Cooper Kupp...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A first rounder? For Robert Woods?
I love the guy but have a really hard time thinking that would/could happen.

Where do you see me saying that ?
Detroit will have their own very high draft pick based on their 2021 record, and currently they are the only team with zero wins on the season. The Lions also receive the first of their two 1'st round draft picks next year from the Stafford trade, neither have anything to do with a potential trade of Woods.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Where do you see me saying that ?
Detroit will have their own very high draft pick based on their 2021 record, and currently they are the only team with zero wins on the season. The Lions also receive the first of their two 1'st round draft picks next year from the Stafford trade, neither have anything to do with a potential trade of Woods.
My coffee hasn't kicked in, because I misunderstood the post.

But when you said "who knows how" that second first rounder would be used in the same post as a discussion of trading for Woods, that's what I inferred.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My coffee hasn't kicked in, because I misunderstood the post.

But when you said "who knows how" that second first rounder would be used in the same post as a discussion of trading for Woods, that's what I inferred.

I honestly don't know how high a draft pick Woods would bring in, his CAP may put a few teams off, although Detroit seems like a good fit as they have the money and a personal working knowledge of Woods from both Goff & Holmes. Even in Detroit, and being signed until the end of 2025, Woods wouldn't necessarily have to complete his contract, he could be that strong vet WR that helps Goff for just a couple years while they rebuild. Detroit projects to have 11 draft picks next season.

With what will likely be 10 draft picks in 2022, the Rams can afford to be flexible, they may trade off a few to the following year or may choose to move up in the draft, ... Woods might also attract a better 2023 draft pick instead of one for 2022.
Obviously this is all just early speculation, Woods may not be going anywhere, but if the Rams want to save on CAP, and having guys like Van Jefferson, Atwell, Skowronek & possibly a 2022 draft pick waiting in the wings, it would seem naive to dismiss Woods from the conversation.
jmo.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

iu

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Stafford and Kupp each have an extraordinary grasp of every nuance of the passing/receiving/ route running game. They also work their asses off. On their own and together. And they have a great rapport.

Kupp probably knows more about McVay's offense than anyone other than McVay. Stafford may be there soon.

The result is they are as unstoppable as any qb/wr combo in the league right now. Or maybe ever.

dang

Legend
Stafford and Kupp each have an extraordinary grasp of every nuance of the passing/receiving/ route running game. They also work their asses off. On their own and together. And they have a great rapport.

Kupp probably knows more about McVay's offense than anyone other than McVay. Stafford may be there soon.

The result is they are as unstoppable as any qb/wr combo in the league right now. Or maybe ever.
That’s some next level shit!! I hope its contagious to other Rams players.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Have you been watching Ben Sko ?
Harris is going to be a special player as well.
Learning from the best.Adding Tutu as well I think The Rams have put themselves in a nice position moving forward.Van Jefferson is a coaches dream as well.He brings a lot to the table at such an early NFL age of experience.
oh dont get me wrong i like van and tutu potential a lot, but right now van splits time as the 3rd wr and tutu doesnt even see the field as a wr really. having that level of talent behind 2 pro bowl level wrs and an all time great deep threat is just an absolute spoil of riches. no way it can last

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That story about Kupp makes me think he's a slam dunk to be a coach when he hangs them up. If you love the strategy that much there's only one way you're gonna scratch that itch.

Still hoping they have a spot ready for Whit too when he's done.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
oh dont get me wrong i like van and tutu potential a lot, but right now van splits time as the 3rd wr and tutu doesnt even see the field as a wr really. having that level of talent behind 2 pro bowl level wrs and an all time great deep threat is just an absolute spoil of riches. no way it can last

Ben Sko is a player I’m impressed with.I view the game different than a lot of folks. If your giving certain players props then others have to be added.Harris is another example.

—Let’s see who becomes The Number #2 TE this weekend.This should give us a better idea of player personnel.
Who is Jared Pickney ? Guess is a blocking TE.

I believe upside is just a continuation from now moving forward without injury.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pinkney signing may be telling us the young guys aren't ready.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Even from up above the alpine line, Kupp stood out. Literally and figuratively. I know he's got good size but he just looked ...I don't know.. extra big and open.... He just popped off the field... he seemed faster and more athletic than anyone around him. It was pretty impressive.

He's off to a monster of a season because he's a fucking monster this year. Stafford certainly helps, no question, but Kupp is playing like a perfect hybrid of Fitzgerald and Boldin in their primes.

He was already off to a crazy good start through 6 weeks. Adding another 10 catches, 156 yards and 2 TDs probably isn't hurting that trajectory any....

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I said it before the season that Kupp would show out thanks to Stafford being able to read defenses better. Glad I was right there and yes, I'm tooting my own horn dammit lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even from up above the alpine line, Kupp stood out. Literally and figuratively. I know he's got good size but he just looked ...I don't know.. extra big and open.... He just popped off the field... he seemed faster and more athletic than anyone around him. It was pretty impressive.

He's off to a monster of a season because he's a fucking monster this year. Stafford certainly helps, no question, but Kupp is playing like a perfect hybrid of Fitzgerald and Boldin in their primes.

He was already off to a crazy good start through 6 weeks. Adding another 10 catches, 156 yards and 2 TDs probably isn't hurting that trajectory any....
I feel like Kupp is open on almost every play. His route running, agility, football IQ, strength, and YAC ability are just showing out.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First player in the Super Bowl era with at least 800 receiving yards and 9 TDs through 7 games.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That story about Kupp makes me think he's a slam dunk to be a coach when he hangs them up. If you love the strategy that much there's only one way you're gonna scratch that itch.

Still hoping they have a spot ready for Whit too when he's done.
Maybe.
Certainly has the mind/skill set. However, Kupp is a star, and could make $100M by the end of his career.

Those guys usually don’t go into coaching at the pro level. That’s why I don’t see Whitworth becoming a full-time coach. Long hours and hard work at far less pay.

Those guys can speak at corporate events and play golf with business executives; and make more money than an assistant coach in a small fraction of the time. They can get their “football fix” at clinics and a few days at training camp as invited coaching-guests.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
A lot of people wanted to get rid of the coop....

If i here another announcer make a dumb ass comparison because he is white I'm going to lose it.

Dude yesterday said he was a faster welker....

he is about 25lbs heavier than welker and welker is 5'*9 and Kupp is 6'2"....

Their 40' times were about the same...

You know who Kupp reminds me of? Size, RAC, hands?

A guy named Jerry Rice (6'2 200lbs)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
So you don't like Kupp being called the blond Megatron?:laugh4: