Combine Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
They had a deep corner drill which they said is one of the hardest throws for a QB and McCarthy killed it dropped all 3 throws right in the bucket.
Looked good.
Saw McCarthy kinda sucked it up but Milton put on a show. Playing pitch and catch obviously so who cares but saw people getting excited over it.

Honestly, I was impressed by McCarthy's throws. I think he's better then I was giving him credit for earlier.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly think that trading Cooper Kupp should be on the table, especially if you can get a first-round pick for him, but even if you only get a second, you have to consider it with this deep receiver class.

You have got to consider the cap implications. If OTC is correct, a pre-June trade would make zero sense.

And, given his age and recent injury issues, a 1st or 2nd round draft choice seems unrealistic.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have got to consider the cap implications. If OTC is correct, a pre-June trade would make zero sense.

And, given his age and recent injury issues, a 1st or 2nd round draft choice seems unrealistic.
It's not cap smart or roster smart at all IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Very impressed with Brian Thomas Jr, Mitchell, and Legette's testing. They hit and exceeded what they needed to be considered end of 1st, top of 2nd consideration.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very impressed with Brian Thomas Jr, Mitchell, and Legette's testing. They hit and exceeded what they needed to be considered end of 1st, top of 2nd consideration.
Yeah I figured Legette was going to test well but that was a bit faster than I expected. The options are so rich at that position it's ridiculous. Rams will probably identify the smartest among them though, as McVay likes to have situational mastery types and option routes and whatnot in play. But explosive talent is covered for sure. What a class this year is.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Fashanu out with a thigh injury after his first 40 yard run (ran a 5.11). That won’t help his draft stock.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Memphis Ram We were talking about the wrong tackles together :) I saw this too on him he seems to be impressing teams as well. This is looking like a great WR and OL draft.

View: https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1764121279274082482?s=46

Heard someone talking about Fautanu a while back, think it was DJ. He was saying he's a guy who can play any position up front. Feet for the blindside, power and movement on the interior.

But the draft is a relative exercise. And as you start to stack these guys with all these specialized OT types and the wideouts not to mention the QBs... I'm feeling like we have a chance for Fautanu to be there at 19. Probably gonna be more than one top option sitting there for us. I cannot wait for this draft man, gonna be annoying as shit when they move down too. :laugh4:

WestCoastRam

Legend
You and @LA_vision are not alone in your thinking.

Thought WR was very thin before Robinson re-signed but still think a player needs to be added to the group.

I can't imagine Kupp and Nacua playing 17 games. These two take a lot of hits after the catch. Even Nacua was on the injured list several weeks, and had a number of "limited" practices. Love the versatility Robinson provides but both he and Atwell will be free agents in 2025. I like McConkey a lot but love Roman Wilson.
What's so fun about the WR convo is how many good ones are gonna be available and how many good ones fit exactly what we need which is an X receiver. McVay's offense truly hums when he has a capable X who either can take the top off a D or consistently win on frontside and backside digs, posts and corners with height, size and speed.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Heard someone talking about Fautanu a while back, think it was DJ. He was saying he's a guy who can play any position up front. Feet for the blindside, power and movement on the interior.

But the draft is a relative exercise. And as you start to stack these guys with all these specialized OT types and the wideouts not to mention the QBs... I'm feeling like we have a chance for Fautanu to be there at 19. Probably gonna be more than one top option sitting there for us. I cannot wait for this draft man, gonna be annoying as shit when they move down too. :laugh4:
The more teams fall in love with guys like this, the more likely a top corner (less likely, a top edge) falls to us.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
What are the red flags?
I don't know about red flags as far as the player... I have concerns about his father acting as agent ; wanting to control the Combine process in saying that they will not participate in the medical evaluations. That they will only do it with private meetings with who "they" think are worthy. Also, the father met with the NFLPA and asked to have the rules changed so Caleb's rookie contract would not have the existing limitations in value. Caleb in interviews, when asked if he has a plan B if not not drafted 1st, said he has no plan B. He said he deserves to be #1, a bit of summarization there... It came off as a bit arrogant IMO. I know every player is going to do what is best for their future, but most stay within process that all other players must go through. I will chuckle if the Bears go another direction and WIlliams falls a couple of spots.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL defenses will serve Caleb the humble pie he needs if he comes in too arrogant. Even if you're a top talent like him you need to do the work to be great. So there should be a corrective path there if he is a bit too out of whack.

But some guys, the ones who know how good they are, can do that stuff pre-draft and get away with it and still be great. Elway was like "I ain't playing for you." And he ended up taking halfass rosters to the SB early in his career and losing. So the NFL has a way of coming back around on these guys and giving them that seasoning they need.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Wouldn’t be upset with him opposite Young. They could force the qb to step up pretty quickly, allowing Turner and Donald to do their thing
I hope not. He has no pass rush plan.... and he disappears in games

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Cody Schrader is a Kyren Williams clone. Almost identical measurables and run styles. Would be a great pickup to back Kyren up
Don't think so. WIlliams can pass protect, Schrader can't.