Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I decided to get a supply of Hydroxy just in case. Anyone who would like to do the same, pm me and I’ll pass the info along.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
118640331_4500833289956676_8290766796753363268_o.jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
America isn't Stupid.

I disagree.

America has been painfully stupid about this. And arrogant, and undisciplined, and weak.

Almost every country in the world has followed the same strategy but not us. Almost all of them have been far more successful than us.

America is the greatest democracy in the history of the world, and that is a great thing ... except in a pandemic.

We think we know better than the experts and we do what we want. In a pandemic, that is arrogant and stupid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree.

America has been painfully stupid about this. And arrogant, and undisciplined, and weak.

Almost every country in the world has followed the same strategy but not us. Almost all of them have been far more successful than us.

America is the greatest democracy in the history of the world, and that is a great thing ... except in a pandemic.

We think we know better than the experts and we do what we want. In a pandemic, that is arrogant and stupid.
Interesting I was just reading from John Hopkins that the fatality rate from some countries that get praised for their handling of this are worse. That their deaths per 100k population are higher. I guess it's all perception and which numbers you want to pay attention to.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
0.056% of the US population has died of Covid-19.
Only 360 deaths < 25 years old
80% of all Covid deaths are >65 years old
92% are >55 years old (166,000+ seniors die every month in the U.S.)
IOW, 8% of all deaths are < 55 years old per the CDC
94% of Covid deaths had at least 2.6 additional comorbidities
6% of all Covid deaths had *only* Covid listed on the DC.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Interesting I was just reading from John Hopkins that the fatality rate from some countries that get praised for their handling of this are worse. That their deaths per 100k population are higher. I guess it's all perception and which numbers you want to pay attention to.

According to the graph you posted above, per 100K, the U.S. is ahead of Brazil, Chile and Peru ... That's it.

You happy with that?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to the graph you posted above, per 100K, the U.S. is ahead of Brazil, Chile and Peru ... That's it.

You happy with that?
I'll stop because not sure you're reading that right and likely just going to get myself in trouble with the mods.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

You happy with that?
That bar chart is of only the top 20 most currently affected countries. Further down the page is a table of data that shows the US is doing better than quite a few countries.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That bar chart is of only the top 20 most currently affected countries. Further down the page is a table of data that shows the US is doing better than quite a few countries.
And how much better are we doing if you adjust for all the Seniors in nursing homes that were essentially mass murdered by a colossally idiotic policy in five states like NY? I think like 1 in 5 deaths in the US are in that number.

nighttrain

Legend
I disagree.

sums up our leadership at any rate
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And how much better are we doing if you adjust for all the Seniors in nursing homes that were essentially mass murdered by a colossally idiotic policy in five states like NY? I think like 1 in 5 deaths in the US are in that number.
Yeah the death rate in NY alone comes down to a very very small amount when you take out what that murderer did to his people.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's not what I see.

View attachment 38673

The Graph at the top of the posted-link has two tabs. The 2nd reads Deaths per 100k of Population, which is the matrix the poster sited; and to which I responded. The U.S. is 5th worst (I mistakenly posted 4th-worst last night).

The Chart you referenced above is a little further down the first page of the same link. It also has a column for Deaths per 100K Population. The U.S. is the 11th worst on that Chart. There are 170 countries listed on that Chart.

Based on that Chart and that matrix, the U.S. is doing better than 10 countries, and worse than 159 countries.

Same Question. You happy with that?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Take away New York state and our numbers looks much better. Conversely, separate NY state and compare it to other countries, and it's the worst of just about anywhere. And somehow their leadership gets praised for their response.

Take away NY and New Jersey, and the effect is amplified even more.

Meanwhile, in many states, Covid had no more (and sometimes less) impact than the seasonal flu.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Graph at the top of the posted-link has two tabs. The 2nd reads Deaths per 100k of Population, which is the matrix the poster sited; and to which I responded. The U.S. is 5th worst (I mistakenly posted 4th-worst last night).

The Chart you referenced above is a little further down the first page of the same link. It also has a column for Deaths per 100K Population. The U.S. is the 11th worst on that Chart. There are 170 countries listed on that Chart.

Based on that Chart and that matrix, the U.S. is doing better than 10 countries, and worse than 159 countries.

Happy? Probably not, in the end with what went on in New York and a few other states with them murdering their own people through bad policy decisions and our two political parties being more interested in fighting each other than working for the good of the people it's not surprising. Then you throw in the medical experts that some will just blindly follow not being sure what should be done early on and you see the results in those charts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I'm good. 160-170K seniors died last month, and the same amount will die this month. Before this virus even hit, that's the norm. After the virus, it's still the norm. Roughly 92% of all Covid deaths are among senior citizens. 8% of people who died are less than 55 years old. That's a better percentage than the flu, which actually kills children annually. The ONLY thing that needs to be happening right now is the shielding of senior citizens from people who are infected. That's all. Unfortunately, some State leaders did the exact opposite.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty fantastic job containing the virus, all things considered.

Screenshot_5.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
sums up our leadership at any rate
train
That's why it's so important to vote, especially on the local level. Large cities across the nation are under some pretty appalling leadership.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't trust the numbers. So far to many in charge have turned out to be complete morons and liars. I'm not going to believe a word from these fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.