Combine Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
He did! And he weighed in less than Tutu Atwell I believe.
And then he put on his backpack and went home.... all the other receivers stayed and did their field drills. WTF guy? Do you want to be an NFL receiver or just want the glory of being the fastest guy at the combine?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Trading up for odunze would be a mistake imo, there is too much talent in this class to trade for.
Exactly ... the Draft is deep at WR. Trade up for an Edge or OT....there is a big drop-off after the TOP 3 of each

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
So much of the draft depends on what happens in free agency but to me it looks like the Rams will go CB in the 1st round.
The Drat is very deep at CB to just stay at 19 and draft a CB. IMO, they will go after an OT or Edge in a trade up or stay put.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Exactly ... the Draft is deep at WR. Trade up for an Edge or OT....there is a big drop-off after the TOP 3 of each
I don't know about the draft dropping off at OT after top 3... there's at least 5 tackle prospects who will go in the 1st this year and possibly 8 total! And that's not even talking about depth after that.

Yes, edge is apparently atrocious this year.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
The Drat is very deep at CB
IMG_7865.jpeg

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I’d rather just take Estimé in the third round and be done with it.

KW and Audric as the 1-2 punch, with Rivers as third choice? Sounds good to me.
Estime was the slowest RB to test. I'm certainly not a 40 yard dash is everything at RB, but, it would be nice to have a guy that can spring a long TD every so often to spell Kyren. Guerendo and Wright are very intriguing in that regard. Went back and watched some more of Guerendo and really intrigued by him, big body and insane speed. Suspect in Pass pro however.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about the draft dropping off at OT after top 3... there's at least 5 tackle prospects who will go in the 1st this year and possibly 8 total! And that's not even talking about depth after that.

IMO there are 3 blue chip Edge prospects this year, then a handful of fairly high potential guys. The drop off is fairly harsh after the 2nd round however which is why they will be overdrafted likely. Luckily, all 3 of the blue chips guys would fit into our defense fairly great.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Yes, you are correct. Let me be more specific , a LOT. Most of the Tackles that will be available @ 19 will be players that have only played on the right side. Faushanu (Washington) may be the only one that lasts to pick 19.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yes, you are correct. Let me be more specific , a LOT. Most of the Tackles that will be available @ 19 will be players that have only played on the right side. Faushanu (Washington) may be the only one that lasts to pick 19.
I thought Faushanu was considered the 2nd best tackle behind Alt.

And I think with some of the right side guys, there's a belief that they can play LT. Usually it's not a good sign that a guy can play LT if he's been starting at RT in college but it's not a guarantee nor is it fully determinative. I'm not so sure some of those guys wouldn't be an upgrade over Jackson on the left side... though not arguing for us to pursue that.

I'm far less versed on tackles in this draft than 1st/2nd round WRs and CBs and QBs.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I think he would be worth it as long as we don't give up the farm to get him, he' s getting Larry Fitzgerald comparsions

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Don't think so. WIlliams can pass protect, Schrader can't.

Schrader can absolutely pass protect; he did that a lot at Mizzou, and it's how Brady Cook often had time to find Luther Burden and - to a lesser extent - Marquis Johnson on all of those long-developing passing plays.

Schrader's a K-Will clone, in my eyes.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think that was before the combine, we're talking DeVon Achane type speed but 33 pounds heavier
I agree with you. I like the player. I found him last month from a Youtube video .....was hoping he would remain obscure. I think he can also pass protect :thumbsup1:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Really not that bad of a thought, as long as his replacement (top draft pick) was prepared to do his share of blocking. This is a must for anybody wanting to play in a McVay offense, right?

I don’t see Kupp ever having a season close to ‘21 again. Not only has a decline to be expected from all of the injuries, but it isn’t necessary as long as the Rams are getting production from Robinson and Nacua.

If I was a GM, I would offer a 3rd at best, but would hope a 4th and 6th would get it done. I just don’t see anybody offering anything higher than a 3rd.
Would you consider either of those offers?

I'd consider a second. I'd balk at the third or fourth and sixth. Kupp at his best is an elite player (even though I don't think he'll ever come close to it again), and I think GMs would still value that.
What you described coupled with his contract is probably the reason the Rams probably wouldn't get that value back in return.

True, but there's always a sucker of a GM who thinks they can fix things. Even though a first is a longshot, I'd still take a second, and I think some desperate GM would pay it.
You have got to consider the cap implications. If OTC is correct, a pre-June trade would make zero sense.

And, given his age and recent injury issues, a 1st or 2nd round draft choice seems unrealistic.

Fair on the first round, disagree on the second round. And we've had dead cap implications for Gurley, Goff, and Ramsey as well, just as much as Kupp, if not more in Goff's case. McSnead's not afraid to deal with dead cap situations.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Schrader can absolutely pass protect; he did that a lot at Mizzou, and it's how Brady Cook often had time to find Luther Burden and - to a lesser extent - Marquis Johnson on all of those long-developing passing plays.

Schrader's a K-Will clone, in my eyes.
After reviewing my source, I see your point. He did have some success protecting the passer at Mizzou. However, many of the other RB's are rated much higher in this phase than Schrader. PFF grades him at 52, where others like J. Brooks, K. Vidal, J. Wright, T. Brooks, D. Johnson, Gore Jr, Trey Benson are all rated at 72 and above. I am concerned at 5'8-1/2, 202 lbs that protecting the passer at the NFL will be much more difficult. In addition to that, I think the Rams should go with a back that offers something a bit different to compliment what Williams doesn't have ; more speed and/or size.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cannot see McVay trading Kupp away prior to this season. Kupp has had a year to recover from the injuries he was still likely recovering from last season. Plus the connection Kupp and Stafford have is special. We take a big cap hit and lose a top 10 WR all while trying to make a Superbowl push? Unlikely at best IMO.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Estime was the slowest RB to test. I'm certainly not a 40 yard dash is everything at RB, but, it would be nice to have a guy that can spring a long TD every so often to spell Kyren. Guerendo and Wright are very intriguing in that regard. Went back and watched some more of Guerendo and really intrigued by him, big body and insane speed. Suspect in Pass pro however.
Guerendo is rated the same as Schrader is Pass protection. PFF gives them both a rating of 52.

Wright gives them all 3 ; home run threat with the speed, also great contact balance, along with good receiving skills and pass protection. I would have no problem with the Rams drafting Wright in the 3rd round.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Teams evaluate their feet, and their slide, how smooth they can mirror a rusher in space. Their punch. Etc. Then they project them in their system and sometimes that will include a position different than what they played in college.

Fuaga for example is a beast on the right side. But his feet are good. He's got a smooth slide. It might not be a stretch to project him to LT. If the Rams were to take him I'd say he has a reasonable chance to end up at LT for us day one. Initially he's going to have matchups he needs help with occasionally, but it's not like Jackson is a lockdown LT. And he would improve going forward with those feet and raw ability. Plus our left side run game with him and Avila boy howdy.