Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
And sad to post this, Today the number will reach 200 k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Definitely a different vibe now than in April, then July again.

Either we've gotten used to the state of affairs or this has been waaaaay overblown than what it needed to be. When this topic was created it was "is anyone prepping", and now that just sounds ridiculous.

Angry Ram

Psycho_X

Legend
They'll test everyone again, have those positives in quarantine and/or on the covid list, and play this Sunday. Life will go on. MLB was a blueprint on what not to do on positive cases.

The worst thing is they'll delay the game.

Much bigger impact for an NFL team than a MLB team depending on luck. If Tannehill and Derrick Henry are in the positive group and are out for multiple weeks the Titans have heavy potential to lose 2 games which would be Steelers and Buffalo... two teams that would likely directly effect their playoff scenarios. A postpone is more likely but can only do that once in an NFL season unlike MLB who can jam a shit ton of double headers in to compensate.

Could have some serious repercussions depending on how it plays out.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
After all this time it has finally made its way to the little town that I live in here in the Midwest. They have started shutting schools down again and the nursing homes are being hit hard. So far everyone in my town that's had or has it regardless of age has been asymptomatic and has gotten over it with 14 day isolation.

Angry Ram

Much bigger impact for an NFL team than a MLB team depending on luck. If Tannehill and Derrick Henry are in the positive group and are out for multiple weeks the Titans have heavy potential to lose 2 games which would be Steelers and Buffalo... two teams that would likely directly effect their playoff scenarios. A postpone is more likely but can only do that once in an NFL season unlike MLB who can jam a shit ton of double headers in to compensate.

Before jumping to the worst case scenario on who the affected players are, let's see who tests positive again and let them disinfect their facilities.

We've seen these things happen in other offices, newsrooms, restaurants, etc. Isolate the people, disinfect and resume. We're much better equipped now they people aren't knee jerking to everything.

Also I wasn't talking game impact with MLB, just on how the NFL will handle it vs MLB (i.e. no accountability until they had to). Both the Marlins and Cards continued to play after it was behind them. Aren't the Cards in the playoffs now? Anyways.

Psycho_X

Legend
Before jumping to the worst case scenario on who the affected players are, let's see who tests positive again and let them disinfect their facilities.

We've seen these things happen in other offices, newsrooms, restaurants, etc. Isolate the people, disinfect and resume. We're much better equipped now they people aren't knee jerking to everything.

Also I wasn't talking game impact with MLB, just on how the NFL will handle it vs MLB (i.e. no accountability until they had to). Both the Marlins and Cards continued to play after it was behind them. Aren't the Cards in the playoffs now? Anyways.

I don't think they are jumping to worst case scenario they are retesting and seeing if positives are in fact positives. If they are confirmed positives there could be some considerable complications arise from it.

Cards are in the playoffs because MLB can play 53 games in 44 days.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I wonder if those tests have been backed up with seconds. We all remember the false positives from a month or so again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
After all this time it has finally made its way to the little town that I live in here in the Midwest. They have started shutting schools down again and the nursing homes are being hit hard. So far everyone in my town that's had or has it regardless of age has been asymptomatic and has gotten over it with 14 day isolation.

I haven’t shared it publicly here. My parents in their 80’s contracted and recovered in about 10 days. This was 2-3 months ago.

Both would describe it as bad flu, in their case. Both mostly healthy, but they are in their 80’s so... not exactly tip top shape either.

Not downplaying anything. Just a data point to offer to anyone looking for first hand data.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

I don't think they are jumping to worst case scenario they are retesting and seeing if positives are in fact positives. If they are confirmed positives there could be some considerable complications arise from it.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see the Seahawks, niners, and Patriots play a shit ton of double headers to the tune of 53 games in 44 days as long as they weren't against the Rams until the end.

Angry Ram

They already did that and confirmed. The Cardinals and Marlins continued playing, despite them being threatened to disband their season.

The Titans, Vikings, and NFL will handle it better.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Cardinals and Marlins continued playing, despite them being threatened to disband their season.
The Cardinals didnt keep playing, they missed 17 days of games that most were able to be made up with double headers and finished the season playing only 58 regular season games. Marlins missed 8 days

Angry Ram

The Cardinals didnt keep playing, they missed 17 days of games that most were able to be made up with double headers and finished the season playing only 58 regular season games. Marlins missed 8 days

Yes I know, they stopped temporarily but eventually ended up playing again. The rest of the league kept on trucking.

Looks like they are going to play Monday or Tuesday, and life will go on.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Just saw a former Secret Service agent say, “The Covid safety precautions at the local Starbucks are more stringent than in the West Wing.”

Refuse to wear masks? Ignore social distancing? This is what happens.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just saw a former Secret Service agent say, “The Covid safety precautions at the local Starbucks are more stringent than in the West Wing.”

or we're all just gonna get it. That's just what happens too... (I know better than posting in here...never mind)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

All the *formers* sure do have stuff to say about the present, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.