital for rehab to even have a chance of getting into a NH for long term care

If you have a loved one that you have to care for that is not “wealthy” your in for a very rude awakening.

There is no help for the elderly.

That my friends is a fact. Yes I speak from experience.

So those of you on here that point out it’s the elderly that are at risk and dying. Then protect them and stop the spread by wearing a mask. If you believe your job is too difficult to wear a mask then in my opinion your a punk.
And if you are in power in a city during a pandemic that adversely affects the elderly, don’t insert the pandemic directly into a nursing home. That would be considered murder in the eyes of the person with sense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i was speaking to a nurse today and asked her what the flu numbers were like this year. she said they were way down.

last year there were around 60k in nsw. this year there's about 800 cases.

note, this is in nsw. there were max 2000 covid cases through the winter. no lockdown. just a few restrictions to stop the spread of the virus.

it's amazing what washing your hands does for your health. and all the hand sanitisers in the shopping centres as well.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Just to be clear - the anti politics talk means we can’t talk any shit about POTUS but we can bash governors? Or only certain governors?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If you believe your job is too difficult to wear a mask then in my opinion your a punk.
Shrug. Guess I'm a punk then.

Though, I did use my 'punkness' to get the polymer manufacturing plant's chief operating officer to reverse his mask policy for people working on plant equipment (elevators). Through a little persuasive logic, I was able to convince him that maintaining a billion foot distance from anyone else in the area was an adequate means of protecting myself from a virus that had zero chance of surviving in the environment in which I was working. Maybe that makes me a Super Punk!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Just to be clear - the anti politics talk means we can’t talk any shit about POTUS but we can bash governors? Or only certain governors?

Exactly. You finally got it right.
Especially since what happened in this country is solely and completely on the local jurisdictions.
And especially the governors - for better or worse.
Depending of course on one’s point of view, which is ENTIRELY a function of one’s political persuasion, and anyone who denies this, (at least in this thread), is kidding him or herself.

Just be honest.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm not into politics, to be honest. I'm just here to talk about this brilliant CollegeHumor sketch.

The last part is the best, so even if you don't entirely agree with CollegeHumor, I recommend watching the entire video - it's not long, and you may smile at the end.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A rude awakening. Just hope people will be able to handle themselves.
They going to go buy all the toilet paper up again? I just hope they can handle themselves November 4th and beyond.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Whew. Glad we cleared that up.
Everything's OK then.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
This post is 97 percent political and I want to say sorry if I offended anyone who isn't.

I'm not Political.

In my Imho this thread should be takin down.

If the rules are if it's political, it doesn't belong here. THEN Why Isn't ????

Like I've posted I suffer from TBI and PTSD, but this seems to be a Real Trap Post.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"You reckon moonshone will kill the corona?" ~ Southern Chicks

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
New study says many people who have had Covid are having to get their gallbladder removed months later. Makes me think what I had back in October and November may well have been Covid. I had to have the gallbladder sliced out April 1st. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.