Cole: Browns Will 'Take a Real Run' at Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fwiw in Bradford last 16 starts they averaged just over 16 offensive points per game. And since have averaged just over 18.5.
And being he's only played in 49 of 80 starts I can't fathom what makes him so irreplaceable.
Replace what?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Bradford is a given. We know what he is at worst. What isn't a given is how good he can be. Which is why many of us don't want to trade him unless we're getting a really good offer.

The drop-off from moving him IS earthshaking. The options out there right now are guys like Mark Sanchez, Matt Moore, Jake Locker, etc.

AT BEST? I don't think we know what we're getting at best. What we do KNOW is that he's not Matt Leinart. Matt Leinart started 18 games in his entire career and looked completely in over his head. We've already seen more than enough of Bradford to know that he's an average starter AT WORST.(if he's on the field)

At best...who knows what we have. The guy threw 28 TDs to 11 Ints in his last 16 starts with Chris Givens, Lance Kendricks, and Austin Pettis as his most productive weapons behind a below average at best OL with a mediocre running game. To state the obvious, that's pretty damn impressive.

IMO, we're getting an average to above average starting QB with the potential to be a top 10 QB.

That's worth a lot to me. I'll gamble on his health. But I'm also not going to bet everything I have on it.

Finally, a voice of reason! For a moment there I thought I was on the PD Board.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm on team Sammy, always have been, but if we can get some draft picks to help shore up our o-line I'd be ok with him moving on.
I really don't see a viable option out there to replace him so we go with Hill and Davis plus some rook and win games with our D and run game. F it, man up and ball Rams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fwiw in Bradford last 16 starts they averaged just over 16 offensive points per game. And since have averaged just over 18.5.
And being he's only played in 49 of 80 starts I can't fathom what makes him so irreplaceable.
Replace what?

Really, you want to play the numbers game?

Since Fisher arrived the rams are 5-2-1 against the division with sam behind Centre. They are 2-8 against the division without him.

Which numbers mean more? Do they mean anything?

ram007

Starter

Since Fisher arrived the rams are 5-2-1 against the division with sam behind Centre. They are 2-8 against the division without him.

I am in the camp that believes Bradford is best option for 2015.

8 games in division out of 49 games is selective sample. The overall body of work has been disappointing

Yea...except you're short a first. It'll take two firsts and likely something else to move up into the top 5.

According to the trade value chart our first and second are exactly equal in value to the 4th pick in the draft, I view this draft as more of a 2013 quality draft where Miami's 1st and 2nd were enough to move from 13 to 3. Either way it should be enough to get to leap frog the New York Jets.

But maybe you're right and the demand would be greater, there's nothing stoping you from negotiating a 3 way trade just to be sure of the market.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to the trade value chart our first and second are exactly equal in value to the 4th pick in the draft, I view this draft as more of a 2013 quality draft where Miami's 1st and 2nd were enough to move from 13 to 3. Either way it should be enough to get to leap frog the New York Jets.

But maybe you're right and the demand would be greater, there's nothing stoping you from negotiating a 3 way trade just to be sure of the market.

2013 was the weakest draft at the top that I've ever seen. Last year, it took Buffalo two firsts and a fourth to move up from #9 to #4.

We're dealing with a QB here...it'll likely take us AT LEAST two firsts...if not two firsts and another later round pick such as a third or a fourth.

Plus, you gotta keep in mind that this draft has a strong top 5-6 prospects and then falls off a bit. It doesn't fall off a ton but there's a clear top tier in this draft class.(discounting Marcus Peters because of his character and the two HBs because of their position)

Am I the only one who sees those stats as: Games played with Bradford: 8, games played without Bradford: 10?

2013 was the weakest draft at the top that I've ever seen. Last year, it took Buffalo two firsts and a fourth to move up from #9 to #4.

We're dealing with a QB here...it'll likely take us AT LEAST two firsts...if not two firsts and another later round pick such as a third or a fourth.

Plus, you gotta keep in mind that this draft has a strong top 5-6 prospects and then falls off a bit. It doesn't fall off a ton but there's a clear top tier in this draft class.(discounting Marcus Peters because of his character and the two HBs because of their position)

If you say so. It's all just opinion I think you're wrong, you clearly think I'm wrong, typing in caps isn't going to change either of our opinions.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I don't know how all of this will ultimately play out but can people stop throwing Manziel's name out there as a potential part of it. It's making my brain hurt

FRO

Legend
Why are people asking for Justin Gilbert? He got beat out by a UDFA for his position, looked like crap when he did play, and admitted that his work ethic and attitude were garbage as a rookie.

Nope.

There's nobody in the 2nd round we could replace Bradford with and it's not a major enough trade chip. They'd need to give us #19. At least we could use that as a major trade chip to move up for one of the top two QBs.

Yea...except you're short a first. It'll take two firsts and likely something else to move up into the top 5.
It would have to be a three way draft deal so I know for sure I'm getting a QB. If your Cleveland why trade all of that for Bradford when you can move up and get the rookie with no health issues.

FRO

Legend
Replace what?
Bradford's last 16 games:
28 TDs
11 INTs
3,797 Yards

That's with Brandon Gibson and Austin Pettis as his top outside WRs, Dayrl Richardson was the starting RB for 25% of that, and a very poor offensive line. Not too shabby I would say.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I was thrilled when the Rams drafted Sam Bradford and I am still a huge fan of his but if the Browns really are interested in trading for him and they offer anything of value then I think the Rams would have to strongly consider making that trade. I would think the money the Rams would save on his salary for this coming season could be a huge asset going into the offseason free agent market. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think there are major concerns about Bradford's knees and how much he will actually be able to play next season (And, future seasons after that as well). If the Rams can get Bradford's cap space AND a decent draft pick(s) I would make the trade!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford's last 16 games:
28 TDs
11 INTs
3,797 Yards

That's with Brandon Gibson and Austin Pettis as his top outside WRs, Dayrl Richardson was the starting RB for 25% of that, and a very poor offensive line. Not too shabby I would say.
16 offensive points per game and a 7-9 record in that stretch.
You really ought to have higher standards.
18.5 ppg game since. So we're not talking about replacing anything if sam weren't coming back.
Of course we all know he is and will support him. But realistically all we have is hope that he can finally reach our expectations

FRO

Legend
16 offensive points per game and a 7-9 record in that stretch.
You really ought to have higher standards.
18.5 ppg game since. So we're not talking about replacing anything if sam weren't coming back.
Of course we all know he is and will support him. But realistically all we have is hope that he can finally reach our expectations
You are pinning the entire offensive statistics and team record on one guy. That's not how football works. Brandon Gibson and Austin Pettis were the number 1 receivers during that stretch. A wore down Steven Jackson and Daryl Richardson were the RBs for the majority of that stretch. A bunch of offensive linemen that aren't in the league anymore started during that stretch. Bradford could have played better during that stretch too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm still bummed that Devanney didn't trade the first overall pick for the steelers first rounder and Ben Roethlisberger. What a huge mistake that turned out to be. You would think that Devanney would know that a draft pick is not worth a proven player. Sam was not proven in the NFL and Ben was.

Back to the trade.. I am so tired of the injured players that this team seems to always have. It is always at key positions. DX, Setterstrom, Amendola, Bradford. My irrational frustrated side says get rid of Sam if you can. Get a first rounder or even a two second rounders. Lets just get healthy. Minor injuries are one thing, but this is getting out of hand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Am I the only one who sees those stats as: Games played with Bradford: 8, games played without Bradford: 10?

You can read into numbers, and infer infinite ideas as to what those numbers mean

I see what your saying though

But, if you consider AZ - we ruined their season -- in a much more heartbreaking way -- by killing Palmer and then Stanton. AZ was in the playoffs but lost badly. But injuries happen to the best of them but more importantly AZ was forced to play with 3 QB's and still have a developmental guy with Logan Thomas on those roster / I think they did okay with Lindley all considering.

I think AZ did an excellent job with their QB's, I mean with Stanton and Palmer you'd feel confident with that team going into any game, and for the future you have Lindley and Thomas / especially with the reality that injuries happen - the depth and system for developing QB's is something we absolutely don't have

Fisher and Snead going into year 4 without the RG3 picks and without a plan at the QB position is what I see as being the biggest problem.

All this "smoke" isn't from some unseen fire - it's from a noxious gas that is oozing out of the bowels of Rams park and asphyxiating the fan base.

Already all this speculation with zero viable options besides bowing to Bradford it looks really foreboding for our Rams offense in 2015