Cole: Browns Will 'Take a Real Run' at Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Insider Buzz: Browns Will 'Take a Real Run' at Trading for Rams QB Sam Bradford

The Cleveland Browns may look for a new quarterback this offseason as that situation is still unclear moving forward.

Will the Browns try to trade for St. Louis Rams signal-caller Sam Bradford? Who else could the Browns consider?

Watch as Stephen Nelson and Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Colediscuss Bradford's future in the video above.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m_campaign=web-mob-art-vid-150?is_shared=true

ram007

Starter
There is smoke but is there a fire? LaCanfora and now jason cole are reporting this...hmmm

FRO

Legend
There is smoke but is there a fire? LaCanfora and now jason cole are reporting this...hmmm
Doesn't mean the Rams want to trade him. If he were available the Rams would let it be known.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It'll cost 'em a first rounder this year, and next year.

I just watched draft day. Let's make a deal!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Well I guess the silver lining is we would get draft compensation I believe unless we outright release him, correct?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Their 2015 first round pick and Johnny Manziel = let's do it!

<ducks>

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These "insider buzz" reports are total nonsense
Instead of "Browns Will 'Take a Real Run' at Trading for Rams QB Sam Bradford"
The actual title should be: "Will Browns 'Take a Real Run' at Trading for Rams QB Sam Bradford?"

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Id do it for the 12th overall pick and Justin Gilbert, They are not really happy with him and he under preformed. If he came to the Rams I think he would shine like Barron, he's talented for sure.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rotoworld is saying that Bradford has told fisher that he won't restructure as well. Anyone else hearing that?

Slappy967

Starter
It also says the Browns are only offering a 2nd round pick at best as compensation. Still interested? I'd seriously consider it even at that price.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It also says the Browns are only offering a 2nd round pick at best as compensation. Still interested? I'd seriously consider it even at that price.
If there's Cleveland's 2nd rounder on the table now, they ought to take it and run

Snap your hand off for a second, throw it in with our 1st and go get Mariota, then build the OL in the second and third.

jjab360

Legend
I'd take that. Bradford's good but he's also damaged goods and he's replaceable.

iced

I think this is bogus..

we've heard time and time again they have money set aside for him, he's not on the block, and they want him back....

if he wasn't in the plans i don't think they'd consult him either for the new offensive staff changes.

Guess ignorance sells media clicks

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I know Bradford hasn't been reliable (in that he hasn't been healthy) but he's certainly a nice enough guy and I wouldn't wish that evil on him.

Irish

Starter
Whatever happened to football trades?

Player for player type stuff.

You want Sam? Fine, we expect a like-valued roster player. Justin Gilbert sounds good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's probably bogus, but you never know. If Sam has decided not to restructure which is possible given the lack of progress in talks, then the Rams will be more likely to move him. Cleveland is a mess, and cannot control Manziel. Fish would probably be able to handle Manziel's personality, the Rams had scouts that liked him coming out, they have a QB coach who is good at working with mobile QBs now, he comes under contract for longer than Sam, and his value is incredibly low which means the Rams would get a pick too.

Everyone hates Manziel here it seems, but he still has a chance to show he can play in this league. If the Rams think they'd have to franchise tag Sam to keep him next year, they might decide to cut bait provided they get an offer they like.

With that 2nd round pick the Rams could take Carden, Petty, or Hundley. Add a guy like Sanchez in FA and we have:

Sanchez > Manziel> Davis > [Carden/Petty/Hundley]

Not a bad depth chart for next year's camp. What Sanchez gives up in his production he compensates for in not being an extreme injury risk. He knows the Rams' offense and would have far more weapons than he's ever had in the NFL. The cap savings would mean a very high chance of signing a guy like Wisniewski. The draft pick would mean another OL that the Rams would be able to get instead of using it on a QB. Finally, the Rams would not be hell bent on keeping Manziel, if he can't beat out Davis he's cut.