Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I saw somewhere recently that the CDC's latest studies suggest that a little less than 10% of the population has had it. That's about 30 million. I'll see if I can dig the article up.
RamBall’s wording was sloppy and made zero sense.

He posted (more than once, and you can check) that 99% of people who have tested positive recover without medical attention.

I responded that 2.8% of the U.S positives have died to show that his post made no sense.

Your post above is reasonable but you are not talking about the number who have tested positive. You are talking about estimates of those who may have been infected; and therefore what the true death rate may actually be.

I would have not disagreed or challenged your comment. It’s reasonable and may be accurate.

RamBall’s comment was neither.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not sure if I’m interpreting the implication of this post accurately or not, but—

This isn’t just an observation noted by a *former* employee.

With our own eyes we can see tons of examples.

Are people in close proximity to POTUS tested every day? Yes, I gather they are, which is good.

But are other CDC recommendations (masks and social distancing) ignored by both POTUS and those in close proximity to him? Yes, routinely. All one needs to do is watch video of his daily activities.

Gathering crowds, without masks, without social distancing? Bad idea. Avoiding crowds, wearing masks, observing social distancing? Good idea.
The implication being that ex-employees typically have nothing but axes to grind, so I don't pay them much mind. The media treating these people as royalty seems to be the en vogue thing to do these days on any important topic, and it's stupid.

As for the rest, I'm at a saturation point with it, my man. Everyone knows what the guidelines are, and every individual is going to do what they feel is right. I don't need anyone to teach me what I should be doing anymore, because I don't give a shit. We basically have a two-tiered system when it comes to Covid response right now. Regular people are still facing daily restrictions and get shamed for minor infractions while large crowds of activists gather night and day in multiple cities with the press cheering them on. But as soon as their political enemy replicates the same situation (large crowds outside)? It's the Salem Witch Trials all over again. Yeah, Trump got COVID, but you have no idea how he contracted it. You don't know if he was in a controlled environment or not. All you know is that he typically doesn't wear a mask when you see him on TV, so you're of the assumption he caught it while unmasked. You don't know that. Two of my co-workers caught it in the Columbia SC area, and they're about as careful as anyone can be. They're asymptomatic, but they caught it.

Here's the bottom line.

Everyone is going to catch it or test positive at some point. Some may get sick, some may not. Some people may take the pandemic seriously, some may not. Some may follow guidelines, some may not. I see it every single day. I hear about it on talk radio every single day. The governor of Virginia, who is a doctor, with his perfect lockdown measures still got it. The germaphobe President with the world's best security still got it. Our mitigation efforts against Covid don't work, haven't worked, and can't work. All we can do is protect the most vulnerable as best we can. POTUS didn't cause this, he can't stop it, and he's not responsible for people's actions. The other guy running for his seat didn't cause it, can't stop it, and won't be responsible for people's actions. We're all people with inherent rights and freedoms. For now. We can all use the information at hand to make informed decisions. Or not. Choice is ours.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

He posted (more than once, and you can check) that 99% of people who have tested positive recover without medical attention.

I responded that 2.8% of the U.S positives have died to show that his post made no sense.

Your post above is reasonable but you are not talking about the number who have tested positive. You are talking about estimates of those who may have been infected; and therefore what the true death rate may actually be.

I would have not disagreed or challenged your comment. It’s reasonable and may be accurate.

Yeah and it wasn't the cdc either that published that study either.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah and it wasn't the cdc either that published that study either.
We’re good as far as I am concerned.

I am a big believer in science, the truth and facts.

Get frustrated when people ignore those things, or miss-state truth and facts to suit an agenda.

You didn’t do any of those things, so even if we disagree, I have no issue with your posts.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
The data collecting is all over the place with this virus and only means one thing to me, this is the equivalent to a highly contagious flu virus. There has been nothing that has indicated otherwise. Testing numbers are so flawed they shouldn't even be shared. They are just scaring people.

Any illness, including the common cold, can cause anything this virus has done.

As what has already been shared, we all know how to mitigate this. Hopefully readily available effective therapeutics will become available to minimize the effects of this virus. We need that more than a vaccine.

I will move about without fear. Life is good.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I believe I stated that today 99% of the people that test positive for covid recover fully with zero medical treatment. I understand we had governors and even Drs killing people with their wrong treatment or forcing covid patients into nursing homes full of the highest risk members of our society. But as of the last 3-4 months the death rate has dropped dramatically because Drs are no longer rushing patients onto ventilators. We also have treatments available today that we did not have in the early months of covid. According to the 5 Drs and several nurses I have spoken with since July, when I had covid, almost everyone that tests positive will fully recover with zero medical treatment. Drs on television are saying that number is 99% recover with no treatment. That means 1% of covid positve tests require medical treatment. And of that 1% they say 60-80% recover the other 20-40% die.

What this all boils down to is that covid is nowhere near as dangerous as it was portrayed back in March-May. If you take into account many people that have had covid never even knew they were sick when they tested positive. There is likely many more that never knew they were sick and never got tested.

People can continue to act like covid is dangerous to healthy people and do whatever they think will keep them safe. But the healthy Americans that want to get back to life should not be punished for being healthy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
NFL Season may be in jeopardy
That has always been the case. Enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully the data continues to show that this is not the plague that so many thought it to be. And the data does show that. If we had true #s of all that have actually contracted and recovered from this, I suspect that the narative would change drastically.

Obviously, we will never know the true statistics of this or any other infectious disease that hits the population unless everyone on earth was tested every day of their lives...... and that the results and reporting about such were accurate. Never gonna happen. Be smart and be conscious and respectful of others. It shouldn't take a pandemic to make us do these things.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
NFL Season may be in jeopardy

It was always going to be more difficult for the NFL than MLB or NBA. Rescheduling games is much harder. Its not like they can just pick off days to make up games. Playing in a bubble would be more difficult too. There are a lot more players, coaches and other staff than baseball or basketball. To be able to get 3 games in without a problem was a minor miracle. All these rich, young athletes. You can't expect them all to avoid going places that puts them at risk. All it takes is one guy to infect several others.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The implication being that ex-employees typically have nothing but axes to grind, so I don't pay them much mind. The media treating these people as royalty seems to be the en vogue thing to do these days on any important topic, and it's stupid.

As for the rest, I'm at a saturation point with it, my man. Everyone knows what the guidelines are, and every individual is going to do what they feel is right. I don't need anyone to teach me what I should be doing anymore, because I don't give a shit. We basically have a two-tiered system when it comes to Covid response right now. Regular people are still facing daily restrictions and get shamed for minor infractions while large crowds of activists gather night and day in multiple cities with the press cheering them on. But as soon as their political enemy replicates the same situation (large crowds outside)? It's the Salem Witch Trials all over again. Yeah, Trump got COVID, but you have no idea how he contracted it. You don't know if he was in a controlled environment or not. All you know is that he typically doesn't wear a mask when you see him on TV, so you're of the assumption he caught it while unmasked. You don't know that. Two of my co-workers caught it in the Columbia SC area, and they're about as careful as anyone can be. They're asymptomatic, but they caught it.

Here's the bottom line.

Everyone is going to catch it or test positive at some point. Some may get sick, some may not. Some people may take the pandemic seriously, some may not. Some may follow guidelines, some may not. I see it every single day. I hear about it on talk radio every single day. The governor of Virginia, who is a doctor, with his perfect lockdown measures still got it. The germaphobe President with the world's best security still got it. Our mitigation efforts against Covid don't work, haven't worked, and can't work. All we can do is protect the most vulnerable as best we can. POTUS didn't cause this, he can't stop it, and he's not responsible for people's actions. The other guy running for his seat didn't cause it, can't stop it, and won't be responsible for people's actions. We're all people with inherent rights and freedoms. For now. We can all use the information at hand to make informed decisions. Or not. Choice is ours.

-X-, Dude,

Love your taste in movies, hot women, video games, and (of course) da Rams. Never tried slapping bags of dirt at Home Depot, but it sounds like fun.

But with this post, I couldn't disagree more.

As usual, my goal is to stay out of this thread. But I couldn't resist responding to this one.

Disclaimers: (1) Forgive me, but this post got me hot under the collar. As always, nothing personal is intended in my post.

(2) At numerous times in this post I will refer to the difference between what I see as the "literal meaning" of your words and the "implication" of your words. As always, I concede this is subjective. I don't claim to any "objective truth" about your words. I am merely describing my own opinions, and the ways in which I reacted to your words, and how your opinions seem to differ profoundly from my own. Cheers, bro.

I'm at a saturation point with it, my man.

Me too. I imagine most everyone is.

But as soon as their political enemy replicates the same situation (large crowds outside)? It's the Salem Witch Trials all over again.

Granted, millions of people are really stupid. Any time people congregate in large crowds (without social distancing and without masks), it's really stupid.

But the POTUS has access to the best advice and best scientists in the world. Yet he routinely makes choices that flagrantly defy both common sense and his own scientists' advice.

Let me put it this way. Would anyone on this board believe the following is a good idea?

"Let's hold a rally with thousands of people, packed close together, in the middle of a pandemic, in a city that is experiencing a spike in infections, and remove the stickers on the seats with reminders for social distancing, while knowing that the great majority of attendees (80 to 90 percent) won't be wearing masks."

Sounds crazy, right? Yet that is exactly what happened in Tulsa on June 20. And yes, I do not think it is a coincidence that a maskless Herman Cain, who was surrounded by maskless attendees, was dead two weeks later.

Granted, the rallies organized by POTUS have become *slightly* less egregious, insofar as they have been conducted outside (as opposed to inside). But there are still large crowds of people packed close together without masks. Quite literally, no other leader on this planet is organizing groups of people to gather like this, with brazen disregard for their safety.

Yeah, Trump got COVID, but you have no idea how he contracted it. You don't know if he was in a controlled environment or not. All you know is that he typically doesn't wear a mask when you see him on TV, so you're of the assumption he caught it while unmasked. You don't know that.

Yeah, I don't know for sure the exact moment POTUS caught Covid. But that's not the point. He was routinely doing things that dramatically exacerbated his risk. A good analogy is to a guy who smokes two packs of cigarettes a day for thirty years and then gets lung cancer. The guy can say, "Well, everyone is at risk for lung cancer, you can't say with certainty that smoking caused it." I mean, come on.

Two of my co-workers caught it in the Columbia SC area, and they're about as careful as anyone can be. They're asymptomatic, but they caught it.

Sorry to hear that, but glad they are asymptomatic. (As an aside: you and I never debated the "whole enchilada" of the science behind masks. After reading dozens of articles on the subject, I agree with the scientific consensus that the "viral load" one is exposed to at infection can have a profound effect on the level to which one has symptoms. In other words, even if wearing a mask might not always PREVENT someone from getting sick, it can "reduce the initial viral load of transmission", which can have a dramatic protective effect.)

Bottom line: again, I'd refer to the smoking analogy. Yes, even people who never smoke a single cigarette are unlucky enough to get lung cancer. But it still remains the case that heavy smoking over long periods of time greatly exacerbates the risk. Sorry your co-workers got sick even though they tried to be careful.

Everyone is going to catch it or test positive at some point.

Couldn't disagree more. That's the whole point of all this-- being careful while we wait for a vaccine.

Since it looks like Covid-19 is here to stay, yes, technically speaking, there's a strong chance that billions of us will be exposed to coronavirus at some point in the course of our lifetimes. But I take the implication of your sentence to be that the timing of the "at some point" doesn't matter much. Surely for the billions of people who are at moderate or at significant risk (due to age or degraded cardiovascular health), it will make a tremendous difference as to whether or not they're exposed BEFORE or AFTER having received a vaccine?

The germaphobe President

Couldn't disagree more. Technically this is true, but the implication re. Covid is misleading.

Generally speaking, yes, POTUS is known to have a germaphobic streak (doesn't like doorknobs, etc.). But when it comes to Covid, he was on tape, in his own words, stating that he is cavalier about his Covid risk. Here's the transcript of his taped exchange with Bob Woodward:

Woodward: “You’re risking getting it, of course. The way you move around and have those briefings and deal with people. Are you worried about that?"
POTUS: "No, I'm not. I don't know why I'm not. I'm not."
Woodward: "Why?"
POTUS: "I don't know. I'm just not."

with the world's best security still got it.

Again, couldn't disagree more. Yes, generally speaking, POTUS has the world's best security. But specifically as regards Covid precautions, there is an overwhelming mountain of evidence that basic safety precautions have been utterly ignored. [Just a couple examples: (a) Dozens of reporters have noted that to enter the West Wing, one simply has to have credentials and pass through a metal detector. No mask is needed, no temperature is taken, no questions about sickness are asked, no questions about exposure are asked. (b) Photos and videos of the Rose Garden ceremony this past Saturday are a freaking disgrace. Dozens of people (many of whom later tested positive) are seen mingling together, hugging even, all without masks. I hope everyone on this board just googles the words "Rose Garden event", and the shocking irresponsible behavior is plain to see.]

So yeah, I couldn't disagree more with the "What can ya do?" implication of your sentence "The germaphobe President with the world's best security still got it." A more accurate sentence would be, "The POTUS, who regularly flouts Covid guidelines, and encourages everyone around him to flout Covid guidelines, quite unsurprisingly caught Covid-19."

Our mitigation efforts against Covid don't work, haven't worked, and can't work.

Couldn't disagree more. This sounds awfully close to the fatalistic argument that "Whatever we do, we're still screwed." IMHO, that fatalistic argument is the ultimate cop-out in defense of the USA's horrifically botched Covid-19 response.

Granted, the question of mitigation opens up a rabbit-hole of debate that we've all been hashing out over hundreds of pages in this thread. But please, can people try to let sink in the enormity of difference in the following statistic?

USA: 330 million people, 210 thousand deaths.

South Korea: 51 million people, 422 deaths. (Let me repeat that: four hundred twenty two).

Yes, it's terribly complicated. But as South Korea shows, the answer surely cannot be, "no matter what we do, we're screwed." The dismissal of mitigation strategies seems to suggest that "All we can do is sit back and play Russian roulette and hope for the best."

I so profoundly disagree with the notion that mitigation efforts "don't work, haven't worked, and can't work." The proof to the contrary: the vast majority of developed nations which have been far less devastated by Covid than the USA.

POTUS didn't cause this, he can't stop it, and he's not responsible for people's actions. The other guy running for his seat didn't cause it, can't stop it, and won't be responsible for people's actions.

Couldn't disagree more. Specifically:

didn't cause it,

(*Well, okay, this I agree with.*)

can't stop it

Can POTUS or JB "stop" covid? No, of course not. But do these two men have tremendous power to mitigate the course of Covid, thereby influence the course of history, potentially saving (or losing) hundreds of thousands of lives, while having dramatically profound different effect on the economy and our way of life? Yes.

and won't be responsible for people's actions.

Again, in a literal sense, the POTUS is not "responsible" for the actions of others. But surely we all can agree that the actions of POTUS has a significant influence on the thoughts, and behaviors of millions of people? (Heck , we see this on the Rams, when a change in Head Coach has a huge impact on the 'culture' of the team.) When POTUS acts in a brazenly irresponsible manner, and organizes rallies in hot-spot cities with large crowds , surely one can understand that this has a significant impact on the behavior of millions of his followers? (And no, I'm not going to engage (with others on this thread) in a ridiculous debate about how "I need to see with my every own eyes the literal proof of millions of people who follow the lead of POTUS and are therefore more lax about mask wearing in crowded public places.")

Lastly:

We're all people with inherent rights and freedoms. For now. We can all use the information at hand to make informed decisions. Or not. Choice is ours.

Whew. Finally something I agree with. Cheers.

In closing:

As always, I hope you (or others) do not take anything personal from this post, as no animosity is intended. Go Rams and all that.

But yes, I felt your post included a defense of some of the decision-making our "leadership" has made about Covid-19, and I felt compelled to respond.

From my POV, many of the so-called "debates" in this country about Covid-19 aren't really "debates" at all. They are questions of, "Are we gonna do the sensible and scientifically-based thing? Or the utterly irresponsible, mind-boggling stupid, pull-your-hair out WTF are you doing thing?"

The influence of politics has utterly poisoned our collective ability to have a shared sense of true facts. It's sad.

Go Rams

Last edited:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
-X-, Dude,

Love your taste in movies, hot women, video games, and (of course) da Rams. Never tried slapping bags of dirt at Home Depot, but it sounds like fun.

As usual, my goal is to stay out of this thread. But I couldn't resist responding to this one.

Disclaimers: (1) Forgive me, but this post got me hot under the collar. As always, nothing personal is intended in my post.

(2) At numerous times in this post I will refer to the difference between what I see as the "literal meaning" of your words and the "implication" of your words. As always, I concede this is subjective. I don't claim to any "objective truth" about your words. I am merely describing my own opinions, and the ways in which I reacted to your words, and how your opinions seem to differ profoundly from my own. Cheers, bro.

But as soon as their political enemy replicates the same situation (large crowds outside)? It's the Salem Witch Trials all over again.

Granted, millions of people are really stupid. Any time people congregate in large crowds (without social distancing and without masks), it's really stupid.

But the POTUS has access to the best advice and best scientists in the world. Yet he routinely makes choices that flagrantly defy both common sense and his own scientists' advice.

Let me put it this way. Would anyone on this board believe the following is a good idea?

"Let's hold a rally with thousands of people, packed close together, in the middle of a pandemic, in a city that is experiencing a spike in infections, and remove the stickers on the seats with reminders for social distancing, while knowing that the great majority of attendees (80 to 90 percent) won't be wearing masks."

Sounds crazy, right? Yet that is exactly what happened in Tulsa on June 20. And yes, I do not think it is a coincidence that a maskless Herman Cain, who was surrounded by maskless attendees, was dead two weeks later.

Granted, the rallies organized by POTUS have become *slightly* less egregious, insofar as they have been conducted outside (as opposed to inside). But there are still large crowds of people packed close together without masks. Quite literally, no other leader on this planet is organizing groups of people to gather like this, with brazen disregard for their safety.

Yeah, Trump got COVID, but you have no idea how he contracted it. You don't know if he was in a controlled environment or not. All you know is that he typically doesn't wear a mask when you see him on TV, so you're of the assumption he caught it while unmasked. You don't know that.

Yeah, I don't know for sure the exact moment POTUS caught Covid. But that's not the point. He was routinely doing things that dramatically exacerbated his risk. A good analogy is to a guy who smokes two packs of cigarettes a day for thirty years and then gets lung cancer. The guy can say, "Well, everyone is at risk for lung cancer, you can't say with certainty that smoking caused it." I mean, come on.

Two of my co-workers caught it in the Columbia SC area, and they're about as careful as anyone can be. They're asymptomatic, but they caught it.

Sorry to hear that, but glad they are asymptomatic. (As an aside: you and I never debated the "whole enchilada" of the science behind masks. After reading dozens of articles on the subject, I agree with the scientific consensus that the "viral load" one is exposed to at infection can have a profound effect on the level to which one has symptoms. In other words, even if wearing a mask might not always PREVENT someone from getting sick, it can "reduce the initial viral load of transmission", which can have a dramatic protective effect.)

Bottom line: again, I'd refer to the smoking analogy. Yes, even people who never smoke a single cigarette are unlucky enough to get lung cancer. But it still remains the case that heavy smoking over long periods of time greatly exacerbates the risk. Sorry your co-workers got sick even though they tried to be careful.

Couldn't disagree more. That's the whole point of all this-- being careful while we wait for a vaccine.

Since it looks like Covid-19 is here to stay, yes, technically speaking, there's a strong chance that billions of us will be exposed to coronavirus at some point in the course of our lifetimes. But I take the implication of your sentence to be that the timing of the "at some point" doesn't matter much. Surely for the billions of people who are at moderate or at significant risk (due to age or degraded cardiovascular health), it will make a tremendous difference as to whether or not they're exposed BEFORE or AFTER having received a vaccine?

The germaphobe President

Couldn't disagree more. Technically this is true, but the implication re. Covid is misleading.

Generally speaking, yes, POTUS is known to have a germaphobic streak (doesn't like doorknobs, etc.). But when it comes to Covid, he was on tape, in his own words, stating that he is cavalier about his Covid risk. Here's the transcript of his taped exchange with Bob Woodward:

Woodward: “You’re risking getting it, of course. The way you move around and have those briefings and deal with people. Are you worried about that?"

Again, couldn't disagree more. Yes, generally speaking, POTUS has the world's best security. But specifically as regards Covid precautions, there is an overwhelming mountain of evidence that basic safety precautions have been utterly ignored. [Just a couple examples: (a) Dozens of reporters have noted that to enter the West Wing, one simply has to have credentials and pass through a metal detector. No mask is needed, no temperature is taken, no questions about sickness are asked, no questions about exposure are asked. (b) Photos and videos of the Rose Garden ceremony this past Saturday are a freaking disgrace. Dozens of people (many of whom later tested positive) are seen mingling together, hugging even, all without masks. I hope everyone on this board just googles the words "Rose Garden event", and the shocking irresponsible behavior is plain to see.]

So yeah, I couldn't disagree more with the "What can ya do?" implication of your sentence "The germaphobe President with the world's best security still got it." A more accurate sentence would be, "The POTUS, who regularly flouts Covid guidelines, and encourages everyone around him to flout Covid guidelines, quite unsurprisingly caught Covid-19."

Our mitigation efforts against Covid don't work, haven't worked, and can't work.

Couldn't disagree more. This sounds awfully close to the fatalistic argument that "Whatever we do, we're still screwed." IMHO, that fatalistic argument is the ultimate cop-out in defense of the USA's horrifically botched Covid-19 response.

Granted, the question of mitigation opens up a rabbit-hole of debate that we've all been hashing out over hundreds of pages in this thread. But please, can people try to let sink in the enormity of difference in the following statistic?

South Korea: 51 million people, 422 deaths. (Let me repeat that: four hundred twenty two).

Yes, it's terribly complicated. But as South Korea shows, the answer surely cannot be, "no matter what we do, we're screwed." The dismissal of mitigation strategies seems to suggest that "All we can do is sit back and play Russian roulette and hope for the best."

I so profoundly disagree with the notion that mitigation efforts "don't work, haven't worked, and can't work." The proof to the contrary: the vast majority of developed nations which have been far less devastated by Covid than the USA.

POTUS didn't cause this, he can't stop it, and he's not responsible for people's actions. The other guy running for his seat didn't cause it, can't stop it, and won't be responsible for people's actions.

didn't cause it,

can't stop it

Can POTUS or JB "stop" covid? No, of course not. But do these two men have tremendous power to mitigate the course of Covid, thereby influence the course of history, potentially saving (or losing) hundreds of thousands of lives, while having dramatically profound different effect on the economy and our way of life? Yes.

Again, in a literal sense, the POTUS is not "responsible" for the actions of others. But surely we all can agree that the actions of POTUS has a significant influence on the thoughts, and behaviors of millions of people? (Heck , we see this on the Rams, when a change in Head Coach has a huge impact on the 'culture' of the team.) When POTUS acts in a brazenly irresponsible manner, and organizes rallies in hot-spot cities with large crowds , surely one can understand that this has a significant impact on the behavior of millions of his followers? (And no, I'm not going to engage (with others on this thread) in a ridiculous debate about how "I need to see with my every own eyes the literal proof of millions of people who follow the lead of POTUS and are therefore more lax about mask wearing in crowded public places.")

Lastly:

We're all people with inherent rights and freedoms. For now. We can all use the information at hand to make informed decisions. Or not. Choice is ours.

In closing:

As always, I hope you (or others) do not take anything personal from this post, as no animosity is intended. Go Rams and all that.

But yes, I felt your post included a defense of some of the decision-making our "leadership" has made about Covid-19, and I felt compelled to respond.

From my POV, many of the so-called "debates" in this country about Covid-19 aren't really "debates" at all. They are questions of, "Are we gonna do the sensible and scientifically-based thing? Or the utterly irresponsible, mind-boggling stupid, pull-your-hair out WTF are you doing thing?"

The influence of politics has utterly poisoned our collective ability to have a shared sense of true facts. It's sad.

Go Rams
So I take it you are against all the protest as well. After all, large gatherings are large gatherings. The virus doesn't discriminate against the reason for the gathering.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
-X-, Dude,

The germaphobe President

didn't cause it,

can't stop it

Lastly:

In closing:

Go Rams
Is this post available on Kindle?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So I take it you are against all the protest as well. After all, large gatherings are large gatherings. The virus doesn't discriminate against the reason for the gathering.
Correct-- insofar as anytime people gather in large compact crowds, without social distancing and without masks, I think they are being reckless and stupid.

People are free to protest if they want, but IMHO they have a responsibility to themselves and others to (a) wear masks and (b) try to put some space between themselves and their fellow protesters.

As I said in my post, millions of people are stupid. But I take particular offense to a leader who purposefully ignores world class advice, and purposefully organizes rallies when he damn well knows that he's putting people's lives at risk.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct-- insofar as anytime people gather in large compact crowds, without social distancing and without masks, I think they are being reckless and stupid.

People are free to protest if they want, but IMHO they have a responsibility to themselves and others to (a) wear masks and (b) try to put some space between themselves and their fellow protesters.

As I said in my post, millions of people are stupid. But I take particular offense to a leader who purposefully ignores world class advice, and purposefully organizes rallies when he damn well knows that he's putting people's lives at risk.
C'mon bruthah, I could attack assshat leaders on the opposing side right now, but we don't do that here, do we?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Is this post available on Kindle?
Add "sense of humor" to stuff we agree on. Laughed out loud at that response.

Hey, I posted this because I felt compelled to do so. I really, really, really, don't want to get sucked back into endless-seeming debates in this thread.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
C'mon bruthah, I could attack assshat leaders on the opposing side right now, but we don't do that here, do we?
Fair enough. Believe it or not, I made an effort for restraint.

And also in fairness, one has to acknowledge that "asshat leaders on both sides" have been criticized a heckuva lot in this thread.

Moving forward: I've successfully managed to stay out of this thread for over a moth or so, hoping I don't have another relapse after this!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Since I’ve relapsed and am stuck in this thread again, I may as well express something I meant to post a while ago. I’ll call it:

“A visual guide for football fans who still aren’t convinced that masks are important.“

For anyone who is STILL a little skeptical of the crucial importance of social distancing and mask-wearing.... I’m gonna have to resort to drastic measures.

I’m gonna post a photo that is so obscene, so disgusting, so disturbing, that it might traumatize all Rams fans everywhere.

Ya ready?

Ya sure?

Here it is....

Don’t say I didn’t warn you....

F746205E-8221-48DC-9EDB-A02AD3284C24.jpeg

THERE IT IS!!! LOOK AT ALL THOSE DISGUSTING DROPLETS SPEWING FROM THAT ASSHOLE’S FACE!

FOR ANYONE WHO QUESTIONS THE IMPORTANCE OF MASK-WEARING IN THE AGE OF COVID.... I WANT THIS HORRIFIC IMAGE SEARED INTO YOUR BRAIN... FOREVER!

NEVER FORGET THIS PICTURE OF TOM BRADY AND HIS DEMON SPEW!

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Seriously though.... I didn’t quite realize how much we share one another’s breath until I started reading some articles about it. I know it sounds disgusting, but whenever we are in close proximity to someone, we are inevitably getting splattered with hundreds of thousands of (minuscule) water particles. The big ones are called “droplets” (which are subject to gravity and fall to the ground), and the smaller ones are called “aerosols” (which can float in the air for minutes or even hours).

With every breath, we exhale tens of thousands of these tiny water particles. (For infected people, each particle is capable of holding large numbers of Coronavirus.) About 5 to 6 percent of every exhaled breath is composed of water.

It’s easy to forget that we exhale water vapor all the time, since it’s only on very cold days that (due to condensation) the water droplets become visible. These cold-weather photos remind us of the awful truth about our breath:

82045D43-87A8-49CB-AF03-6CE03633ABDF.jpeg

89EDA328-9FA8-4F6B-80C7-401B3F716245.jpeg

2CCB302A-4059-414B-B049-56DC65E62633.jpeg

ED2D1E69-3560-4C11-8588-53B548E6FCDE.jpeg

So next time you see a big group of people crowded close together without masks, please think of the image (above) from the Bengals vs Chargers. It’s amazing how commonplace it is to “take a shower in someone else’s breath.” Especially if they’re shouting or breathing hard.

Are masks perfect? No. But doesn’t common sense explain how masks are effective in absorbing large amounts of moisture from every exhaled breath?

For those who STILL complain about Covid guidelines... given how rapidly and efficiently this respiratory disease spreads... don't these photos help explain why the guidelines are, “Don’t gather in crowds, keep your distance, and put on your damn masks?”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.